Reviews for Whatever Else Men and Women Want
goldenspringtime chapter 2 . 1/5/2014
I would love if you would update this :)
goldenspringtime chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
awesome start :)
iris129 chapter 2 . 11/26/2013
This should be updated.
Indigo chapter 2 . 3/25/2012
Dear heaven, do I love this!

It has this feeling to it. Painful and matter of fact.

I kinda suspect Tobias' change of heart can be attributed to the cat. I don't think he expected his uncle to keep it.

I really hope you'll continue this, but if not: Thank you for what you have written! It is really quite magnificent.
Catty Vancouver chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
I hope you continue this.
Tobias Flies Free chapter 2 . 9/30/2011
Can't wait to see the rest of this. I like the way Tobias and his uncle interact.
MissAndalite101 chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
"You really should keep your windows shut. Birds could get in."

Best line ever!

It was lovely, one of the best I've seen
Tobias Mason Park chapter 2 . 11/17/2010
How is it that you tmanaged to turn an insignificant and disliked character into someone that I look forward to hearing more from?

And it's funny that Tobias's maternal grandfather only had three fingers (if you count the thumb) on his right hand; sounds a lot like a talon.

When you have more time you should definitely continue this!
hawktakesflight chapter 2 . 7/10/2010
Great job once again.

The conflicting emotions of yelling at Tobias versus wanting to tell him he was proud of him was rather bittersweet -

I wouldn't blame Nick - anyone would have been scared at the change that's come over Tobias since the start of the series.

Nice job once again.

freak show chapter 2 . 7/5/2010
I love the story. I like how Tobias' uncle sees the world, and specially what he thinks about his nephew. I noticed he calls him Tobe, with a bit of affection for him, but I'm guessing he'll never admit that out loud. And the fact that Tobias used to describe him as an alcoholic but his uncle doesn't consider himself that way, instead he says he only drinks a few beers everyday, like it's the most normal thing to do... I just think everyone is really in character.

Well, anyway, I'm really glad it's going to be longer than just two chapters.

Update soon! D
Ani-maniac494 chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
I really like the idea of Tobias having been named after his grandfather, and the way that Tobias's uncle could see the resemblance in him. I also loved the way you described Tobias's actions. His blank stare is very eerie, and so fitting.

I really liked the added respect in his uncle's voice as well, and Tobias's response to his uncle's overconfident reaction when he told him why he was there.

"He snorted again, sort of shook his head, like I had said something funny, like I was some kind of kid."

Again, so fitting. Tobias's uncle once seemed to intimidate him, but the threat doesn't even register for him now, and he has no need to prove himself.

Wonderful work! I look forward to the next part!

Alanfangor-Shrinal-Corass chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
Good story please continue
AniJen21 chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
it's so weird that these are the kinds of stories I like best, the ones that don't have to take place in a world of aliens and monsters, and yet the nightmares and horrors they evoke are all implicit anyway. I love how this is just a story about a boy and his negligent uncle, his fucked up family, and all that other stuff is kind of floating in the background, the matte painting that blankets the action.

anyway, very well done. I like the detail that Loren named Tobias after her father, and the parallels you draw between them are very insightful. I never thought about that before. I also kind of love how despite the fact that the uncle is a bad person, maybe a few degrees shy of villain, but certainly not sympathetic, there's still this kind of honor to him-like giving Tobias one free shot is going to make up for all the hell he put him through. I don't know, I really like this character and perspective you've built, and I'm glad this isn't the end.
AniJen21 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
ooh, that's chilling.

I love the voice of this, you really have that nailed down, it's just so believable and detestable. And I love the little details you put in about post-war Earth, like "space isn't such a big deal anymore." I don't know, just hearing about it from this kind of remote, uninvolved perspective is really interesting and chilling. Maybe it's Star Trek that indoctrinates us into believing that aliens are going to unite humanity, solve all the world's ills, but that's really just overidealistic. I like the tone you set in this a lot.

And man, I am more than excited about hearing why Tobias stopped by. I love the way you describe him, that he didn't age, that nothing changed but everything did. Very excited to see where you take this.
elektra30 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
This was beautifully crafted. I love how Tobias' uncle sees the whole war in an unromanticised fashion, living his life as the way it has always been, but deep down he still thinks of the people who have been in his life. Love the last scene, it was so poignant and a little haunting. "Thirteen, and not a day older", and how he was in the exact place as when his uncle last saw him. Brilliant writing!