Reviews for Geniuses of Hard Work
darksider82 chapter 6 . 12/6/2013
Utter brilliance with the Sherlock Holmes reference. Made me grin. Carry on.
SkywardStrike chapter 34 . 11/25/2013
Best. Ending. Ever.
Guest chapter 34 . 11/21/2013
Not bad... Though not very satisfying, you regularly had me vowing to myself that I should tear out your heart for annoying me so much, However you did manage to surpass Kishimoto, like many others before you. Thanks for your time and effort, it could of sucked much worse!
Guest chapter 20 . 11/21/2013
I have mixed feelings about this fic, like many stories on this site, it's better than Bakamoto-teme's original. But, that isn't exactly difficult. I'd say this story is somewhere in the top hundred, while the original story wouldn't even make it into the top thousand.
9foxgrl chapter 34 . 11/17/2013
HA HA! this was a great story! thank you
9foxgrl chapter 6 . 11/17/2013
COOL
Guest chapter 20 . 10/25/2013
Ahh the story was going great but you just had to add that ridiculous part about him agreeing to get killed by Temari. I was so lost in the story until that part, lost all intrest in it. Well it was good while it lasted.
Star chapter 21 . 10/5/2013
Poor Hinata
TrueLoverxx chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
I really enjoyed the story, great writing. Can't wait to read any stories you produce in the future :D
ThatOneGuyWhoIsANinja chapter 34 . 9/18/2013
This is literally THE best thing ever. I thank you for writing it. Seriously. I cried. I laughed. I cried again. Then I laughed some more.

It was beautiful.

Very Youthful.
drizzt chapter 2 . 9/7/2013
watch it be another mask
Uberlemming chapter 7 . 8/21/2013
And I was enjoying this until now. The wave mission is one of the least well thought out arcs in Naruto, and that is saying a lot. What do you think will happen if Konoha ninja forgive and forget when they are lied to and their genin put in mortal peril? They would be used and abused by greedy, ruthless or just desperate people until there was nothing left. It is not just naive to continue the mission, it is putting the lives of comrades in jeopardy.

In addition you have the common 'stop and explain what you are doing when an opponent asks in the middle of a fight' thing going on. Now I know that the manga and anime have that but you have all the advantage of the written word at your disposal. Still, despite this the writing was good as was the characterisation (though I think Naruto's biggest problem is his ability to lie to himself about his ability in situations and Maito Gai would have picked up on it before almost anything else with the way you have portrayed him). I do not think I can continue to enjoy a story with the ridiculous fight scenes the way you have portrayed them, some things do not translate well between mediums.

However, do not let this discourage you, this was well written and excellently executed, just try thinking about the consequences of character's actions in their setting a bit more and suspension of disbelief will be easy to maintain, as will the attention of your audience. Thanks for writing!
Just Done chapter 34 . 8/12/2013
Though I'm normally (admittedly) a ghost reader, I thought that I might drop off my review as I just finished reading this series. It was really new and unique-something that I can't say for more than half of all Naruto fanfiction. Because of this, there was reasonably good and bad things that came out of the semi-completely randomization of events. Judging how I somehow managed to make it to the end without quitting, this fic was quite addicting and worth the time.
First, I have to admit that though new events occurred... there was actually many things that was easily predictable to me. Maybe it's because the whole Naruto franchise really did teach me to look underneath the underneath. Or it's because I'm really interested in psychology (and though some of the characters did quite irrational things some of the time, I could still forsee future events with how you followed up on their new characteristics). Not that it was a bad thing. Even then, the ride was enjoyable and made me laugh and all that emotion stuff.

