Reviews for Geniuses of Hard Work
PanzerSchreck chapter 5 . 7/30/2013
Lee trying to be a detective is one of the best things ive read in a fanfic in a while!
Yasha-HebiHime chapter 34 . 7/5/2013
Well, I have reached the end and it was worth the read... I hope that you introduce a sequel but at the same time it feels like this was meant to be the end of ends, though there's obviously so much more that could happen. For now, however, I would like to say some nice and not so nice things I noted about this story, as constructive criticism I suppose.

First, your fights were well detailed and it was easy to follow them and understand exactly what was happening. The story flowed nicely and the level of strength everyone showed grew realistically... through hard work. There really is a lot of good things I can say about this story, but I seem to have forgotten quite a few of them...

You also had good logic in some parts... but in others... Well, it was rather lacking.

First part that comes to mind is the beginning with Hinata being exchange for Sakura, despite Kakashi not having Hinata on his team. While I can't argue with the result; Kurenai would have thrown up a storm since she wanted Hinata for her own team, not to mention her own connection to the Hyuuga Heiress before teams were even picked.

Next was... practically the entire Chunin Exam section. I feel that you went completely overboard with it, though it was obviously essential to the plot. For one, I don't believe Zabuza and Haku would get the jobs for the Chunin Exams just like that. Their loyalty should have still been in question, if only slightly, and the Chunin Proctors should have been chosen before those two showed up.

Next was Orochimaru and Gaara. It was... silly, to say the least. Not the methods in which they were dealt with, but the fact that they were dealt with at all. Let's start with the easy one; Gaara. I don't believe that a Bijuu escaping falls into the Chunin Exam's "Do not interrupt" rule and more people than Haku should have been able to see/feel the chakra and be able to react to it. I don't doubt the Hokage, Hayate, or at the very least Zabuza should have reacted and attempted to assist, even if it was a Genin. I don't think Gaara would have been so intent on trying to kill Sakura/Shino/Kiba either just because she screamed. They were rather 'weak', compared to someone like Naruto, and wasting time isn't really Gaara's style.

Orochimaru was far too slippery in Canon and even in this story to allow himself to be killed in such a way. He would have, at the very least, put efforts to make sure Kabuto never betrayed him or that he at least never truly died.

Orochimaru's Curse Seals should have also failed the second he died, literally. All Curse Seals are linked to Orochimaru's life, due to it housing part of his soul I believe, and would be destroyed the instant he died, if he truly did die. The only exceptions to this rule would possibly be Anko, due to her seal being the 'prototype', and definitely Juugo, since his seal is actually a bloodline rather than a artificial seal. Dosu could also be an exception due to it being applied after Orochimaru's 'death', but the low rate of survival would probably become non-existent, due to the soul possibly being the reason of that.

Another thing was Kabuto damaging Naruto's seal... Naruto's seal isn't effected by physical attacks... At all. He has been repeatedly hit in the stomach after all and the 'cross' Kabuto used was only said to absorb the Kyuubi's chakra; not to mention that the Shiki Fuujin could not have something trivial like that for Kabuto to get his hands on to counter if the cross truly did have a way to unseal the Kyuubi. Still, the Kyuubi can not actually be freed. The Yondaime, in Canon, sealed only half the Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto, resulting in the Kyuubi being simply a being of "mind" rather than body. It has no physical form to take on in the outside world and it knows this; it's why Naruto's death would result in the Kyuubi's death as well.

The last thing I would like to bring up is the Chunin thing... For one, the Hokage isn't the only one that decides who is a Chunin and who isn't, at least not when it comes to the Exams. Not only that, but he cannot say only one person can get the promotion, or that it's only a ranking. Chunin have the rights to lead their own team and are expected to do so. All of Gai's Team, Kiba, Shino, Tenten, and Sasuke, along with a few others I think, showed leadership strength and values and could have been promoted easily.

The Hokage also has the right to promote outside the exams if they were deemed ready; the Exams are just a 'replacement of war' and a way to show the strength of the village to outside sources.

There probably are a few more things I could say, but you're probably rather annoyed at this long and troublesome review so I'll leave it at this... Also, despite all my negativity I've shown in this review, I still greatly enjoyed reading this and I hope your hard work continues to strive to great stories being written. Perhaps a sequel will take place, perhaps not, but I'm sure it will be great either way.

To you, a true Genius of Hard Work, I can say that this story is great and that you have the potential to write many more great ones.
JohnAtDawn chapter 15 . 7/3/2013
Kabuto what are you doing.
Kabuto.
Staph.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 34 . 7/3/2013
I love your story so much! :) So amazing. Great Ending.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 32 . 7/3/2013
I'm sooo glad Guy Sensei is alright and that juho raden attack was so cool! I loved everybit. The Reunion was just...amazing. I'm so happy to see him alive.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 31 . 7/2/2013
This is sooo sad...Guy Sensei...aww now im crying
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 30 . 7/2/2013
The Gaara and Tenari scene was so hurtful that it put tears in my eyes. Wow
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 26 . 7/2/2013
Oh i wonder whats gonna happen between guy and Hiro. I can be sure its going to be heaartbreaking that my eyes have begun to water. Gai-Sensei..
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 25 . 7/2/2013
Loved the fight between Naruto and Lee! All the fights are just so interesting and seem to have a great twist added.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 24 . 7/2/2013
GO NARUTO! Ohh this is soo great! The power of youth burns in us all! I was laughing so hard when Lee and Hinata held each other jumping up and down. Wow, such a great fight! Lee didn't even break a sweat on his opponent.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 23 . 7/2/2013
GO HINATA! WHOOP THATS MY GIRL! Love the fight.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 17 . 7/2/2013
Such an emotional chapter. My eyes are about to water from what happened between Gaara and Naruto. They were so much alike, its incredible the amount of care Naruto has. I'm surprised he don't consider burning down Konoha. Poor Gaara..R.I.P.
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 13 . 7/2/2013
Awwww so cute between Naruto and Hinata. I wonder who guy coulda been surprised by.
kildar2010 chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
you know i thought this story would suck because most of these storys are waaaay to forced, but you actually have a reason for most of the changes.
4/5 (for this chapter anyway)
Dark Kitty Mate chapter 10 . 7/1/2013