Reviews for Rebecca's Plan
Azurite chapter 4 . 7/25/2010
I'll have you know that I had to let my cereal get soggy while reading this, because I kept discovering new lines in this chapter that threatened to have me laugh so I hard I would either choke or make an awful mess out of my monitor!

I don't know how you do it, but damn if I don't love it: you've got characterization, plot movement, hilarity (so elusive with proper characterization, but done so well from Seto's dry sense of humor, -bordering on caustic, really- and perspective), and sexiness! I hesitate to call it steam or smut, because the humor balances it out just right.

There were two, teeny-tiny things that caught my eye this chapter: Jounouchi's name being shortened to Jou (one of my biggest pet peeves in the YGO-verse, if only because Jounouchi is his surname and not his given name, and no one would ever shorten a surname-make it into a nickname, sure, but not shorten it), and Seto's "trick" in the car-it's brakes, not breaks. A vase breaks, but a car has brakes.

Part of me feels sorry for Anzu, because her opinion of Seto is no doubt improving, if incrementally, while all this is going on, but Seto, between little snippets of "Well, at least she's..." he's actually thinking she's a plebian and unclassy and all of these awful things. The boy's got ridiculous standards! I'd love it if he really did fall hard and fast for her, and realized it before she did-in other words, she made him work for it (without realizing she's doing it). It would just be so terrible if we got plot-follow-through in the sense that Seto would succeed in getting Anzu to love him only for him to dump her-or the truth coming out that he really only did all of it for a bet, to get Mokuba to admit his feelings for Rebecca. Argh! Damn frustrating men.

As always DSF, you know I'll be here whenever you post something new and juicy. And I'll be singing along to the Yu-Gi-Oh cornball soundtrack, too. (You know, Kaiba's actually got some pretty good songs on the various OSTs. Too bad he didn't knock back enough drinks to end up belting out a few. Hey, can we see that!)
danda17 chapter 4 . 7/25/2010
Looooooooove it! This whole story is pure genius!I hope the next chappy comes out soon! )
Ryua Malfoy chapter 4 . 7/25/2010
Lots of sex appeal... awesome. I love how he's falling for her and is stubbornly not noticing.
Peaches20x3 chapter 4 . 7/25/2010
Gosh, you made me laugh this whole story! Setos thoughts about anzu are so amusing but at the same time mean. I love it though!

:D
Tia Smith chapter 4 . 7/25/2010
Oh I just love this story you are a great author,update soooooooon please.
Ariadne Bassarid chapter 4 . 7/24/2010
Ahhh! Love it. You had me at 'I want to see them eat dirt.' ;)
browneyes730 chapter 4 . 7/24/2010
Oh, this chapter was great... specially the end. ;D

I really loved Seto in this; seems more like himself.

As for the duets:

- The one that Tristan and Anzu sang is from Yu-Gi-Oh! "We'll Be There."

- The one that Mokuba and Rebecca sang is called "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in "Shall We Dance."

Youtube helped me with that. LoL.

Thanks for this chapter; I learned a little something about both music and historic art. :)

I really look forward to your next update. :D
Epouvantable chapter 4 . 7/24/2010
Incredible chapter and my favorite chapter ao far. This was so hilarious ("I want to see them eat dirt", "I'm going to have to disown him", "God knew her personality would be intolerable") and still written fantastically. Also I feel the plot is moving is moving along at a good pace while still being plausible. Keep up the great work!
Kitana18 chapter 4 . 7/24/2010
Lol that's funny that he had gotten a hard on. Well this should be very intresting when he really starts to fall for her.
IllyriaVerona chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
D'awww! Mokuba, Rebecca, Anzu, Seto goodness! This certainly is an excellent fic. :)
anavihs chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
Aww! Mokuba's so sweeeet! N in wuv! :) I love the whole devious plan 2 get them to wrk together! (If it IS a devious plan that is) itz GENIUS! And when he was defending her creativity to HER it was so sweet! How can she NOT know? Jeez... Newho, awesome chpt... Scratch that, awesome STORY! Love it! Plz update soon!

Lots of love

sHiV
Azurite chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
I don't know whether to be impressed or slightly revolted that Seto seems to go through energetic women like I have been with tissues today (long-ish story, never mind). It's amazing he remembers all their names and what they did, though: you'd think he's the kind of guy that, once done with someone, doesn't bother with the details anymore, unless it was "filed away for future information in case of betrayal or necessity." Hmmm...

I wonder what's going to cause his change of heart (ha! Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG pun!) with Anzu, considering right now he's just barely tolerating her, and Anzu, wary though she is, seems to be liking him: he seems attentive, interesting, and of course, handsome and successful...

It's hard to say whether the Anzu x Seto plot is really the "A" story or the "B" story, considering it came about as a result of the Mokuba x Rebecca x Yuugi love triangle (of sorts). I'm liking the balance between the two, however it works out. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't always know what to do with Yuugi: he can pair out very easily with several of the female characters (or male, I guess, if you swing that way) or be just fine on his own: its the idea that "everyone HAS to have someone" that bothers me, and I hope Yuugi is grown up enough to accept everyone's decisions in this story...whether it's Anzu's, Seto's, Mokuba's, or even Rebecca's! Poor boy, always getting caught in these big messes...
Havelock Vetinari chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Fascinating. You have Kaiba down perfectly.
Peaches20x3 chapter 3 . 7/17/2010
Very good! Here is one of my fav lines: 'Then he remembered something he'd heard once, that you should never ask a woman to change for you. Now did they mean clothes or personality?'

Hilarious :D

I adore you :D
YumeTakato chapter 3 . 7/16/2010
I enjoyed the chapter, see you next time!
209 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »