Reviews for The Powers Arcane
SilverMoonGrimm chapter 1 . 3/18
Well written. Very IC even for the situation. I enjoyed!
SapphiretheWhiteWolf chapter 1 . 1/11
Your writing style just portrays Artemis perfectly. Perhaps you have heard this a lot, perhaps you haven't. But, I just have to mention how you're able to give Artemis emotions, but refrain from mangling up his character into some teenage angst persona. And for that, I thank you.
Dust and Shadow chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
This story is really good. Artemis's personality is captured perfectly.
P.S. Listen to "Vincent (Starry, Starry Night)" by Don McLean while reading this story.
potterlockedintheshire chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Your writing style is beautiful, and I believe that you captured Artemis's dialogue quite well. Really clever connection between Van Gogh and Artemis; this is a wonderful and unique piece.
Robin-Is-Totally-Whelming chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
you are an awesome artemis fowl writer!
HeartInTheWind chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
your good with emotional wrighting and i laughed a lot at your storys you should be an author
Musafreen chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
This is really good. You managed to be melancholic without being downright depressing. And the characterization is just beautiful. I liked the theme too.

Musafreen
Mere Reflection chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Very touching and clever. An amazing story- well done D
CN chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Pretty good job. I like the concept a lot- for some reason I find such flashes of insight to be very attributable to Artemis. One note, though- Van Gogh sold only one painting in his entire life.
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
like pieces in a puzzle.

brittney
Forever Day chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
I really loved this story. You always manage to get Artemis in character, most people on the site turn him into Mr nice guy himself, and I also recently went to the Van Gogh & his letters exhibition in London so it was nice that they were mixed together in a brilliant way.

The only thing you could have done is explain at the start about the letters being in italics, as that was slightly confusing as to who or what was speaking.
allucinatoris chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
i don't think I have ever read something quite like that. artemis is usually the cold and calculating genius you know and projected without flaw except for his famous lack of sociability. I love the idea of this and your writing style for it./
vermismortifer chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Perfect.
hattergems chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.

- Aldous Huxley
Captain Clueless the First chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Oh my Lord. You've done it again, Fiercejinx. I love it!