Reviews for The Trials of Triskelion
remerkaba chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
Poor Scotty! I am really enjoying this story.
May20 chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
Hellooooo! It s me again!

Thanks for your reply, i am happy to hear you are planning to give this plot a little more depth than the original episode seemed to have. I still have not seen it but i think it is better this way *g*. OK, i can imagine that a reboot of a TOS episode is not made for a complex plot. I will be fine with the plan of yours as long there is a lot of friendship and you know...

Hehe, a fine little chapter. I liked Sulu when he realized he is Captain of the Enterprise. It is nice to see you are as good with the other characters of the crew as with our three loved heroes. Scotty was wonderful, too. Poor little Puppy. Why is this picture measuring so well? I dont know.

I have some questions about the Star Trek Universe you create there. Are we still in the Extinction context (Uhura and Spock being married) or dont you build on your great earlier stories? Because Spock prime seems to be alive.

So, I am excited to know how you will go on with this storystart. Maybe i will watch the episode when you finished the story just to look what you have changed .

Have a nice day!
anonymous chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
What this last chapter lacked in angst it CERTAINLY made up for it in the form of a twist! That ending was great! Wasn't expecting it at all! I cannot WAIT to see what is in store for the future! More please!
Milarca chapter 3 . 7/3/2010
Haha, "Captain." "Captain? Riiiiiight..." I love Sulu in command, he's just the last person i ever even thought of as being in command XD but now that you've illustrated it.. I like it. Captain Sulu. I like it. And going to will be interesting :) And please keep going, I don't think this is a bad idea at all ;
T'Paya chapter 2 . 7/3/2010
nice story idea...good start!

so far it could be TOS though...it will be interesting to see where you plan to go from here!
Lilsmartass chapter 2 . 7/3/2010
This is too amazing. This is one of my favourite TOS episodes too and I always thought it would have been more striking if it was darker as it comes within inches of making a proper point about slavery. I love your characterisation:

How will they know where to find us?

I haven't figured that part out yet.

Kirk can't even lie to comfort his friend. Poor Jim...
remerkaba chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
I really like this so far. I was a big TOS fan. I grew up with it and remember this episode well. I have only tried to write the events behind an episode once (It was SG1, not Trek), and that was really hard to keep them doing basically what they did in the series, but add depth to it in a way the actual show couldn't (lack of time and us being in the characters head and all that). I really enjoyed it, but felt it was one of the harder things to write because you have to stay not only in character, but in a basic time and plot framework that is not yours. I think you are doing an amazing job with it. I love you showing us another side of that episode. Do we get to see the Kirk flirting with Green Hair girl too? Things looked like they got fairly intense behind the scenes...

Your writing and characterizations are always wonderful and spot on. I'm excited to see more!
May20 chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
Hey, thanks for your reply! It is sooooo encouraging, hehe. And of course i am excited about this story! I waited for another one with our heroes since you started diamond dogs. And now the time of waiting has an end. Bless you! Drive them to insanity! Especially Spock! Let this story ooze with violence and dirty fights and hurt/comfort!

"Kirk realized that had never actually witnessed Spock using his full force before. The muscles across his back tightened to the point where the definition of each one could be seen clearly even through his blue uniform as he brought the bar up to chest level."

*drooling again*

Oh, my god. Thanks for that scene, haha. I read it about five times. Now I think I have to smoke a cigarette. Although i am not a smoker .

Related to extinction i think this story is a little shallow at the moment but i have no doubt you have some surprises for us. It would not be your style if there wasnt supposed to be some complexities. I have absolute faith in your ability to write and come up with a great storyplot no one could have imagined. Oh, do i put you under pressure? I dont mind! Even the chapters of diamond dogs i read were very complicated and good thought about. So my expectations are high but you made them this way *g*

Now a word to Bones: oh, his conflict was so bitter sweet. I just could imagine his brown stern eyes when he had to watch this boy dye in his arms. So dramatically!

And this Spock-feels-pain-of-the-others-around-him is very interesting and a wonderful paradox. What will be when he fights? is he hurting himself then? I am courious about your solution.

Oh, i am writing an essay here. Hope it will motivate you to write fast. But more next chapter .

May
bookdragon01 chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
Good story - nice use of bits of the original with the new twist.
Milarca chapter 2 . 7/1/2010
That was interesting. I had to watch the episode before reading this because I hadn't seen it before, and now I'm not sure if that was the best idea. Sometimes your imagination is better than what's given to you if know what I mean. But now that I have seen it, I have to say that your version is very similar. I'd kind of like to see something different than whats already been done though. This has more violence, and I'm not sure I want more of that, but more emotionally difficult situations for the trio. I mean, how would they fair pitted against each other, really forced to fight each other? And the gambling of the providers would be neat to hear in the background, and the crews reactions to that. I liked how Spock knew exactly how many laws were being broken and especially how strong he is... I really want to see his physical and emotional strength tested too :) Now *that's* fanservice, if you ask me.
anonymous chapter 2 . 7/1/2010
Aw! I love this story! Please don't think of stopping! I'm absolutely loving all of the Spock angst! That last bit was awesome! Please continue really soon!
May20 chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
yeeehaaa! You are writing another 2009-story! i hoped for this so long and waited until diamond dogs to finish. Thanks! Thanks so much. I dont know TOS very well, so i am excited to know what you have in mind for our heroes. Hurt/Comfort/Angst/Violence? just what i want, just what i need! Write more!

It started so great!

"Why?" McCoy huffed.

"Because I'm Captain, and I said so."

Yeah, thats Jim. I like how you get the characters so well. Spocks answer to jims rhetoric question about what could happen by beaming down to the surface was just as great!

Oh and Bones! He is just himself! "Dont mind me""Not really. I'm a doctor, Jim...I don't kick ass the same way you and Spock do."

Well, he is right, Spock and Jim realy kick ass *lol*. This first fight was exciting *gets a towel (like scotty) to wipe away some drool*

And first chapter but a lot of blood. Poor Spock. You know, I like this kind of stuff. And poor Bones. He is realy not the person to end up in an arena fighting.

Go on writing! I am looking forward. Love your style
Jaiya chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Yeay another one of your stories :) I cant wait to see where this is going
anonymous chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This was awesome! I like the old episode and can't wait to read more of the new rebooted version! Terrific job so far! The more angst the better!
104 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7