Reviews for A Numbered Existence
Crosswood chapter 4 . 7/6/2010
Wow! What great character studies - the numbers are extremely complex individuals, and you've certainly captured that nicely. Even in the Anime they all seemed to blurr together at times, and it’s nice to see clear and coherent differences between them all.

I sympathise with your difficulty in writing Quattro - I don’t think any fan of Strikers would disagree with you that she is clearly insane. Good on you for having a punt, even if it clearly made you uncomfortable (the fact that trying to think like a crazy evil person clearly made you uncomfortable is a credit to yourself as a person anyway).

I especially enjoyed (Is that the right word? ‘Admired’ perhaps) the final character study – Tre’s. Sette’s wee section was probably (in technical terms) written the best, but Tre’s motivations were infinitely easier to relate to! (Although I don’t think you have any problems on the technical side anyway – these are very cleverly written.)

Thanks for writing these – I notice you haven’t got many reviews, but I don’t think this means people aren’t reading and appreciating this piece! It’s just far easier to write reviews about fluffy stories than it is about shrewdly written descriptions.

Again, thanks.
Sunder the Gold chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
Excellent thoughts, excellent work. I would look forward to the others, except that I imagine Tre might not care that her father would have let her die, and I have no desire to see into Quatro's twisted mind. Or Scaglietti's either.

I recall reading that Sette chose to go to prison because Tre did, and Sette was loyal to Tre. If this is true, little of it shows up in your first chapter, save that her "meditations" began with her rather than herself or anyone else, and that Sette is bothered by the thought of Tre or Uno being murdered and then improperly resurrected.
Megaolix chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
Just a note to your reply first: Thanks for reminding of that element I forgot. Still, one has to wonder what will happen to her mind if she spends all her time hating.

As for this chapter... I can't help but think you'll write something after you're done with the Numbers in prison. So far, I see a blade in the front and a knife in the back waiting for Jail and Quattro. Given your other Nanoha fic, I'm pretty sure you'll have some sort of epilogue for this. Am i wrong?

Then again, Jail could also expect his girls to be quite... displeased with him.
Megaolix chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
That was interesting. But it does make me wonder why she didn't take the rehabilitation, since she also know it's the only way out. It's not like she has a real reason to stay now. Or perhaps it's just a matter of time and she just needs to finish thinking about this (and that part will be briefly viewed in others parts maybe?).

Considering it's not marked complete, I can assume we're going to see more with others Numbers? I'll be waiting for future chapters then.

Anyway, nice work.