Reviews for Antebellum
ReprobaVir chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
I loved it. It makes me sad that we never get to know much about Lu Ten (beyond that he was soldier and very beloved by Iroh), but I can very much see this as being true to his character. And Mai was brilliantly written.

I rather like this pairing, I always enjoy seeing who authors find compatible with Lu Ten (and Mai for that matter!) The only ones that I like are Jun and now, with this story's help, Mai. Great job.
Fireborn101 chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
That's so sad :'( poor little Mai and Lu Ten
xmercurial chapter 1 . 11/27/2012
I like this side of Mai. It seems very innocent and somewhat Twilight-y in the essence :) Good job though.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Lovely
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Lu Ten would not kiss Mai on the lips that young.
saudade do coracao chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Fantastic. Feels like canon.
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
I SHIP.

No, seriously. You've converted me. Although, I guess there wasn't much to convert from, as I didn't really like Mai before I read this. But really. Fantastic piece.

-Dom
Anony-mouse chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
For me this is canon. Seriously, it was wonderful. There's so little known about Lu Ten that people could turn him into anything, and I really liked this version. At first, him and Mai seemed pretty random, but you created such a good story in such a short piece. Plus you made a gignormous age gap somehow non-creepy!
DarkHairedVeela chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
this was the second time i've read this. and I think it got even better. I REALLY liked the age gap, not because i'm a creeper but because it was realistic or at least you made realistic.

Brilliant

i definately favorited this story.
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
This was fabulous... I absolutely adore it! Really, this is such an interesting pairing, it really makes me wonder if this actually happened in canon. Until prove otherwise, I will believe that it is.

I feel like Mai is characterized very well in this, you hit her spot on and that's amazing because she's a hard character to get right, in my opinion.

Poor Lu Ten, really. Now I feel just THAT MUCH worse for him. This was fantastic, really.
broken and forgotten chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
The story was beautiful :)
Static Lull chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
This whole thing is gorgeous and absolutely perfect, and I've seen this on your page a half dozen times and thought 'oh I should read that', and I'm sososo glad I did.

Your characterization is to die for and the wording makes me green with envy.

And ohmagosh the last line was just too perfect and heart-wrenching.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Great work, I love this story.
Aurora Blackwood chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I love this! Everything was done so well, it was like ghostly... kind of like an uspoken past, I guess, if that makes sense.
Moonprincess92 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010