Reviews for Hell and High Water
Wisegal chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
I was so impressed and moved by this story. I was raised Catholic, so I have never heard of the Mikvah ritual before this story. I think that you did a beautiful job of communicating the intensly spiritual experience of that ritual. I'm a survivor of rape, and I can honestly say that I wish Christianity had something similar to Mikvah that I could have done after the attack. It took many years before I felt somewhat purged of the brutality of what happened to me. I think that you captured the voices of the characters perfectly, keeping true to the personalities that have been developed on the show. Again, great job.
Mooncombo chapter 6 . 9/11/2010
This story is very, very good. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you!
Mooncombo chapter 3 . 9/11/2010
"She wants to weep. She wonders, for the first time, how it's possible that she could find beauty looking out of that cell in Somalia – but can't find any looking in a mirror."

Wow, that was powerful.
seetheworld chapter 6 . 8/27/2010
Hi. I just wanted to let you know your writing is incredibly moving. I cried over my keyboard for the past 2 hours, reading through all three of your stories. I hope you continue this, it really is wonderful!
Nemisses chapter 6 . 8/13/2010
During the course of the story I read it several times and one word comes to mind...Beautiful, that's why I put it my favorite list. Thx for sharing such a spiritual story, it's strenght shines in it's simple beauty.
abstractartist chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
This was simply beautiful. That Ziva was able to do what she needed to help herself, to work towards who she wanted to be on her own terms was so great. I've always thought she was intrinsically strong, and although we all can be "broken" at times, there is strength in how we put ourselves together.

That she recognized the beauty around her in the midst of her worst pain is a true testement. You wrote a terrific story, highlighting three pivotal characters in Ziva, Abby and Tony. You portrayed them with much maturity and love, and most importantly, you gave them grace.

Excellent job. :)
xxIceEyesxx27 chapter 6 . 7/31/2010
a very well written story
Lady Kags chapter 6 . 7/27/2010
Wonderful ending! No cheesiness, no hollow shipping...just a simple story, with that hint that reality doe shave a beautiful side. How you work that into this is amazing.

Even though fanfiction, you're a amazing writer, and I reallyreally hope to see more from you. You just enjoy yourself and go with the flow. I believe you have earned a spot on my favourite writers list.

Cheers!
You'llRememberMe chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
Great job on this story! It was one of the best ones I've read! It was realistic, too!
You'llRememberMe chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
Haha! This chapter was really good! It actually made me laugh out loud at the end. It's realistic too. Ziva would never tell Tony everything.

Great job!
LittleSpooky chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
There's a depth to Tony we all under-estimate... however, I still prefer Tim, that's just me (I personally would have strung Tony up years ago for his behaviour.. once again... just me)
SETI-fan chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
Aw, yay! Very sweet ending. I like the quiet conversations Tony and Ziva have, where you hear the silences as much as the words. This was a truly lovely story and I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for not giving up before it was through. I hope you'll still stick around (even if you choose to change names) and keep writing great things to share! *hug* I'm glad we could be the Abby to your Ziva when your account was discovered. You're a very good writer and should be proud of that.
M E Wofford chapter 6 . 7/26/2010
Can I just say I am so happy you did not delete or not finish this story. It's lovely.

And the serious thoughtful Tony you present is in character. I just rewatched Dead Man Walking last night and this is the Tony he shows Ziva for a few seconds twice in that episode.

You wrote a heckuva story, my friend.

I hope you will write more!
zivafan chapter 6 . 7/25/2010
I'm glad you decided to stay with the story because it was lovely. I could feel her peace in this last chapter. I like how thoughtful Tony and Ziva are here. Good job.
abstractartist chapter 5 . 7/23/2010
Thank you, thank you, thank you for dealing with the turmoil we know Ziva must have gone through after Somalia. I love the relationship and sharing between Ziva and Abby, and am enjoying the insight you're giving us into Ziva.

While my heart was crushed at how awful Ziva felt about herself-realistic for assault victims-it's also very uplifting reading how you're having her address this and heal herself. And yes, I absolutle laughed at Tony's antics, and how much fun Ziva was having with him.

Please hurry back with more. :)
98 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »