Reviews for The Case of the Haywire Heist
Alex-Mellois chapter 3 . 4/26
I really don't appreciate what's going on with this mocking of English by non native speakers. It felt condescending especially because English is not easy to learn so native speakers mocking U.S. kind that was really annoying to go through. That and im also not find of the jab at Japanese women in the previous story when Hakuba was thinking about how Aoko is just not like those *other Japanese girls*. You guys are showing great length of Western entitlement and supremacy tbh and it's not fun to those who face this micro level of aggression every day in their lives.
Icyicy3 chapter 9 . 4/5
Ahahh, poor Hakuba. He's completely out of the loop isn't he.
Kitsu3 chapter 2 . 3/19
Just a quick note here, while I read my way through this series and favorite as I go...

"Shinichi!" Ran hissed, examining the marksmanship.

I don't know why this struck me more than the couple of other ever-so-slightly misused words (I seem to remember "exaggerate" used instead of "exacerbate" in the story previous) - perhaps it's the way it made me stop and think to figure out which exceedingly similar but different word should be in its place.

To get to the point: craftsmanship, not marksmanship.

I got so caught up in this story that I had to go back halfway through the next chapter, so these little things are hardly a notable detriment to your story. They're just - noticeable, on occasion. At least to me. Anyway, I'll go back to reading now. Love you for this story, though.
CJaMes12 chapter 15 . 10/10/2014
I have absolutely loved these stories, from start to end. Your characters are spot on and I love their interactions and thought processes. The two of you have crafted something awesome here, I'm glad I found it. Thanks for sharing!
ebonypol chapter 15 . 11/18/2013
Loved it :D
Jingyee1511 chapter 15 . 9/14/2013
I love the epilogue. I particularly love how the guys ganged up on Conan and how Kaito teased Aoko. it was so sweet and to give Kazuha and Heiji a chance to make up was great awesome fic! While the mystery was less than its two prequels this is definitely the most fun one! Thanks so much for (both of) your hard work! Read the lifejournal post on a sequel, and I'm sure I'm but one of the other fanatics who sigh from the fact that there won't be a continuation of this brilliant series. nonetheless thank you for sharing! These three fics should seriously go into someone's collection of classics, in DC fanfiction. *thumbs up*
Jingyee1511 chapter 14 . 9/14/2013
Hmmm the culprit not clearly part of the Black Organisation was a little surprising, but it seemed good that not only Kaito got the right guy but the little events that went into the heist! Like allowing the inspector to handcuff him, impersonating Mr Collector, allowing the cops some time to recover from their bleeding ears before moving off... And of course, Heiji and Kazuha's combined effort to get the guy. Nice work! And the part where Conan told Heiji that if he was called Kudo one more time he'd kick a soccer ball, and the part where Conan said he'll only be a husband to Ran... Epic. *thumbs up* good work!
Jingyee1511 chapter 13 . 9/14/2013
It is amusing to no end to know that Kaito's jii-chan was horrified by the girl talk. And it wasn't even that horrible yet! . and yeah I'm full of wonder that Kaito managed to pretend to be Shinichi, and even get past Hakuba! wow. I loved that meeting, having Hakuba squirm under the eye of the Detective of The East. *thumbs up*
Jingyee1511 chapter 12 . 9/14/2013
Sensitivity of concrete indeed. the Kaito scenes really are funny! imagining Kid giving Heiji and Kazuha the opportunity to talk really was sweet too. And Heiji's irritation that Kid was acting as Shinichi! *amused* nice going!
Jingyee1511 chapter 11 . 9/14/2013
Hmmm. The parallel between Kaito's situation and Shinichi's really is startling enough to merit worry about it being the same organisation. and the chaos that followed after knowing who Kid was between Heiji, Ran and Shinichi was no surprise. Nicely done too.
Jingyee1511 chapter 10 . 9/14/2013
Hmmm Heiji's frustration at his father was a sight to behold! it was truly intense. And also with Kaito's reply to Aoko... Well, it was funny while the comic lasted, and saddening when it didn't. Not melodramatic though, I would say, but dramatic enough. nice work!
Jingyee1511 chapter 9 . 9/14/2013
Haywire Heist was named aptly. Everyone seems to be screwed over- Heiji must be royally irritated with Shinichi (and yeah, no surprises there), Kazuha may not be calm in listening to the facts (never have I felt the importance of honesty!) and Hakuba... Deserved what he got in totality. ._. I'm really addicted to this fic! Good work, really.
Jingyee1511 chapter 8 . 9/14/2013
I have the feeling I'll never be able to review adequately, for the chapters are filled with so many ideas that I'm not able to credit each one. But I love the turn of events. How Ran came up with the idea, how Kazuha got to know, how Ran lost it when she saw Kaito with Shinichi's face, how Conan had to pretend to be Kaito and leave a message for Aoko, how Conan revealed the story of Shinichi to Kid. Wow. Good idea and fantastic development. I really don't want this fic to end...
Jingyee1511 chapter 7 . 9/14/2013
Yes yes yes yes yes *squeals in delight* I absolutely loved how protective Heiji was over Shinichi! How he went on a rampage when he considered the possibility of one of the snipers being from the Black Organisation! *cheers* and Ran's understanding of how much it was for Shinichi to carry alone, and how Shinichi was feeling about Kaito! (the comment about the outfit having booby traps and ten colours of smoke was fantastic too!) *happy dance* fantastic chapter!
Jingyee1511 chapter 6 . 9/14/2013
Yes indeed, the teasing by Heiji was fantastic! I couldn't help but laugh with him, at Hakuba's lack of understanding... And I like it that Heiji's side was interesting for him. good action! *cheers*