Reviews for My First Date with Katniss Everdeen
Good
This was amazing! You kept them in character and it was so well written.
ryrous chapter 13 . 3/6
I know it's been almost seven years since you posted this, but I figured I'd leave you this review anyway on the off chance that you see it.

I think I've read this fanfic maybe three times all the way through, with about a year between each reading, and it's STILL a delight. I love Peeta's doubt because it shows him as vulnerable. Everyone has felt the way he does in this story: desperate, ecstatic, embarrassed, hopeful, pathetic, and enamoured. You manage to put all these feelings into words in a visceral way, and I actually had butterflies in my stomach from a few moments.

It's always important to give a rounded review, and I'm a huge stickler for grammar and usage, so I feel like I have to point out that there was a decent number of times the punctuation made me wince. Usually this is enough to make me close a story and never look at it again. It is an ENORMOUS testament to you as a writer that you manage to still tell such a sweet, wonderful story despite the errors in craft. Faulty comma usage usually prevents me from being able to really get into a story, but yours had such pull that I fell in love with it anyway.

This was a treat, and there aren't many stories that are this good. I still want you to do maybe a tad more editing, but seriously, seriously, good work.

-ryrous
sunshine.katz chapter 13 . 11/9/2017
Loved your story. You did such an incredible job with fleshing out the characters and creating new ones that it came as an unwelcome surprise when the Reaping reared its ugly head. Thank you for writing it!
DustyHurricaneSquirells chapter 4 . 11/6/2017
I really encourage you to keep writing. I particularly liked the end of this chapter.
Aeigns chapter 1 . 11/3/2017
You grew him actually no spine. You made him an idiot. It actually grates my nerves when people completely alternates a character like Peeta's way with words with covers as stupid as growing a spine of all things.
baldcoder chapter 13 . 9/7/2017
Great story. Very well done. I like the alternate story of how things could have been different before the games.
JasmineDragon22 chapter 13 . 7/27/2017
What a great fic. Loved it from beginning to end. I think you had the characters pegged.
Juststella1 chapter 13 . 6/14/2017
Katniss and Peeta survived the Games now they have to survive the rest of their lives.
Juststella1 chapter 12 . 6/14/2017
"What are you thinking about'? "The lake".
Juststella1 chapter 11 . 6/14/2017
"Don't come here again...thank you for the bread". Poor Peeta.
Juststella1 chapter 10 . 6/14/2017
"It's only me Katniss". Sweet!
Juststella1 chapter 9 . 6/14/2017
"Walks" - a small step forward.
Juststella1 chapter 8 . 6/14/2017
I wonder if Katniss compared the two kisses. Is this why she's in such a state?
Juststella1 chapter 7 . 6/14/2017
Katniss worries about the rumours and Peeta tries to set her straight. Their first kiss!
1,603 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »