Reviews for Irritation
Hakeber.N chapter 10 . 5/22
oh my god. oh. my. fucking. god.

I love this fanfic. and I'm kicking myself that I hadn't discovered it until now, when I abandoned the artemis fowl fandom long ago.

then again, younger me wouldn't have fully appreciated just how brilliant this work is.

yes, brilliant-it's brilliantly written, and worded, and of course artemis is perfectly characterized. but funnily enough-in a fic about the intellectual sparring between two very smart people-there was also a delicious, dark, very emotional undercurrent running throughout. all the hurt in artemis's (and, I presume, banks's) backstory. all the things that went unsaid. all the tension between them, which beautifully culminated in this line from chapter 9-

"I could have given you a breakdown."

"But you didn't."

so, yes-the premise compelled me to read this-and the wit and characterization and philosophical arguments are what kept me going-but it's the human emotions at the heart of this fic that I'll remember for a long, long time.

I may sound like I'm ass-kissing right now. I really don't care.

thanks for a great fic. oh, and-

kudos.
well, shit. my underdeveloped mind just broke. great story, it really deserved to be on a recs list.
Adamant39 chapter 10 . 1/26
thank you, for providing me with something intelligent to read good sir.
Adamant39 chapter 1 . 1/26
ohhhhhhhhohohoho!
I am looking forwards to this!
The Apocryphal One chapter 10 . 1/8
This was a very interesting read! You managed to craft Banks together well and have him engage in believable mind-games and debates with Artemis. It was fascinating watching them banter and develop a "grudging respect" for each other. The "Humor" label seems almost inappropriate in comparison-this fic made me laugh, but the psychology of the fic was front and center. Thanks very much for providing this fic!
blackkyu chapter 10 . 12/12/2015
Haha, always wondered about that one, thank you!
Birds Love Words chapter 10 . 5/2/2015
This was great! I think you nailed the dialogue perfectly. Artemis is a difficult character to write, and writing an intelligent opponent for him to face is just as challenging. Well done.
Crystia chapter 10 . 3/31/2015
I loved this! It was fascinating, and fun too.

Thank you for posting!
Guest chapter 10 . 3/20/2015
Amazing
T. Alana M chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
This is incredibly interesting - I like the mind games and analyses, it's kind of like reading a psychology textbook, except more interesting.
- also, I have discovered that I have psychopathic traits. Thanks for that. :P.
Guest chapter 7 . 11/27/2014
Nice fic, I'm kind of surprised to see this discussion come up. Things certainly seemed to go in a very Searle-like route. Not mentioning compatibilism is a pet peeve of mine, it's such an important perspective.
Mainstay chapter 10 . 7/17/2014
Quite possibly one of the most intelligent fanfiction, if not the absolute most intelligent, that I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
bkasavan chapter 10 . 2/15/2014
This was awesome.
Thanks for writing!
thebeautifulbicky chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
What an Artemis-y conversation.
thebeautifulbicky chapter 5 . 1/20/2014
Nice intellectual banter :)