Reviews for Letters
L's Cappuccino chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
Awww! Now that was adorable!
alynawatlovers chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Gotta love Dom, and gotta love Meathead. :) It's cute! :D
written.fiction.addiction chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I love this! It's cute, warm, and fluffy; but not nauseatingly so. There are a few mistakes here and there, but who cares. Overall the story's solid and it makes me feel giggly when reading it. Well done.
Kitaliah chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
Seeing as this was posted roughly about 3 years ago, I really don't have any critisism.

Actually, I really like it. :D

lol. cute
star dazl chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
my one thought more
Rockstar with a Vendetta chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Well-written, though with a couple grammar mistakes, mostly just with a lack of commas.

"Alright, so that last part might have been a bit of a warning, but it was still good advice."

That quote made me giggle; you know that was totally a warning! :D

You did not get the ages quite right - at the beginning of Squire, Dom is being described as being in his early twenties, while Neal is eighteen; there's no way he can be only fifteen months older than Neal. There is a multi-year difference between them, at least.

I also don't see how he could have been in love with her for four years before they first met. The only time he even saw her was when he bet on her staying on Peachblossom when she was ten. If he's been in love with her since then, when she was ten and he was older than Neal's fifteen - by your math, that will make Dom seventeen - then that's seriously creepy.

I think it's a little odd that Dom would contact Kel's parents before even talking to her. His parents, I understand, but not hers.

You also fell into the unfortunate trap that basically all K/D authors fall into - an abrupt happy ending in which Kel is totally out of character and they just smooch and everything is okay. There's little buildup, no talking, just...they're magically in love. Kel and Cleon courted for several years, and they never used the word "love," so I can't see controlled, disciplined Kel just blurting out feelings so easily and quickly.

Despite my criticism, this was a solid read - it wasn't sickeningly fluffy or poorly written, as so much fic on FF.N is. Neal was lovely, and well-portrayed. I liked that he was protective of Kel without being totally nutty about it. Nicely done!