Reviews for Hell and High Water
StandUpEvenIfYouStandAlone chapter 6 . 9/9/2011
this was a beautiful story that truly shows ziva finding her peace after somalia. this truly is amazing, i love it
starryjules chapter 6 . 5/31/2011
"She wants to weep. She wonders, for the first time, how it's possible that she could find beauty looking out of that cell in Somalia – but can't find any looking in a mirror."

That line took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. What an absolutely beautiful and spiritual story - I normally don't read fanfics of the latter persuasion because I think it's a hard line to walk for most. But you just nailed it here. I am so glad you decided to finish this story and did not delete it, because it absolutely made my night to find and read it. Thank you for sharing with us!
fanofthearts chapter 3 . 5/2/2011
you made me cry. wow
EmmyR chapter 6 . 3/5/2011
I am Catholic, and am not aware of Jewish traditions, but this story opened my eyes into how beautiful some of them can be. This was a wonderful story that you should be proud of.
Leonie1988 chapter 6 . 2/15/2011
I loved it!

This is just my kind of story! Great!
rockinthatthang chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
This was a very beautiful story. I am Jewish and I love how you incorporated the faith aspect. This was a truly amazing story. Thanks so much!
AliyahNCIS chapter 6 . 12/23/2010
wow! really well done. i very much enjoyed the faith aspect of the story and how that fit in with Ziva's healing. not being abandoned...that was a nice touch too. never heard of the water ritual but it sounds peaceful. thanks for sharing!
11nivea342 chapter 6 . 11/15/2010
This is a simply beautiful piece
amsb918 chapter 6 . 11/13/2010
I just wanted to say that this was one of the most beautiful stories i've ever read. i'm jewish, and while i've never had a mikvah, i know how spiritual they are. i think you did a great job at describing it, and wrote a great sory.
KYTIVAFAN chapter 6 . 11/11/2010
I am so glad to see a story of hope and restoration. Thank you and this is my FAVORITE story!
assasin3 chapter 6 . 10/3/2010
cute.
Lydian Stone chapter 3 . 9/28/2010
After so many cliche post-Somalia fics, this is in a class of it's own. You showed restraint and portrayed spiritual comapassion beautifully.

Many writers drag otherwise good stories out and ultimately kill them (in my opinion), either for the sake of soliciting reviews or just because they don't know when to say when. The best ones leave you wanting more, and you hit that balance perfectly.
A Smiling Cat chapter 6 . 9/26/2010
J'aime beaucoup !

Really, you wrote a great first story (even if I read another before this one) and I'm very happy you published it here

I loved your Ziva-Abby friendship ... and all the "not lost and not broken" thing !

Congrats !

-Cat :)
Wisegal chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I was so impressed and moved by this story. I was raised Catholic, so I have never heard of the Mikvah ritual before this story. I think that you did a beautiful job of communicating the intensly spiritual experience of that ritual. I'm a survivor of rape, and I can honestly say that I wish Christianity had something similar to Mikvah that I could have done after the attack. It took many years before I felt somewhat purged of the brutality of what happened to me. I think that you captured the voices of the characters perfectly, keeping true to the personalities that have been developed on the show. Again, great job.
Mooncombo chapter 6 . 9/11/2010
This story is very, very good. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you!
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »