Reviews for The Booth in the Birch
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 27 . 3/16/2012
Poor Seeley. Love it looking forward to more
inactiveuser103939101303129 chapter 25 . 6/28/2011
This is so Ailid. Good. You can capture characters perfectly. Al should really try painting. It's calming. Especially when you paint the ocean.
Guest chapter 23 . 5/14/2011
Oh seeley... perfect
Diko chapter 23 . 5/11/2011
Interesting chapter to say the least o.O. Umm not to be a pita but uhhh who is Insert name here Demming? Are we suppose to give him any name we want? P Teehee gotta love your own editing marks right? Can't wait to see the paternity results.
Diko chapter 19 . 3/14/2011
Good story line. Lots of drama can't wait for next chapter
suki chapter 18 . 3/10/2011
I love how you detail the process of Paige dying. Day by day. Not

that her dying is a good thing, just-watching how Booth reacts

with his mom's appearance and the ensuing days of their acquaint-

ance. You do a good job with outling Alices shocking introduction

into the new Booth lives. I do believe a relayed reaction to all

the new emotions is very realistic. Too much too soon.

I'm also very inquisitive to the question "Will Booth become

Alies new guardian"? That is a handful of circumstances and

emotions for you to create in Booth. Hope you do a good job with that. Keep up the good job!
Paw Print Pajamas chapter 17 . 2/27/2011
I really like this but maybe you should clean it up a bit. A few chapters ago you used ammonia (a cleaning agent) where you should have used pneumonia. Also you have a tendency to drop or add letters to words.
SquintytotheBone chapter 17 . 2/27/2011
Woot woo! Ha I'm so happy with this chapter :) loved the flashback variation btw
SquintytotheBone chapter 16 . 2/14/2011
Hmm I like the story but I definitely find the crime stuff more interesting. I wanna know more about kiera and the serial killer. Ailis is kind of overwhelming at the moment and every other character has disappeared for the most part.
alltin chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Mae chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
I love this story (just read it all at once, hahaha) but I think it's getting a little slow; you have a ton of mental angst going on that's really interesting, but not much in the way of action. One thing I would advise is to stop making everyone act so perfect and be so understanding. Booth is going to push too hard at some point; it's part of his character. Let him and see how Ailis deals. It could bring in some new life.

Good luck! I'll be reading!
leoshunny1985 chapter 14 . 1/26/2011
love it
Lillipip chapter 10 . 11/19/2010
I remember the first version of your story and I have to say that you improved it a lot! I really like its Booth-Centeredness (if this word even exists ;) )

I just think that Booth is a little too fast with taking back his mother without question. Jared was protected by Seeley so he hadn't had it as bad, and I can see him liking his mother immediately, but Seeley got through so much anger from his father that he should be angry with his mother, at least a little bit even if she is sick. He doesn't really know her that well because she left!

She left him there without help or any idea what to do about his father who also was abusive toward him! How would you react if you had to fill his shoes?

He eats the dough from the snickerdoodles just like when he was a kid, but he is not! He is a grown man and lets a lot slip by but he has to vent his anger somewhere.

I would also like to read some backflashes about his childhood but I just have to wait an see, right :)

I loved Sweets in your story because he is so nosey and blunt like in the series. I can definately see him asking Booth about his anger issues again :)

Ailis is great in character for my liking. No kid would just run to their uncles and be happy about it because she doesn't know them, at all. She never new she had uncles and she seems to me like she can stand on her own two feet and is very realistic with things, so... I like her!

Anyway, the review got a little bit too long... Good story so far and I can't wait for another chapter!
GCatsPjs chapter 10 . 11/18/2010
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

Interesting story, though I often find it difficult to follow who is saying what. Also, some of the characterization seems a bit off, but keep plugging away. Practice makes perfect. Good luck.
leoshunny1985 chapter 10 . 11/18/2010