Reviews for What Once Was
Ocean7 chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
This was so sad!
Tink chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
"At the drop of a dime, you let everything we had go. And for what? A second rate 'best' friend, whose just riding your coattails? Everyone knows she's not going anywhere. She had her five seconds of fame and now she's just using you for all you're worth. Sure, I bet, both of you view each other as best friends. As equals. But we both know that's not reality."

I guess I just don't see where you're coming from. Because I never replaced you. I never just woke up one morning and said, hey, that girl we both really dislike? Yeah, she's replacing you. She's worth more to me than you.

And yeah, I was mad that night. Because you were wrong. And there are only a few people I care about, and one of them got hurt because of that. But at that point, things had already changed. You were already on your way out, and everyone knew it.

"I never would have thought you would have been the one to let go. After all the time you spent convincing me we'd be together forever, the 'Dream Team', I really thought we might've stood a chance."

Don't you get it? I came back for you. I came back FOR YOU. You're the only one I ever thought was worth sticking around for.

You broke my heart when you picked her. I will never trust anyone completely again. You were the only one. And now you're the lightning, and I'm the rain. I'm the only one still crying about this. Maybe it's over. No... It is over. I'm not going to be naive about this. I miss you. A lot. But it's been pretty clear that you're done with me.

So I'm sorry if you're hurting. And I'm sorry if that's my fault in any way. But I'm hurting too. Maybe the problem is that we're both too good of actors. Because I'll never let anyone see me cry.

Enjoy your thunder while it lasts. I'm going to sweep up the pieces you left behind.
darkangel chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
It hurts hearing you talk like this ... but I think I understand. I do remember loosing what seemed to be everything to me once. Images from my dark age will stay with me forever. Even while the world turns it's always night somewhere.