Reviews for With Words Unspoken
Truly wonderful.
little miss michelle chapter 2 . 2/16/2014
Love it!
Anon chapter 2 . 11/4/2012
1000 points for originality for you using sign language to get J/A together. Loved it!
Anon chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Saw this recommended on Tumblr, so awesome! Tension is wonderful.
A chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
I just found this and it's wonderful! Truly an awesome way to get J/A together! Wow. Plus that kiss was hot!
Aevr chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
love it )
sabea28 chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
This story was written for me. I stumbled upon it about 30 mins ago! So well written! And the fact that it involves my two favorite character (and one of my favorite ships) and my second language is awesome! ASL is very personal and intimate at times and I think you did a beautiful job capturing some of the intimacy even in a class room setting. Not to mention it was humorous and very cute. Such a great story! Just wondering do you speak ASL? Because that was very accurate in the information you put it there! I really appreciate the accuracy :) keep it up!
IZZYgurl94 chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
I LMFAO-ed so many times through this story. It was awesome. That's all I have to say.
IZZYgurl94 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
"Jeff nearly chucked his backpack at the small, bespectacled man in a fit of outrage."

That line made me laugh so loud I woke my dog up! Also, that's as far as I got before I had to review and tell you how much I loved that line! LOL
Eliche chapter 2 . 6/8/2011
Great job. Really liked it.
SohoDoll chapter 2 . 12/27/2010
Oh, hey, great story you've got here :)
Miss Lavender Sky chapter 2 . 12/7/2010
Oh, that was adoable! (:
antebellum.kid chapter 2 . 11/15/2010
Oh, sorry, of course I remembered something extra I wanted to tell you the moment I hit the submit button... I loved that, while you focused mainly on Annie and Jeff, you kept the rest of the group so in character, as well. I have to say, Abed's role in this story was my favorite. A passage I thought was stunningly original and absolutely adorable?

Jeff signed Shirt back at him. He turned to Annie.

D-A-N-C-E

Dance. she signed back. H-U-G

Hug. S-T-O-P

Stop. W-H-Y

Why. Y-O-U-N-G

Young. K-I-S-S

Jeff paused. Then, Forget.

Never.

Should.

Why?

…F-E-L-O-N-Y.

19., and as she performed the simple sign, her eyes flashed fire.

Old.

Shut up.

Outside?

Can't.

THE MOST PERFECT ANNIE/JEFF-RELATED THING I'VE EVER READ!

Okay, fangirling over. Kudos. :)
antebellum.kid chapter 2 . 11/15/2010
I have to say this is my favorite chapter between the two, but only because I absolutely ADORED the way you wrote their kissing scene after Annie comes over to talk to Jeff. It was so sensual and really real, made the reader feel like they could be watching the two of them (all right, ick, that's not the image I intended, but I just mean to say, you described it so well!).

A few other things first:

Reactions ensued that had Jeff mumbling some excuse in a voice he had only heard himself use once before ("Oh, I can get another one!") and getting the hell out of that room.

-HAHAHA, so perfect. I read that line in that voice he used... So funny. I love when Jeff's voice cracks or gets high on occasion, usually when he's flustered or upset.

a) Honesty: "-trying to keep my distance from you because I need to stop obsessing over this because you're too young. And all I ever want to do when I see you is pull you to the nearest janitor's closet and kiss you and do things to you that would make you moan and scream, and every day it gets harder to stay away from you."

b) Deception: "-the same as usual. Everything's fine!

c) Evasion: "-dealing with some personal issues. I didn't mean to make you worry."

-I hope you understand how creative you are a writer. You didn't write this story plainly or sloppily. It had charm and pizzaz (razzle pizzale? as Pierce said in the most recent episode) and wit and I adore it.

Okay, now to my favorite part:

She looked like she had on the night of the Tranny Dance. Seizing the moment, then waiting for his reaction. Waiting to see if he would kiss her, clearly wanting him to.

But he shouldn't. They shouldn't. It was wrongwrongwrongwrong-

The right side of her mouth turned up just the slightest bit, hopeful.

Oh, fuck it.

Jeff leaned down and captured her lips with his own.

-I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I WAS SMILING WHEN I READ THIS! It was incredibly endearing and so Jeff and so Annie and so awesome and cute and perfect and wonderful. I do believe there is more between them than lust but that fits really well in this moment. They're so hot and I love how conflicted Jeff is once again because he wants to do everything to her but he's trying so hard to pull back because he's afraid.

Oh, that's another thing I wanted to tell you: I love how deep your psychological analysis of Jeff's feelings about Annie are. It's so personal and you feel for him (and for her) and I simply adore it.

Ugh, can't stop raving about this. I hope you write more with this pairing, you have their chemistry and dynamic down pat!

Love,

Briar
antebellum.kid chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Good. Lord.

All right, I've already read the entire thing—I couldn't possibly stop to review the first chapter, knowing a second one was waiting for me. However, after finishing this delightful piece of work, I knew you absolutely deserved proper reviews for EACH chapter.

First of all, it's important you know I absolutely adore Annie and Jeff, and I love reading fanfiction about them but it's difficult to find good stories, you know? All the characters on the show were written so precisely that sometimes dialogue is difficult to write for them. You, my friend, did it perfectly.

Okay, time for my favorite parts:

On Friday, there was a picture of Emma Watson on the top right corner of the blackboard with a giant red X through it.

And the Gryffindor kid did not reappear. The hint was taken by the class, and the jokes ceased.

-This made me laugh because, of course, Hermione was the first thing to come to mind after reading the name "Dorothy Granger.

Jeff could neither confirm nor deny that something inside of him had jumped a little at his, and for the love of Clarence Darrow, how old was he, 12?

-Your references are so intelligent and so fitting, I love it!

Step 1: Clear throat in a supremely masculine fashion. Check.

Step 2: Eye contact. Established.

-This is SO Jeff. You keep them in character so well!

Leonard. Think of Leonard. Um…toasters. Robots. Zombies. Apocalypse.

Inhale. Exhale. There we go. No unsightly bulges in the classroom.

-I can't tell you how hard I laughed at this part—it actually made me tear up.

"Suit yourself, Melvin Belvin."

"Please. And in your mind, you probably think you're Fonzie?"

(Somewhere deep down, Jeff cringed at this. She wasn't supposed to get his older pop culture references, dammit. She was young. She was supposed to listen to The Jonas Brothers and swoon over sparkling vampires. She wasn't supposed to do Happy Days. Uggh.)

- How CUTE is this? I can totally see them as the pair who just gets everything the other says, no matter what the decade!

"Lates," she joked awkwardly and walked away and Oh, bad decision, Annie.

-Oh, this just had me in stitches. I love that phrase, "lates."

The ENTIRE sequence where he asks what he signed accidentally and she says lust and he gets all flustered. I love this part: "Suddenly the room seemed too small. Or out of air. Or something."

Also, the Thanksgiving Eve scene. I just loved how conflicted he felt—what the hell was he, her *father*, and what did he care, anyway?—and how he tried but failed miserably to tell her simply that she shouldn't be drinking... He's protective of her.

I'm seriously squealing as I write this. Now for Chapter 2!