Reviews for The Joy in Pain
TetrisEffect chapter 1 . 11/19/2017
I like this interpretation of Nurse Joys as compared to the view that they're cynical and want your pokemon hurt so they'll remain employed, which the first trainer the story featured likely thought. Under similar conditions in real life, people develop compassion fatigue and burnout, and consequently they lose their sympathy after frequent exposure to suffering. The story demonstrated such effectively so that the nurses' apathy is believable in something as seemingly happy as the Pokemon universe.
QuietReaderWriter chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
What an amazing interpretation of Nurse Joys.
I noticed some spelling mistakes, but that's not the point.
I really like the idea of a Joy entering the job as an idealist: bright, positive, if-you-try-you'll-accomplish-it attitude. But then, as cases like the one portrayed in this fic come up, the Joy sees the true horrors of the world. She's no longer an idealist, but she pretends to be. No, she's a pessimist, maybe even cynical.
I liked how you made it seem like she died inside, which she did.
"But they pretend to be happy for your sake." Favorite line.
JK chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Hey man, that's deeeeeep.
sonnyseven7 chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
that's so touching 8.8 I so love it Nurse joy is so sweet - you must write another one with nurse joy as principal character you're a great writer !
Kuraitsuki Tukiko chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
This story touched me deep in my heart
SweetieLove chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
oh w0w.. o_0...another new take on Nurse Joy..somehow I have a nagging feeling that there maybe a touch of horror in the end.. :o

.~.
Pokapoka chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Great writing. I would put an exclamation point, but I can't seeing as I just felt "The Pain in Joy". (xD) It was a great story, I finally know why she says that. Just want to correct something. "And that trainer, that rude trainer! How dare he insult her, even after she warned her about the dangers outside her Center." you called the trainer a "he" and a "her". "How dare he" and "warned her". Keep writing! :D