Reviews for Top Five
louboutinlove chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
This was nine kinds of wonderful. I specially loved their banter at the end, so witty and funny and sarcastic. I was LMAO at: "Watching you become a humanitarian was nauseating." It was perfect and something she so would say, because us girls like our Chuck Bass pervy, snarky, smug and morally bankrupt. At least this girl. Anyway, awesome and funny.
JuseaPeterson chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I loved this story. I love how you had those five breakups, and they were all with Blair. His thoughts on them were perfect and fitting, I could feel the emotion as I read it. I loved the conversation between them in the end. I also do like how you didn't have Eva be just a nobody, but that she was nice, since apparently Chuck has real feelings for her. But anyways, I like how you handled it, and the way it ended.
Guardian Izz chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
"I might try to marry you." ... whether you like it or not...

I just wanted to add that, and then two lines bellow you did that yourself!

This may come as a shock to you, but I LOVED this story!

there is nothing I have to say other than that!

okay that was a lie... I just wanted to add that I wouldn't mind if his prposal came as a surprise to her, rather than her knowing about it, but it'd be sort of similar to this last scene anyway. And then he would chose a night to get her DRUNK, fly her off to Vegas and before she knows it she's either in a chapel or even better... on a boat somewhere being wed by a captain with only a poor Eric as a witness. now that would be a great season 4 finale! Eric being dragged along as an accomplice, reluctant but owing Chuck after C helped him with some problem maybe.

And then season 5 starts of with poor Blair waking up somewhere in a five star hotel honeymoon suite with naked Chuck spooning her, both of them with unmistakable rings on their left ring fingers! I can just see it now: everyone wondering where the trio is and Eric talking on the phone, saying he has a surprize in store for Serena, and then the camera switches onto Blair who is just waking up.

Naturally she would be furious, basically he lured her into marriage before she even became legal to buy alcohol and also he robbed her of the dream of her big society wedding being her first and only one.

Imagine poor Blair being furious and demanding an annulment, but he just streches his arms, saying "honey, it's already consummated, that ship has sailed... breakfast?" and asks if she wants to order in from roomservice. I would love for the half of season 5 to be about Blair trying to get a divorce and Chuck refusing to give her one. Naturally, her secret would come out, as Chuck Bass loves to claim his territory/her and her mother would press for yet another ceremony...

poor Blair, but then in the second half of season 5 she would give in and we would have a happily ever after ending, with a little twist naturally, them fighting about her last name.

See I always imagined that Chuck is a traditionalist and would want her to take his last name, but seeing as she is the only child and heir of the Waldorf line, she would probably go with a hyphen - hence yet ANOTHER game of chess... though I kinda almost hope Chuck would win this one.

Sorry for the ramble, but this was a great mood swinger. Great story and I LOVED the Chuck in this story. And I also liked Blair.

Only despite not planning on watching anymore I hope that the GF will not last longer than a few weeks (otherwise that would still count as a technical relationship and we can't have that - Blair is his one and only)

And I wish his proposal would come as a shock and scare her off a bit, I mean they are barely out of their teens and he wants marriage? after the hell he put her through? and then the GF/ Lord Marcus 2.0 plot LOL

You gotta admit that's a scary thought, I mean if Blair learnt something over the years is that Chuck has her pegged as "his", so I think she would realize that UES or not, there would be no question of a divorce in any case! In fact I can imagine them arguing about a pre-nup... her wanting onewith a clause about infidelity costing him billions, and him telling her they don't need one, seeing as he would kill her before divorcing her. (I got this line from the TV show "Entourage", the agent Ari talking about his wife: "I would kill my wife before I'd give her a divorce!" he reminds me of chuck in a way.)
svenjen chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Awesome!
LetMeIn1812 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I really loved the way Chuck counted the minutes and seconds of the limo night... :)

So perfect and how he "did the unethical thing that his morally bankrupt mind urged him to do" I can see Chuck thinking that and also the way he knew it would happen anyway no matter if, but when.

I really loved how Chuck realized his plan of Dorota's wedding was just too logical to work, and how he was almost believing that she didn't love him any longer, but only almost.

05/17/10- heartbreaking... and really honest with the line "He would love her until his last breath" perfection.

I loved the ending scene "She wished that she didn't find it so damn adorable.

But she was still mad at him." I loved that part of Blair's thoughts!

"Watching you become a humanitarian was nauseating." So true and so was "I would be dating a Humphrey" LOL! That is not their thing. :)

And I love the idea of him having to work for it somemore ;)
somethingoftheunknown chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
I love the story. No, I LOVE THE STORY! (that's better).

Even if I love DB (haters, anyone?)

I'm still Chair whenever I watch the show. (people might think I hate chair because of my stories, but I don't. And I've been showing my love for chuck in my last two stories)

Anyways... I seriously love your writing and I know this is how I want Chuck and Blair to get back together. (because they seriously need to already)
TriGemini chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Again, this was excellent to read.

I can almost believe that this could happen.

After all, just because Chuck was with Eva; it's possible that she would able to see through him, enough to realize that he was still in love with Blair.

At least, let's hope that Eva is smart enough, to see that who Chuck really belongs with is Blair. And of course, let's hope that Chuck is smart to realize, that he still belongs with Blair, and that he's willing to prove it, no matter what.

Enjoyed this, a lot.
PacificRomance chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
love. pure and simple.

as soon as I read the dates for the last break-up, I teared up. ugh. the finale. ugh. I can't handle it, poor Chuck. just the saddest thing.

but i liked this. It was really great.
READER120 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
OMG plz go tell josh and stephanie to read this because THIS is how chuck and blair should get back together it was amazing seriously u should write for gossip girl
fouzia269 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Hi! that really good! thank you for your story!
wrighthangal chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
LOL...I liked it.
Chairforever chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This is too cute!
thegoodgossipgirl chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
"He was going to marry her whether she liked it or not."

Hilarious!

A great read. Really made sense of the whole Eva thing. And it was nice to get an insight of each breakup.
tversky chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Um, as per usual - I loved it.

This part killed me:

"I wasn't trying to make you jealous," he uttered. "I was trying to..."

"Be a better person," Blair rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I don't care."

He looked back into her face and he knew the exact reason why he could never love anyone else. She was caviler and she was blasé and she was meant for him.

***************************************************************

I loved that soooo much: "Yeah, I don't care."

Ha! Chuck isn't just unintimidated by Blair's snarkiness and blasé attitude - he flat out ADORES those qualities.

That's what makes these two perfect for one another: They don't love each other inspite of their flaws and personality attributes that irritate or put off other people, they love each other BECAUSE of those qualities. Chuckles will learn that next season when Blair is unimpressed with his New Man schtick.

I also loved how beautifully you captured Chuck's feelings in those first breakups. He's so confused by the notion of these strong emotions. Emotions are so foreign to him. Aww.

Lastly, I loved how you captured Blair's voice at the end of the fic: So beautifully snarky and cocky. Just like he loves her. *sigh* Great job as usual
JNYC chapter 1 . 7/1/2010