Reviews for A Numbered Existence
GeshronTyler chapter 23 . 12/12/2010
Oh, that made for an interesting character piece. I fear the surviving members of Hückebein will certainly look for a target to cause maximum terror and anguish. Or maybe, they'll do something stupid like go after Vivio again. I'm sure Vivio picked up "Wahrheit" for a good reason.

Thanks, read you next time.
Nanya chapter 22 . 12/9/2010
Awww... You killed the Hucks so easily.

There is a reason why tropes are not bad, after all.
Eleventh Messenger chapter 22 . 12/9/2010
I find myself highly amused by, and approving of, this story. An honest to god Macross Missile Massacre to take out one of the most dangerous space ships in the Nanoha universe.

00Idiot is right. He reviewed In The Service and mentioned that Earth needs to make Variable Fighters, and I agree wholeheartedly, as this chapter of Numbered Existence just drove the point home.

In the words of Oliver Twist, "Please Sir. May I have some moar?"
GeshronTyler chapter 20 . 11/30/2010
Hmmm, Scaglietti shows his softer side? Even if his determination to show some qualities of a "real" father (there are enough "real fathers" out there in the real world, who aren't, after all)is true, he's still unfortunately much like good old Hannibal to my mind... If less murderous. P That's an interesting idea, that the "numbers" were designed ultimately to combat Hückebein, and that by virtue of their inherent abilities were also proficient in anti-mage mission profiles. Hmm, since Ginga and Subaru were the "originals", (who made them, I wonder, since their mother was indeed their genetic mother, it must have been done for Regius), and both are Belkan style (as was their mother), that "their" project was based on an Belkan Imperial anti-Hückebein program.
Eleventh Messenger chapter 20 . 11/29/2010
I read chapter 20 first by accident, didn't expect 3 at once. Quickly rectified. Keep 'em coming please!
Nanya chapter 20 . 11/29/2010
Wow... That was... Pretty nice. *nods* I liked how Sette has changed and grown during the course of this story, and how even Jail's changed and been affected by things.

Good job. Very good job.
Jumper Prime chapter 18 . 11/28/2010
Poor Vivio, now that she's in possession of an Armed Device that would only allow itself to be wielded by the Sankt Kaiser, she's NEVER going to be able to get people to stop calling her "Your Majesty." :)

Hmmm. I wonder if she'll get some sword lessons from Signum. Despite Signum's reluctance to teach, I can't think of anyone better to teach Vivio to wield a sword in concert with Belkan-style magic.
GeshronTyler chapter 19 . 11/28/2010
Starting "Forces" early? Or has the "NB" affair just stirred things up early... With the TSAB already on a war footing, and perhaps ready to accept mass-based weaponry, or at least "mass effect" weaponry, Huckebein may find themselves on the defensive soon, as the TSAB won't want be dealing with distractions when they've got a _real_ enemy on their hands. _
Atlan chapter 18 . 11/27/2010
Oh wow.

You know, I'm not the sort of person who usually leaves reviews. Either I can't stand a fic, so I leave it behind and forget about it, or it's really good and there's no constructive critizim I can leave. (And reviews like 'I love it! Update more!' always seem kinda pointless.) So despite having read this fic since it started, this is my first review.

But then again, it is one hell of a chapter.

You've always had a good (if origional) handle on the Woltenriger and the Combat Cyborgs, and this chapter is no exception to that. But I've never seen Vivio treated like you just did- and I like it.

Looking foward to more Vivio. (and more story in general)
vernaides chapter 18 . 11/27/2010
Two things spoil an otherwise good chapter:

1. The location of Belka, like the fabled Al Hazard, was lost after its fall.

2. Huckebeins don't go down that easily, if Cypha is any indication. If killing them were that easy, Signum wouldn't be in the hospital.

On the other hand, I really hate those mass-murdering Huckebeins, so seeing one of them go down may provide a little satisfaction.
AluciusDawn chapter 18 . 11/27/2010
Yo, NGTM-R! (What does that mean anyway?) Glad to see your high quality characterization extends to your other stories as well. (Still like In the Service the best though) This whole thing is very interesting to me. It's fascinating to see the in depth look at the personalities and interactions of the cyborgs, both with each other and with others.

I find it interesting that you have linked it to your other work and are heading into Force territory at the same time. How will that work, I wonder? Also like Vivio with a sword. Fisticuffs just doesn't feel right to me, doesn't fit the Belkan MO.

I will admit I disagree with you on some topics (as I do with almost every story out there admittedly) but they are mostly accessory to the story and I am trying to stop myself from bugging people over unimportant things. (Though I'm pretty sure Belka is gone. Ok, ok I'll stop. :)

I am curious as to how you will portray Huckebein and Touma. (if you bother with him at all, alot of people seem to dislike him) They seem to be less durable, that's for certain.

Anyhow, keep up the good work!

AluciusDawn
Nanya chapter 18 . 11/27/2010
Oh dear, poor Sein.

But, heh, guess you're of the opinion (like myself) that Jail created the cyborgs to fight the Huckubein.

Man, wouldn't THAT be a kick in the pants if it turned out to be true?
GeshronTyler chapter 17 . 11/27/2010
Amusing. _ Though the simulation scenario isn't... I do wonder what the reaction of the "NeoWolkenritter/NeoBelkans" might be to Vivio, as Sankt Kaiser. I've had this fanon concept that the "Book of the Night Sky" and it's master was supposed to be an official register of all mages and their spells for the imperial government (one of the 3 main kingdoms of Belka), that went rogue, so it could have been possible for their to be a connection between Vivio and it. Or Einhart, or Ixpellia.
GeshronTyler chapter 18 . 11/27/2010
Vivio is going to be thrown into the thick of things, isn't she? If she were a (well, I guess she _is_ P) a heroic spirit, she'd be Saber, of course. _ This version of Vivio might have some interesting conversations with Einhart Stratos. Hmm, might some of the numbers also have connections to a previous existance as royal guards?
Nanya chapter 17 . 11/22/2010
*Laughs* Ha ha ha! The ending was pretty funny.
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »