Reviews for A New Life
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Even though Sam liked to complain about their life and what John forced them into, I think the only real victim was Dean. He had to be Sam' brother, best friend, father and protector, yet he never had a chance to get same comfort for himself... I never like John and I think Sam might have reacted that way, but I didn't think he was such a coward to let Dean wait for hours and send someone else instead... but I liked your story:)
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
That is just so sad, especially the end where Dean sees Sam, but just drives off. Very nice story.
Straight-Up Hustler chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
So, I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks now, and your story has been the kick in the pants I needed to go ahead and make an account - feel awesome!

This piece is well thought-out, carefully structured and your grammar is decidedly above average.

Your characterisation is excellent, particularly John Winchester. Dean was ever so slightly off the mark, but not enough to detract from the fast-pace storyline and the episodic-feel; a precise replica of the usual structure of an episode of 'Supernatural'.

Very enjoyable, and I love how you weren't afraid to make Sam unlikeable without going OOC.

Thank you!
moira4eku chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Well, I can see Sam behaving this way, after all, Dean didn't call or contact Sam in 2 years because that is what Sam wanted, so something had to be up. Poor Dean, he's left behind by the two people he loves most. I want to smack both of them. Thanks for the great little one shot!
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Well, I liked your story. I love Dean-centric stuff, specially when it's angsty and involves h/c. :D You said you did not feel right somehow. I think you got the part with Sam just fine, but it couldn't hurt to add how Dean feels abandoned by the brother he raised. Additionally, this paragraph:

" It had been a while since he talked to Dean. In a way, he was kind of avoiding his son. He did keep a watchful eye over his son, but everyday they talked less and less. However, as he was getting ready to leave, he heard his son's anguished screams. John grabbed a shotgun and ran into the house. He heard the ghost cackling above. Anger cursed through his veins and he shot the ghost causing it to dissipate. John ran to the top of the stairs. Using his son's equipment, he set fire to the corpse. He grabbed his son's gun and ran back down to Dean. Within minutes, the fire had consumed most of the top floor. John bent down and picked up his son and ran for the door. The timbers of the old house started falling upon them as the fire devoured the building. They managed to make it outside before the house crumbled to pieces. Knowing that the police and firefighters would come soon, he loaded his son unto the truck and called an old friend to come to tow the Impala. When he put Dean in the shotgun seat, he felt the blood trickling out of his son's head. Taking his son to the hospital was too risky, so instead he drove at top speed back to the motel at which he was staying."

There's too much to take in at once. Break it up, add detail. You're telling the story rather than showing-I'd like to read how John has to fight his way through the house, maybe even encounter the ghost-scare the proverbial shit out of John by endangering Dean's life more-and scare the crap out of me by writing of the ghost torturing Dean. The fire is a good idea, but push the envelope-how about the fire spark the lawn, a few trees? Never be afraid to go overboard in your work-it's the glue that keeps me attatched to the screen.

Thank you for writing!