Reviews for Proper Words
A Markov chapter 1 . 6/3
This is billed as a character study and it delivers that you also do a great job capturing the rythm of the show and the cadence of the dialogue. Good concept, well constructed and presented.

Gwaeros chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
This is without a doubt the best Zoe fic I've read. I love the use of capitalisation for Zoe's Big Heart, it just seemed perfect for the character's voice, and the ending made me squee.
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
"Mal is what she is. Wash is the world she's hoping to live in someday, even if it takes a while to get there. The two aren't exclusive. Zoe's bigger than that." Nicely said.
Insomniac Owl chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Let me say first off that I've never seen Firefly. Okay.

I love your stories, because they always get right into a person's heart, explaining characters so well that they don't seem anything but real.

(The last sentence threw me off, though: 'put the night to bed'? I dunno, it just didn't sound right, to me, maybe it was typo.)

Zoe's Big Dumb Heart makes her One Tough Bitch - liked that sentence a lot, for some reason :)

Great job!
Ella Greggs chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
"You try to stand on your own too much, you end up eating your own self for sustenance, hollowing yourself out from the inside." Very true!
RionaEire chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
The thing I like most about this story, along with it having great cadance and dialect and being really well written of course, is that it portrays an emotionally empowered Zoe, something that I've never seen done before. Everyone assumes that Zoe has inner conflict or that she's struggling to hang on in some ways, or that she's just a basic person who doesn't feel all that much. Your interpretation is fresh and different and certainly just as plausible. I like the part when you say that Zoe is big enough for two people to sum up who she is, not just one, I think we all have parts to us in that way but I like how you present Mal and Wash as two parts to a whole, not as opposing forces that Zoe must contend with and appease them both. A very well written piece.