Reviews for Wear and Tear
nina chapter 2 . 12/23/2014
It's "sagesse" not sagasse.
Fireminer chapter 6 . 3/12/2014
You always have to end it with Yaoi - or Yuri this time, do you?

And beside, even Zero forget about Iris, but still remember X.
Fireminer chapter 4 . 3/4/2014
Putting a serious ideal in a light setting. Interesting.
Fireminer chapter 3 . 2/27/2014
Then how would you explain Mavericks that were caused by Cyber Elves? Maybe because the Elves are sentinel and self-evolution existance?
Fireminer chapter 7 . 2/22/2014
Poor X. Wonder how would he think of this as a Cyber Elf.

And lucky me. At least it isn't a Yaoi chapter.
Hoenn Master96 chapter 6 . 8/31/2013
I have been reading this story for a very long time: And every time I look at it, I find new ideas floating around in my head for Megaman X fiction, as well as my own life.

In your stories, I can't help but want to repair the all too realistic pain of too long a life, and the regrets of both X and Zero. I want so desperately to give Zero the happiness he has deserved yet been denied for far too long, and I want X to be able to live peacefully once again.

Still, whenever I see the lines of this fiction, I can't help but renew my ambition to make things right in my own head-canon, if only to say for myself that I corrected Zero and X's plight in my own mind. Still canon events are canon events, and nothing I can do will change that fact: Zero and X are doomed to watch the world burn repeatedly, and there is nothing they can do to stop that fact from changing.

This is the only fan-fiction I've ever read that has given me such intense feelings for my first fandom, and continues to guide my planning of some kind of rewrite of the events that scream unjust to me. I thank you for adding this beautiful interpretation of Zero's character to this already extremely potent mixture of contemplations.

Signed: Hoenn Master, forever a patriot.
Afalstein chapter 6 . 8/30/2013
Well, that was pretty long. A bit more canon than most of your stuff, too, usually you go for a behind-the-scenes thing. Still, not bad. Zero's introspection dragged on a bit, but it was interesting to get a glimpse into his head-how he doesn't feel anything and realizes he should. Nice bits about Sigma, too-it is a shame what happened to him, and it makes sense that Zero would feel guilty about it.
Hoenn Master96 chapter 5 . 6/15/2012
Wow... I never even thought that I would see a good Megaman X theory series... THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE! Truth be told, I am a fan of Axl and Cinnamon too, seeing as they are about the same mental age and whatnot. But... As well done as this is, I can only feel depressed at the reality of the situation; Megaman is dead, Zero will never (canonically) find love, and X is damned to live a life of depression until the end of time...

Signed: Hoenn Master, forever a patriot.
Anmynous chapter 5 . 8/21/2011
I had a lot of thoughts reading this fic, but mostly it was about characters and story (which was well made and other more constructive things), until the A/N at the end of this chapter. Specifically, the suffering circuit in real life part.

Once, I wondered why it was people got so attached to fictional characters that they'd not only cry while reading a sad story (which I can understand and do), but hate the writers and call them names for killing off some character... so I decided to make myself care.

It took a bit of thinking in ways I don't normally do, and convincing myself that he was really permanently gone forever (it was Zero for the record, but that's not really relevant), but I eventually found myself tearing up and being genuinely depressed. After a week or so the effect had worn off completely, and I looked back and felt a bit freaked out.

I never felt all that emotional about distant tragedies and horrors heard over news, and wondered if my mom and others were just going through the motions because society dictates it. You could say I cared on an intellectual level (like you say, the distant people not being any of my 20-30 "tribe-mates") and wouldn't want such things to happen, but...

After that experiment on myself, I worried about feeling anything for such mentioned distant events, because how could I know what was me really caring and what was me just temporarily convincing myself that I cared? It seemed like an awfully calculating thing to do, caring about people you never knew, and in a sense didn't _really_ care about...

Nowadays I think that caring is caring, and while I still don't feel immediately emotional over distant events, I feel a bit bad about it because I know I can, and other people do - but I choose not to, because being sad is debilitating and hinders my productivity, and it doesn't really help them if I am anyway. In a way I guess I do care more, but only on an intellectual level.

On that note of worrying about doing the right thing, I thought that was what the 'suffering circuit' did - it wasn't about empathy, it was about worrying if you were doing the right thing or not, and to try and see things from another perspective. The classic robots certainly never did the latter, while X does it all the time, what with not wanting to kill mavericks. But perhaps it amounts to the same thing...
Linkaria chapter 3 . 6/16/2011
Love these. I had teary eyes reading them. Thanks a lot for writing such a wonderful piece!
MungoJerry chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Twist: Marino becomes Harpuia. I'M CALLING IT.

...I kid. Sort of. HEHEH.
HarunaRei chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
I love your Mega Man muses. Just saying.

Axl's point of view is much less burdened than X or Zero's take on the situation would be. He doesn't feel the responsibility in the same capacity as they do. His emotions are confusing to him, and he's trying to make sense of them. He wonders if he cared about Red and the others, if leaving proved he didn't, when really, it proved the opposite. He probably wasn't thinking it at the time, but he was saving a lot of lives by leaving Red Alert and telling the hunters what happened.

It's hard to come to terms with the existence of true evil, true ill intent, particularly if you yourself never think in those terms. It's very evident that Axl is really struggling with coming to terms with it all. He's not drowning in guilt like Zero or shouldering responsibility like X. A very distinct mindset.

The "suffering circuit" is interesting. Is this something included in the robot masters as well, or was their capacity to empathize instituted differently? Though overall, in your mindverse, they're a lot more empathetic by merit of being able to share mindspace, at least with each other. I was just wondering because the doctors weren't expecting Blues to be a real person, so at least in him, there wouldn't have been a reason for that sort of programming.
notherenothere chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Have I ever told how much I love this fic? Even better,now that you put Axl in it. I love that spiky-haired, gunslinging, shapeshrifting brat. I really think the idea of Zero/Axl NOT caring. It fits my mental image of them.

:D :D :D :D
Afalstein chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Very interesting chapter, though you may want to put that author's note at the end of the chapter rather than the beginning. It ruins a lot of the surprise.

I'm not terribly familiar with X Command Mission or Axl, but this was an intriguing study. Writing from the point of view of a very... detached and yet childlike individual can be difficult, and I think you got that through. Bold decision having Axl badmouth Iris, you may take some heat for that, but it fit well with the character you were building for Axl.

Also: Totally agree on Hearts vs. Heads matter.
Nightgazer13 chapter 4 . 2/19/2011
Just started reading this, and I've gotta say that I absolutely love your interpretation and explanations of X and Zero's inner workings and subsequently the thought processes of Light and Wily as they were in the building process. This latest chapter takes it to a whole new level. I especially like what you've done to Wily's goals and motives.

The only critique I have is that it can occasionally be hard to figure out who's saying what without re-reading a few lines, so you may want to work on clearing that up a bit.

Still excellent work, and I'd love to see more of it. An Iris chapter would definitely be interesting.