Reviews for Rise My Last Son
TheLastSonOfEL chapter 1 . 5/13
Really love this story, edge of your seat type stuff. I enjoyed on how you took a different approach to The Kryptonians and their background/history. Please realease your sequel im dying to see what happens next
Luna's Meow chapter 22 . 7/15/2014
Your later chapters... were not as good as the previous. At about chapter 15 everything decreased in quality. The characters started to seem more forced than natural, there was too much being revealed all at once and it just got too big too fast. Maybe if it was paced just a little slower? The moutain that they use when describing a story, begininng, buildup, climax, resolution, end. You seem to have skipped the buildup? Or rather, the buildup and climax were kind of the same length. The beginning was the whole bit with Clark and Diana learning each other. This battle among the gods part was the climax... but the buildup to it felt compressed.

Overall a nice read. I've been waiting for someone to involve Rao actively in a fic and having him interact with the local earth gods. You may have changed him from benevolent to evil, but hey fanfiction. Liscense for change. I'll be checking out the sequel, but my hope will be that it returns to the quality of the first chapters over the rough feel of these later ones.

Oh and just a note, pay attention to your battle taunts. You had every character either use the bring it on gesture or say bring it. Remember to use some variety. Not just because variety makes for a better story, but also because it is realistic. Different personalities after all.
bigfan22 chapter 22 . 1/7/2014
That was a really good story. I enjoyed this alternate story line of Superman and the Kryptonians. While I loved the new backstory for Kal's people and God, I really enjoyed how you portrayed Aphrodite...the Goddess of Love is a straight badass. Now that Zod is back and about to bring more Kryptonians into the war, Darkseid and Rao are going to have one hell of a battle on their hands. Great story...I hope your still working on the sequel, because I would love to read. Thanks for all the hard work you put in for this story.
bigfan22 chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Pretty good start. Clark's journal was a nice touch, but I really liked Rao putting Ares in his place.
Thorndsword chapter 3 . 10/9/2013
Better than the beast? He's beaten?

That attitude is why the DC Universe is a total shit storm.

I'm gone,

- Thorndsword
unoaranya30 chapter 22 . 12/26/2012
Nice cliffhanger.

Cool to see Zod fighting on the side of our heroes.

Seems with all the gods and heroes in alliance that the baddies are in for a serious butt whopping :-)

I think in this chapter you did a better job of choreographing the fights/strikes. Somehow they seemed to flow better. Good job there.

See you in the sequel and in your unseen man story :-)
unoaranya30 chapter 21 . 12/24/2012
A fitting end to the traitorous Ares. Aphrodite continues to impress here.

Was that Zod?

Something tells me he's going to join the fight on the side of the angels this time.

Now enter Darkseid. Just when the battlefield was mostly cleared!

Me thinks Kal-El is going to be needing some help now.

Very nice ending to the chapter.

Do I get a cookie for posting the 100th review lol
JohnTitor chapter 12 . 12/15/2012
I really love this pairing, but this is where I think I will stop reading. I didn't like that everything seemed like it was "fated." I'm not a huge fan of destiny and things like that so I didn't like this. The other thing I didn't like was the whole, "Rao, Source, Ares, Aphrodite" and so on. There was too many gods and even though Superman has faced off with Darkseid, and Diana faces off with Gods as well the way you wrote it, made it seem like Clark was a god himself. You made it seem like he was overrpowered. His only weakness so far, seemed that he had some weird personality thing. I disliked "Lak" so much. He said, "pathetic, worthless, etc" soo much it was annoying.

I hoe you continue writing though. You seem to have a lot of ideas, and I hope that next time I encounter some of your work I enjoy it more.
Wonderbee31 chapter 22 . 12/12/2012
Well heck, it looks like the bad guys continue to get away for the moment, and will wonder if after all Rao and Darkseid do, if they will let them live in the end after defeat, because the good guys are better than that, or if Kal and the rest will put them down hard? Can't wait to find out!
Star Dust of Ancient Novae chapter 22 . 12/11/2012
Really cool. I can't wait to see the next installment. Will it be a seperate story or continued on this one.
Anyway
I really love how you brought Rao and the other gods into this. And your idea of a star soul and the origins of the Source are amazing. Am I to assume that New Genesis will also be making an appearance.
So the loss of Kalels star soul has made Rao somewhat mortal right. And with the personality attack on Kalel will be be in a coma for a while.

I enjoy your redemption of Zod. Nice to see that he has been given a second chance. It would seem Krypton shall rise again in a new age. No?
JohnTitor chapter 8 . 12/11/2012
All these gods and shit are confusing the fuck out of me. I know basic "godology 101," but still man! Like who is "Coyote" and isn't Amaterasu a Jap god?
JohnTitor chapter 6 . 12/10/2012
One thing I don't really like is that you make Clark seem so elated at feeling and not feeling. I understand that in the comics he can't really feel what people do to him, or that when he breaks up with Lois it's because he feels like he could break her. I know about his speech about the world being made of cardboard, but I think people in fanfiction tend to over exaggerate that feeling. Often times it seems that the only reason he should get with a character is because he can't break her in the process. Also, I'm not particularly fond of the whole, "fate" and "destiny" thing that seems to be going on in this story. I like build up in romance; however, every time they interact, it's as if they have already been together. I'm not a big fan of that type of set up.

One small thing that irritates me is when people talk to a god or queen, they say, "Your will be done." I think your autocorrect erases a "will" because it should say, "You will will be done." if you're having trouble with that, you could change it to, "Your will shall be done." It's just a pet peeve.

I do however, enjoy a lot of your story, and want to see how it turns out.
VFSNAKE chapter 22 . 12/10/2012
Wow! Poor Kal. Hope he pulls through.
TLynnson chapter 21 . 12/10/2012
Aphrodite is a mean mutha shut your mouth unleashed. Cool! These characters are not holding back. Don't follow the scene at the fortress but hopefully it will be fleshed out soon. Otherwise great update. Yeah!
VFSNAKE chapter 21 . 12/9/2012
Awesome! Now things are really getting interesting.