Reviews for Close to Where You Are
lost in a musical daydream chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Fucking amazing.
DGfleetfox chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
It was certainly a pleasant and appreciated surprise to find this sequel, I like seeing things from the Puck POV :) Nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
This is fantastic!
electrictwizist chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Puckleberry sighs. One of the many things I will never forgive Glee for, besides everything, is all the missed opportunities like Rachel and Noah, and the Shelby/Noah thing made my heart break.
debbieja chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Really enjoyed this! I love that they made the decision to really be together. And the image of drunk Rachel telling off her haters. Very nicely done.
Lov2-Travel chapter 1 . 4/12/2011
Enjoyed the hell out of this story! Loved it:))

elle
cherry blossoms and peach chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
I gotta admit, I cried a little. This was amazing! Just breathtaking!
Murgy31 chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
That was great!
Mariiie-Mars chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
I loved it!
Mineral-Soul-Bottle chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
"He is awesome at this teaching thing." Oh he most definitely is!

I think I love the pacing of this. It's so exact and beautiful and smooth that I didn't feel the need to stop once. And every time I thought things were going implausibly good, you delivered. And by the end I'm ready for the gooie stuff. Like, seriously excellent fic. The characterization is my favorite part I think. Your Puck is a pleasure to read (to me at least) and I find the way you show how smitten he is adorkably awesome. I think that has always been the appeal of this pairing too. That in Puck's mind it's Psychotic Rachel Sexy Crazy instead of whatever fuzziness lives in Finn's mind(He likes bossy women...?)

Anyway: This fic is amazing.
PixieTrix09 chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
Good! :D
Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
I'm 22 and life sucks! I'm glad Puck and Rachel have it better. ;D Great job! I love this piece even more!
bantam-shine chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
*flails forever* AMAZING Puck POV & installment in this universe! I literally LOL'd at his summary of Les Miz. Thoroughly enjoyed Rachel telling off everyone at Schue & Emma's wedding. The post-breakup make-up scene at the end was perfect, as well.
metaphor chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
After I read "Surprises," I was kind of curious about what I'd said about this fic, and I thought I'd look back on my review. Imagine my bafflement to find that I apparently hadn't left one, when I was so sure I had!

I've read and reread this story a handful of times. I found grown up Puck quite fascinating in "Dreams, Disasters, and Everything In Between," so it was wonderful to gain some insight on his thoughts, not only on his relationship with Rachel, but on his life as a whole. Teacher!Puck really amused me, though my favorite moment was (natch) the one he shared with Megan. The undefined-ness of his relationship with Rachel earlier on worked for me. I really liked this whole bit:

'Every time he sees her, he gets a little bit more confused, and he hates that. He knows he's not into defining her or them or whatever, but it's hard when every time he's with her for like five minutes, she feels way more like a girlfriend than a friend. And then after spending multiple days and even weeks with her, he starts forgetting that she's not. His girlfriend.

But he can't do that. Like literally can't. The second she becomes his girlfriend is the second he'll lose her for real. Because he can't deal with all that distance and having no chance of release. He'll fuck somebody else and break her heart, and then she'll end up hating him. He'd rather just not have her officially than not have her at all.'

I enjoyed the set-up of their return to Lima, the way Puck could read Rachel's voice and the way he acknowledged to himself that she had his balls in a vice grip. Hee. I loved his hating to take up for Finn but doing so because he didn't want Rachel to be sad. I was thrilled when Rachel said she didn't have everything because she didn't have him.

Puck's thoughts about Rent and Les Miz slayed me. And their big fight? It hurt my heart, but at the same time, it's a part I love rereading because of the wealth of *feeling* in it. His going to see her show, the pain she poured into her role, his coming back to their apartment to find her strumming his guitar, their playing a song together, his confession of love... gah. All of it, I simply adored.

I'm such a sucker for the way you write these two. I know you've *just* posted a new story, but I'm already crossing my fingers that the P/R bug hasn't left you yet.

Thanks for this.
maipigen chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Wow. I totally am in love with this two part story. I wish there were more though:)

Anyway, great set up and I loved that you chose to do it from both of their pov's

Happy future writing