Reviews for Kisara's Story, Take Two
DragonHeart64 chapter 2 . 8/31/2010
Oh this is awesome! OK, I admit that I haven't read your original story yet, but I love how Seth saved her from the storm just like her saved her from the traders and the people stoning her in the series! I really loved how you made her like an actual street rat who is wary and cautious around others. Ooo, looks like Atem could end up falling for her, but I really hope that she'll take Seth's advice and be cautious around Isis and Atem. I look forward to reading more!
HopelessRomantic183 chapter 2 . 7/14/2010
I liked the way that you introduced Kisara to Atem in this version. I think that it was much better than the last time and her reaction to flee was completely believable. I also found Isis' suggestion to make Kisara into a mage or priestess a very refreshing change from how she was previously! It will certainly give Kisara an edge if she can learn to use her Ka to defend herself. It would definitely be a step up from how defenseless she was in the first draft. I loved how Kisara is already so concerned for Seth and I especially liked how she identified with Seth this time rather than with Atem! The whole bonding moment between the two was spectacular, hopefully Kisara will heed Seth's warning and tread cautiously around Isis and possibly Atem. You have completely gone above and beyond your last story already and I am just full of anticipation to read more!
Mamoru4ever chapter 2 . 7/14/2010
haha I very much love Kisara's reaction to finding out she was in Pharaoh's presence, that was very believable! AW! Seth and her are getting closer! Well, through my fan-girl goggles they are! Damn, this rewrite just gets better and better! XD
Mamoru4ever chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Oh my god, I love this! I just finished the other one and I absolutely loved it, but the rewrite you're doing here is fantastic! Seth saved her, so it would make more sense about his feelings for her. To me, Isis seems like the puppeteer here if that make any sense at all. Anyways, I love this story and I really hope you update soon! It looks great so far and I really wanna see how you re-work it XD
finete chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
this is beautiful!
NitratesTrot chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
i love this re-interpretation. kisara seems so much more in-character, and your writing has improved by leaps and bounds. please continue this! i would love to see what happens next!
biskittins chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
this was such an awesome fic! i loved your retelling...absolutely can't wait to see what happens. -adored- kisara in yugioh...it's always nice when someone can write her so well. keep updating! :D
Gweniveve Skyes chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Such a contrast between the two stories and I must say that I like the second version better already XD. For a while now, the character Kisara has always intrigued me, and you're off to a good start(I also like Book of Apophis too XD). The blend of ancient Egypt and the Yu-Gi-Oh universe is well done too (with me, research is always necessary when working with ancient Egypt) One slight question though; with the mention of Ptah's temple, you refer to him as the 'great caller of the earth'. The description is a little confusing and also Ptah is known as the patron god of craftsman, builders, and architects. On the other hand, the description of the palace is well thought out as well. Commoners were not allowed to actually be in the inner recesses of the temples, so priests had to come out to them, as you mentioned in the chapter. All in all, it's an excellent start and I eagerly await the next chapter!

Gwen
HopelessRomantic183 chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Wow, this is such a difference from the first story. In that one Kisara just seems like a poor, semi-stubborn, inhabitant of the town whom is able to see help from a few close friends if necessary, but does not like to ask for said help constantly. In this rewrite she actually seems like a beggar who is accustomed to a hard life of living on the streets. i also loved how you made Seth into Kisara's rescuer instead of just having him meet her after she wanders into the temple! Its too bad that Isis seems to want to get the pharaoh together with Kisara, especially if she already knows that Kisara will pretty much end up just liking Atem and loving Seth. Oh well, that's how the story goes and it really wouldn't be as interesting without that little twist anyhow. I didn't think it was possible, but I think that I am loving the rewrite more than the original already and I absolutely can't wait for more!