Reviews for Beauty And The Beast
Overscore chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
"Meaningless"?! Whaddya mean! This is amazing! It's awesome! And you kinda made me cry a little... But that makes this fic even more awesome!

Sorry, I'm not good at expressing myself and all I'm capable of offering right now is "this is awesome hurr hurr" but I mean it. I really, sincerely mean it. The dialogue, the thoughts you show the characters thinking, all of it makes me wish there was more. But it's short, and really bittersweet. I guess that makes it all the more powerful of a story. ...And you wrote this in 2002...? Man I feel like a baby ._. It must be weird to be getting a review on a fic you wrote more than a decade ago XD

But more people need to read this! It's so good...
Silent Echoes chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
That was so lovely in all the right ways.

I applaud you in being able to capture Freya and Amarant so effectively. Freya's thoughts are so fitting for the situations you've written. The mention that Zidane has perhaps been too forgiving was brilliant. It really called to mind their relationship: fellow warriors and drinking buddies to anyone's eye, but there is a level of caring that goes beyond that.

The last scene, the last line, tugged at my heartstrings. How unfair it is, how completely like life it is, that while Freya was mourning one lover, another would creep into her heart before she even realized it had happened. And then in the end, she has to choose one… and forsake one. Poor Freya. Her life is so tinged with loss.

As for Beauty falling in love with the beast, I really liked that point. It reminded me of a certain book of retold fairy tales (of which there are too many, I know) by Francesca Lia Block. Ever since I read her story, that has stuck with me, and I liked your story all the more because you made that point.

I love stories that bring me to anguish (what does that say about me, I wonder…). This was a pleasure to read, even achingly so.
Hawke Brown chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
I am a huge Freya fan this fanfic, in Freya's point of view is a new thing yet completly satisfying the story is pretty smart and displays Freya as more sexy than she already is. Though I think that a fanfic including Freya have sexual relations with Zidane to make up for lost time with Sir Fratly. Keep writing
Hawke Brown chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Sorelliena chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
You are one of the ten fanfic writing people on that write Final Fantasy stuff that acutally makes me feel so giddy and satisfied I could eat a whole tub of mango ice slush in five minutes and not notice the brainfreeze.

...Congratulations :D
Spoons1899 chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Aw, now this is definately one of my favorite Amarant/Freya stories, I just wish there was a happier ending! I mean, after all that sweet stuff at the beginning. . . well I guess the whole thing is bittersweet. Anyway, this is really good. You've got a great style. Keep it up! :)
sawachika chapter 1 . 1/7/2005
I swear I reviewed this but I guess I didn't. I read this story a while ago and it's still very touching. What can I say? It makes people giddy with delight. I hope you continue that other story soon. Your writing is so damn witty I want to steal it :x
kash30032000 chapter 1 . 11/28/2004
That was so sad and sweet. I can't believe she stayed with Fratley, a guy who don't remember her. And if I were Amarant, I would be insulted if somebody called me "Beast".
Demiurgic Pseudonym chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Great song to reference. In case anyone in the Shrek generation doesn't know, Wainwright's song is actually a cover of a Leonard Cohen original. Wainwright's version is better though. Leonard Cohen always sounds like a nearly dead moose singing into a mic with way too much reverb. But everyone must check it out even still, because musical roots are IMPORTANT!
Rhyiat chapter 1 . 8/23/2004
...adorable, if you can use that word in a fic with Amarant of all people. Man, I love how you write Freya. ..so good.
Tanzy Morrow chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
The last line just sums up all the beautiful bittersweet potential, doesn't it? Deceptively complicated and deliciously heart-wrenching. Brave idiots.
jeanie chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
I really liked this.. although it was sad..
Shian chapter 1 . 7/28/2003
Very sad. The ending kinda sucked . . . :P
Fate VII chapter 1 . 4/11/2003
Freya was always too good for Fratley. Mwee.
Amanda Swiftgold chapter 1 . 10/17/2002
Ooh. That's just beautiful. I'd go on, but I'd feel like an idiot explaining the obvious. So much meaning there in a few words...