Reviews for Hell and High Water
stareagle chapter 6 . 9/5/2012
I deeply appreciate your linking spiritual growth and healing to the NCIS world. It is the one thing, a most important thing, that I find lacking in the show. Mash had Father Mulcahey, and I have often thought that NCIS needs a chaplain more often than has been shown.
Thank you for sharing your story. Excellent writing.
fifespice chapter 6 . 8/16/2012
aww loved it
fifespice chapter 4 . 8/16/2012
lol what is tony like sucha gossip when it comes to ziva he he
fifespice chapter 3 . 8/16/2012
cajunghost chapter 6 . 7/9/2012
I loved this story, mainly for the spiritual aspect, and also for the healing Zeva experianced. Heck I just loved every thing about this story, Yea I know about the friends and family finding this site, mine know that im writing stories and posting them, but I refuse to let them read it and I refuse to tell them how to find it on here, I keep my notebooks well guarded. keep writing if you still are.
USAFChief chapter 6 . 6/5/2012
This story touched me in ways unimaginable to you and I am deeply grateful. It is going into my favorites immediately, and I am going to copy it and put it into a MS Word document and save it on my hard drive just in case whomever it is from your real life cause you more consternation. (By the way, you can let me and Mike Franks know who it is and we'll take care of 'em for ya.)

Thank you very much for posting this.

All the best to you.

SmellyThePirate chapter 6 . 5/10/2012
Wonderful story. I very much enjoyed it. Great job. Thanks for posting it. :)
Amilyn chapter 6 . 3/28/2012
Love love love this. GORGEOUS. I love the theme of Ziva not having been forsaken, the idea that the voice she heard saying that was the part of her that was not broken. This is truly excellent work throughout, and, honestly, just what I needed today. I feel renewed by the reading. Thank you.
Amilyn chapter 5 . 3/28/2012
Nice. I was surprised, two chapters ago, at your decision to have Abby freak; she usually is so *strong* at those perfect times...and this explanation of how *moved* she was at the beauty and courage and purity of the's perfect.
Amilyn chapter 4 . 3/28/2012
I knew KNEW she was going to use the "let Abby see me naked" thing to mess with Tony. I LOVE how palpable the relief is in this chapter...and how Ziva knows Tony suspects, but she doesn't want that suspicion confirmed and solidified by giving him information...not yet. Nicely done.
Amilyn chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
This is stunning. I LOVE Leah. I LOVE the "what's the most offensive thing I could do" question from Abby and Leah's comment about the Gentile detector.

Most gorgeous and heart-rending line: "She wonders, for the first time, how it's possible that she could find beauty looking out of that cell in Somalia – but can't find any looking in a mirror."

And your description of the embrace of the water, the cleansing of it...GORGEOUS language there. So evocative and soothing even just to read.
Amilyn chapter 2 . 3/28/2012
I love how you paint the difference between Ziva and Tali's reactions, how much it shows about how, in that family, only Tali was allowed a childhood. You did such a nice job with the transition from one bathroom to the other, from past to present...very smooth. I am also impressed with the way that Ziva thinks, at first, that, maybe had she done mikvah before, she would be ready, then realized that, no, she'd still be just as unwilling to expose her new scars this time. Nicely done.
an-extraordinary-muse chapter 6 . 3/19/2012
This was an absolutely beautiful piece of writing. I have more to say, but my brain doesn't really want to function right now. :-) Again, the premise for this was very original, and I like the way you chose to deal with Ziva's stint in Somalia. I also appreciate the way you were able to write the religious aspect into it without it coming off as "preachy". I think the mikvah sounds like a very beautiful thing, and I think you explained it rather well; this was another well written story that I enjoyed from beginning to end!
eva-david chapter 6 . 2/27/2012
This is one beautiful story. Very... thoughtful and... reminding.

I think it is absolutely true that you can find beauty anywhere.

Thank you for sharing!
shywr1ter chapter 6 . 1/5/2012
I am so glad to have found this beautiful, beautiful story. It would be lovely on its own, but I'm glad you noted it as a possible explanation of how Ziva managed to get past Somalia so quickly - it was just perfect in doing so. This is the only story I've read of the huge number of Somalia stories out there that has made it seem like she might have bounced back as she did.

Thank you so much for this - I look forward to getting into more of your stories!
98 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »