Reviews for Looking for the Wallpaper Sky
Aryn1 chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
I really appreciate that you use Slink for the pep talk instead of Buzz. I find it very appropriate. Not that there's anything against Buzz! He's awesome!

But there's a wonderful sense of familiarity between these two characters who've known each other, trusted, depended on each other and learned each others' ins, outs, and rhythms that's just charming. If there's a flaw in the third movie, it's that there isn't enough Slinky!

Mad props!
Funkywatermelon chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
"damn that woody". Rofl! Love it! So cute. Love slink!
Sour Pickle chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
This was truly wonderful to read.

Woody has been one of my very favorite Disney characters so seeing/reading things that dig a bit at his character always get me. Plus, with me being a Woody/Bo fan, I've been searching through since I saw TS3 and was heartbroken that they'd been torn apart. Reading these stories about them have been inspiring and so interesting to me and yours is no different. In fact, I'd say it's been one of the more enjoyable reads I've had along this plot line!

You did a wonderful job with Slink and Woody's conversation. Although Buzz might be Woody's best friend, he and Slink have been pretty close from before Lightyear's arrival. Their talk was familiar enough to be comforting and was different enough (IE, NOT having Buzz do the comforting/confronting) to make this story stand out.

However, the main reason I liked this story so much was how naturally you blended in the soul of Woody/Bo's backstory without saying much at all and how you referenced the "star crossed lovers" theme. It was very sweet yet realistic in regards to the two of them being separated with only a distant hope of someday being reunited.

That all being said, I would LOVE to see you write your version of where Bo is now, how she's doing and if she's having as hard a time as Woody is.

And, as much as it seems to be appearing here on suddenly, I would greatly enjoy seeing a possible, eventual reunion. Yes, it's a popular theme and a very unlikely happening if all of us are being "realistic" about Bo being taken away... BUT! I think you've done such a beautiful job crafting this optimism around "the star crossed lovers" that I not only want, but BELIEVE that they could find each other again... even if it's decades down the line.

Really, you've done a lovely job with a short and simple fic. It's really been a gem to read amongst some other good stories that I've found here. Great work. :)

Sour Pickle
wouldsomebody chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
This was really, really great. It's not often you come across VERY good Toy Story fanfiction, but I think that this piece definitely fits the bill. I could picture the whole conversation in my head. . .and I'm glad you didn't use Buzz. Don't get me wrong, Buzz is my favorite character, but he's rather hard to write. And, he doesn't have the same feel as Slink. Slink is just . . . an easy friend. Easy to joke around with, understanding in his own gruff, homey way. Kind of like a loveable, crinkly-eyed grandfather. . . er, well, that's kind of a bad representation, but you know what I mean. Haha.

All in all, very well-written and touching. . . and the idea of Bo being the one who *sort of* gave up in the end was new to me. Keep it up.
Sarafina Knowles chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I can't believe this story hasn't gotten more attention. It's one of the most well-written Toy Story one-shots I've come across. The detail is beautiful, and your skills are so much better than mine. The emotion was powerful and perfect, it really made you feel for Woody. I felt sad in the scene in the movie where they mentioned Bo being taken, because he obviously missed her :(

The dream sequence was great, I thought it was real, and when she cracked and faded I was like, awh! So sad! But for the talk about Bo, I think that choosing Buzz instead of Slinky would have made this predictable; choosing Slinky instead was perfect. I adore him too, he's a great character, and I could really feel the strong friendship here as he cheered Woody up.

So a beautiful little one-shot, I really loved it, and I'm glad I clicked on it just out of curiosity. I hope you know it was great. Thanks for the story, take care! PS I'm sorry for the long review, but the story deserved it lol(:

Sarafina
Alycia96 chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This was absolutely wonderful. Poignant, poetic, heartbreaking, and plain adorable at times. I've never read any interaction between Woody and Slinky such as this one before, but I'm really craving more now.

During my third time watching TS3 (yes, I'm that obsessed! hehe) I noticed that the incinerator scene showed us Woody grabbing onto Slinky's hand. As much as we want to believe the whole Toy Story series is real... :) The animators placed them in such a way for a reason. Ever since that, I've really been wanting to see more of their friendship; I found it here! :)

Oh, and I just loved how you wrote out his dialogue. Makes the story all the more believable.
Seiferre Quintesce chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Aww, poor Woody.

I think there are so many of these kinds of stories that it's really hard for me to get into them anymore, but I was bored so I thought I'd give yours a chance. I'm glad I did - it's nice to see one that's written in such a way (Where Woody isn't angsting his little arse off. Well, he is, but he's not bawling or in tears this time).

I really only see one thing odd about this fic, and that is Slinky even considering the words "bonny lass". It just doesn't fall right with me. Otherwise, I love his character here. Cracked me up when he said Shakespeare's overrated. :3

Well, okay, and it's a little far-fetched to believe no one would wake up hearing them in that small a toybox. But, y'know, it's not such a big thing. I liked it! Definitely faved.