Reviews for Curiouser and Curiouser
RleFay chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Oh I love this story already!

Okay the Ron issue; here is my reasoning for them being friends. Ron needs someone who can give him a boost or a kick in the pants to lift up his self-esteem. Harry needs someone to teach him about the magical world, which that's what Ron did in the very beginning anyway. I never said Harry only friends had to be Ron and Hermione, but I don't think this different Harry wouldn't be friends with Ron. I mean that's just snobbery. I hope Neville is one of his friends too he's a good guy.

Okay I'm sorry I'm being a pain, but Ron is my favorite character. I love him, and his whole family!
WaxWings chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
I am happy to see this sequel.
Sar-kaz-m chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Yay! The sequel begins! (does happy dance of glee)

Abby as a witch... OK, that's both a funny cameo and SO APPROPRIATE and ... sorry, sliding sideways into commentary about another fandom there. (And a Primeval/HP fic in my brain already)

I liked the establishment of everything here.

I'd put the Wizarding World entrance somewhere on Houston Street (the line between Soho and Greenwich Village) right by NYU. OH and they pronounce it House-ton for some reason... Maybe one of those below-the-street diner/pubs with a Cauldron'esque feel.

Anyway, YAY again.

Cheers,

CK
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
a fantastic start! i can't wait for the next chapter
Goldenfightergirl chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
well i can't wait till your next chapter. Maybe you could do something with that big skating rink with that gold statue in new york lol
Winters of Despair chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Score!

I'm already loving it! :) I like how this particular immersion into the wizarding world is starting with Gringotts. While not uncommon, I think what you have in store for us will definitely be unique.

Alas, I've never been to New York either. So I cannot help you. (I will agree with aisling13 though, not a pub please. The ideas about shopping malls seem good.) Good luck!
techiyona chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Yay, the first chapter's up! *does a happy dance*

Re: where the entrance should be... I've been to NY, but I think I was 12 at the time. I remember very little except that:

1. Yankee Stadium was very dirty (compared to the others I've seen)

2. One city block is approximately 100 paces (for a 12-year old)

3. NO ONE pays attention to the crosswalk signs

4. Everything is really tiny and cramped there, unless it's expensive, in which case there is plenty of room. The hotel bathroom was itty-bitty.

5. Sidewalks are crowded, even at night (in certain places).

I'd suggest a semi-historical place so it would have existed for a long time. Preferably not a pub :)
Tera Earth chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
A place for the wizarding world. Well seeing as how they are in New York where you can get away with just about anything...what about SoHo? Or maybe a secret entrance hidden inside Belvedere Castle? In New York...why not hide in plain sight? Like a shopping district where people commonly wear eccentric and new fashions?

Too bad we know more about Hatter and Harry's connection than they do. But I guess thats all in the story.

Honestly though...I never knew where exactly Alice is said to have taken place. And New York did not come to mind right off the bat. I would have thought maybe Philadelphia, Boston or Chicago. But since it appears we are going with the New York placement...my money is on SoHo.
cflat chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
Good start. Abby seems nice (though I'm kinda curious as to what her last name is).

As for an entrance to the Wizarding World in New York, how about having an entrance in a (Muggle) mall? I've never been to New York either.
204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14