I kinda hated how some canon features of the manga were completely ignored in the fic. And how some character portrayals were off. And how the power levels were completely off-genin, even if hard working geniuses, should not be that strong. There's such a thing called chakra exhaustion, remember? Besides, even Kakashi and Itachi weren't pulling out all of those moves in their youth and high level crap. Sure, the high level crap proves the point-further showing their strength from hard work... but you got to remember the whole universe. If genin could do this with less than a year of hard work, then why can't anyone else in the world? There would be overpowered badasses everywhere, making them very less badass. And some of the moves don't work the way they do in canon, making it kinda annoying. Ino was a lot better in the manga. At least you didn't bash Sakura like many others though... There is no such move that could create a bigass tree like that. Gaara and Orochimaru really shouldn't die that easily (or at least they died that easily to me). What the hell is with all the robotic Zaku-if the ninja universe was that futuristic, then they should have more machines, gadgets, and even the cellphone already (I forgot if they had a telephone or not-no, right?). And the barrier-it needed four men to do that (even for all-mighty Orochimaru). Besides, Kakashi and Gai are not anywhere close to the second-strongest or even fifth strongest of Konoha. I'm sure that there are plenty of people that could beat them-just have different skill sets or were actually being NINJA and hiding within the tree's shadows like Danzo.

But I got to admit that at least the fight scenes were very well written. You really must know what you were doing when you wrote them. Elements. Taijutsu. Weapons. Very interesting.

The humor was comedy gold. Even the supposedly nonfunny parts were funny-I laughed right away when Naruto, Haku, and Gai died cuz it was so obvious how thick their plot armor was. Or were we supposed to laugh? I really couldn't tell.

Too bad for Suna though that they now have to reseal Shukaku again as he would be revived in one year, judging by how Isobu (the Sanbi) was revived in three years after death. I was actually kinda expecting more from the Kazekage. Like a short clip on a conversation between him and Naruto, him and Temari, or even him and Kankuro on Gaara's death. It would have made Gaara's death a little more important.

Thanks for not beating Sasuke, Neji, and Sakura up too much. They normally get bashed in the pre-Shippuden arcs which makes me always pity them... or at least pity their canon counterparts because their fanfic counterparts that do get bashed by authors deserve to get bashed. That, I admit. Thanks again for not adding civilian mob abuse on Naruto for Kick The Puppy points. That's irrational and stupid, even if Kurama (the Kyuubi) can regenerate the guy. In a shinobi village and after many years since the Bijuus' creation, you would expect that shinobi understand the concept between the kunai and the scroll, the prisoner and the prison, and whatever else people call it by then. And finally, thanks for not adding too many stutters for Hinata, too much intelligence for Naruto (he's cuter when he's dumb and he's only smart canon-ically when he's in a fight or learns by hands-on experience), and too many caps-locks for the Green Beasts Duo.

Overall, good work. 8/12/2013
RykOakwine chapter 34 . 8/9/2013
A really excellent story, lighthearted and fun, with reasonable competence with grammar and spelling.

Some things distracted me in it, but compared to the source material of pre-timeskip Naruto canon it was truly excellent.

I thought Hinata acted out of character quite a bit, especially in her fight against Tenten. It's one thing to get more confident, it's another to be jabbering throughout a battle. This happens a few times with this storys Hinata, she just doesn't come across as very Hinata-ish for stretches of the story.

I was shocked Guy agreed to Sarutobi adding to the terms of the bet by saying only the winner of the 3rd Round combats would be promoted. How totally unfair and inconsiderate of the dedication and effort that the entire team put into training. Why would Guy agree to this? It just doesn't make sense, as the overall winner would surely be promoted anyway.

Lots of little plot-convenient items like that, where characters acted out of character for the convenience of some point the author was trying to get across, but all in all these lapses were forgivable. While I'd not call this story one of the best I've read, it's still good enough to go into my favorites list.

Worth reading, that's my recommendation.
RykOakwine chapter 18 . 8/8/2013
So Hinata and tayuya dialogued and fought for almost 17 seconds while falling before hitting the ground.

So they fell from a branch 1401 feet from ground level? Seriously?

Damn, it's bad enough in all these Naruto stories that everyone seems to be able to jump and change direction in midair, and a thousand other physics defying feats, but a 1401 foot tall f'ing tree limb? Come on!
1,619 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »