Reviews for The Case of the Haywire Heist
CharmGirlLove chapter 1 . 9/14
I know ive left a review on here before but I feel i need to add more. You're good at mystery writing to a point I can never even get a tiny guess at the culprit until it's revealed. I love the hilarious stories Kaito spins together and how Hakuba's usual dry retorts just seem to add to them. I love Ran and Conan/Shinichi tease the hell out of eachother relationship. It's an excellent series so I thank you for writing it.
Lunapok chapter 15 . 7/22
Please please please please write a fourth story to this series,, I reaaaaallly love it! :3
CharmGirlLove chapter 15 . 7/3
Man I wish you'd write another detective Conan maybe one that involves even more Hakuba (He doesn't get enough love).
Friskel chapter 15 . 5/14
I love all your stories on Conan, even if it's difficult to understand Heiji's talk since I don't speak English very well. Will you make a sequel ? Like how it will end with the men in black or if Hakuba really give up the case of Kudo ?
kiddikatxd chapter 15 . 3/28
Ok, I've read the whole series now and I have to say, you're brilliant authors.
I think I've already said a lot of the following in a previous review on Hidden Epidemic, but...
1) Your Character development and your Characters themselves are amazingly written! You feel with them, their behaviour and reactions are incredebly comprehensible and they are just well thought through.
2) The fact that you made such an effort to include everybody in the story somehow is awesome and how you managed to tie all of the characters together... great job.
3) Awesome story plots! While I especially hold Hidden Epidemic as my personel favourite I still applause you for all 3 of them.

There can be said a lot more great things about these stories yet if I continued to point them out I would be writing until the day after tomorrow.
The only sad thing is that you don't have another story coming up :c
But I will definitely keep track of you and if you ever write a story in a fandom I happen to be in and read fanfiction about, be sure to hear from me again!

Until then, I wish you well (hehe, that rhymed) and hopefully you won't have to fight too many writer's blocks!

Kneoria chapter 15 . 10/23/2015
This is a phenomenal series! I love how youve written them so that they make sense together but can also be read alone if one wanted. I was sorry to hear that you have no more immideate stories planned for this saga but thank you for the amazing ones that you have already produced!
Loner Kid chapter 12 . 9/19/2015
can't the police determine whose blood it is? they should be able to use that to find the DNA of kid
Loner Kid chapter 3 . 9/17/2015
i honestly cant figure out why it's a B and not a V...
MayContainHyjinks chapter 15 . 9/4/2015
Running notes
1) Kaitos fun to write hahaha he's hilarious to read! its almost impossible to stop laughing! (author notes chapter 4)
2) Ooooh Shinichi you're in for it now, I think she considered your introduction as a proposal hahahaha (chapter 5)
3) Yes Kazuha mop hahahahahahaha (chapter 5)
4) Wow.. you two are smart... i'd never have thought that up! I'd have emp'd the place before smoking the entire building...decidedly less intricate hahahaha(chapter 5 author notes)
5) hahahahahahaha Nice kaitou kid nice hahahahahaha the maypole idea was brillent i only wish i could see that animated! (chapter 6)
6) no worries about it being half as funny as you think hahaha i think its quite amusing!(chapter six author's note)
7) Not predicting anything, just hanging ten XD (chapter 8)
8) Poor Hakuba hahahaha you probably shoulda thought that through a bit more hahahhaha
9) the dog anology bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh i'm rolling on the floor hahahahaha
10) strange company? forget strange hilarious is a better term (chapter 14)

Ah. This trilogy has been one of the most humorous things I've read in a looong time. It was so much fun to read it. Haven't looked at that link thingy in the epilogue author notes but I'll be looking forward to whatever Detective Conan stories you guys think up next.
In the mean time.. i think i saw a some 256 thousand word story in your story history, the title escapes me but I'm off.

majishan chapter 15 . 8/5/2015
my favorite one yet of the three!
Boogum chapter 15 . 6/22/2015
I enjoyed this story! Lots of fun with great attention to detail.

I'll admit that your first fic of this series was my favourite, but I have liked reading the other two. I take it you will not be uploading any future stories to FFN for this series?
Drakonflight chapter 15 . 6/17/2015
Love this series! Especially this last enstallment. Probably because there weren't any hospitals . . . And Ran becoming the Oracle. I can't stop cackling! Thanks for a great story!
Atemue chapter 15 . 5/28/2015
Wow, what an ending to this three part series. You did a great job and created a grand finale. I loved reading through every bit.
Personally I have to say that I think you did a good job with Hakuba. Admittedly, I feel a bit like Heiji here, I don't like him that much. But I must say that from what I've seen about him especially in the Kid mangas, he really seems a bit too obsessive, therefore the way you pulled this off felt totally in character for me. I was especially amused when Kazuha threw Hakuba out as well as that scene where Kaito once more fooled him with his role as Shinichi to protect Conan's secret. The most amusing part about that was that Kaito got through with it, by being a bit helpless about his excuse. It was just so funny how luck played into Kaito's hand again.

I think the only moments I felt were a bit out of character were Heiji's fights with his father. I admit Heizo Hattori rarely appears in the mangas, but for me it always seemed like he encourages his son with his detective work and would never stand in the way as he had done in this story. Usually their relationship reminds me a bit of Shinichi's relationship with his father, only that Heizo is a serious man through and through while Yusaku can be a little prankster at time. That's why the Heizo Hattori of your story felt a bit colder than I ever had an impression of him. But, as I've noted before, since his character has shown up only rarely I think there is a lot of scope for imagination of how his character might be, so I declare this a matter of personal opinion.

Back to the story. I loved all the Ran/Shinichi moments and I loved even more how you built up Ran's input from being a simple support in every day life to being communicator and assisting with intelligence. The bonus you later threw in when Kaito's admission came into the picture, offering her to become an apprentice with Jii as teacher was a great idea, I loved it. I simply see Ran as not only the calm presence in the background but also the strong force to help out where she can during a case or a heist, be it with her karate technique or coming up with a plan how to rescue Kaitou Kid.

Now of course, just as much as I loved the the Ran/Shinichi moments, I also loved the Kaito/Conan moments. They were so fun, especially at the beginning when Conan, while still indecisive and frustrated, took out his frustration by making Kaito squirm. While Ran reacted a bit scandalised and succeeded in making Conan feel bad, personally I think it was perfect retribution for the time when Kaito teased him, especially with the "tantei-kun", before Conan was able to grasp the irony of that form of address.

I also think you did a really great job with the revelation parts, starting with the disturbed confrontation from Conan with Kid, which at least went far enough that Kid was about to realise that Conan indeed knows who he is and has proof, then on to Kazuha's case and I certainly loved it when Ran and Heiji were told the truth. It was funny to see the different reactions (except Kid/Conan, because that one ended with the shooting), Heiji at first being not so happy, while Ran could sympathise even though she needed time to come to terms with everything and needed to decide how far she was willing to go with supporting Kaito. I also think it was a good move from Conan to not share what he would decide to do about Kaitou Kid, because this gave everyone the chance to decide for themselves.

Now about Aoko. I felt a bit sorry for her, because she was mostly in the dark thorough the whole story. This is not meant to be negative critique, quite the opposite, I think you built her in perfectly, I just felt for her situation very much from time to time when she felt so lonely. Her scenes with Kaito of course were great and I loved that moment when she was even a bit afraid for Kid, never mind that she might not like to admit it. Aoko certainly is the nestling of the whole group of teenagers. She is still mostly innocent and naive. I think that you're right with your assumption that she still needs to grow up a bit more, but just like she currently is, adds her as a good support for the every day life, since she just does not have anything to do with the heists (as she leaves that to her father) and certainly not with murder. In this story her role feels a bit like the tower of strength that pulls everyone back to normal, well as much as normal goes when one is Kaito Kuroba.

The end was also perfect. It was a great closure to all three stories, took care of every important question and even made it clear that Heiji and Kaito would get along well in the end. I think Conan is the only one to regret that, since the price for their truce was them teaming up on him, but it was a rather funny scene and it felt good to see even the last stubborn Osakan come to terms with everything. If it were up to me there could follow more stories that has those six together again for an adventure (yes I know this series is finished, don't worry ;) but I can be allowed wishful thinking? XD ).

All in all the series was really, really well done. I'm rather sorry that I've reached the end of this, since it's one of the best Conan stories I've been able to get my hands on so far. I'm sure to reread this again once in a while just to savor the moments. Thank you all so very, very much for coming up with this and sharing it with us. It's been a joy to read.

Usagi-Atemu-Tom /_\
Alex-Mellois chapter 3 . 4/26/2015
I really don't appreciate what's going on with this mocking of English by non native speakers. It felt condescending especially because English is not easy to learn so native speakers mocking U.S. kind that was really annoying to go through. That and im also not find of the jab at Japanese women in the previous story when Hakuba was thinking about how Aoko is just not like those *other Japanese girls*. You guys are showing great length of Western entitlement and supremacy tbh and it's not fun to those who face this micro level of aggression every day in their lives.
Icyicy00 chapter 9 . 4/5/2015
Ahahh, poor Hakuba. He's completely out of the loop isn't he.