Reviews for A Soldier of Fortune
Zeragii chapter 10 . 5/26
This was a fantastic story! Really had me on the edge of my seat!
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 10 . 12/30/2014
Wow! Interesting bit of Egyptian mythology there! I love how Newkirk's pure heart and his fierce desire to save Carter and LeBeau enabled him to pass the Weighing of the Heart.
Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
good job- cool story
jenben chapter 10 . 5/31/2012
Holy granoli! Did we grow up watching the same TV shows? Monkees, Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes? I must say, you have excellent taste in television.

This was a great story. I have a real soft spot for Newkirk, especially, but also LeBeau (and Carter). Good job with all the Egyptian stuff, the languages, making Alistair such a horrible person, and creating an interesting (and mysterious) character in the Egyptian. I might have taken a few paragraphs at the end for a reflection by Newkirk, and maybe given Newkirk more than just his natural pick-pocketing talent and linguistic aptitude to entice Alistair. But those a such trivial critiques-don't pay them any attention.

PS. How much do you love Schultzie? Did you know John Banner dubbed the English lines for Polonius from a German television version of Hamlet that went on to be mocked by MST3K? I can't listen to it without thinking of Schultz.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 10 . 5/9/2011

Everything turned out all right.

Great fic, and is there any order that I should read the other fics I've missed?

The Duelist's Heiress chapter 9 . 5/9/2011
I do not like the sound of this weighing of the heart; when you write those they always are nail-biters...

The Duelist's Heiress chapter 8 . 5/9/2011
Sorry for not reviewing in forever...

Hope that everything works out for Newkirk.

hogan macgyver chapter 10 . 3/28/2011
Great story! I felt like I was right along there with them and I couldn't put it down.
Kirarakim chapter 10 . 8/31/2010
A good ending. I like that Michael did the right thing in the end and I will be interested in seeing what happens to him in future stories.

I really enjoyed how Newkirk/Carter/Lebeau worked together & how Newkirk showed Shadi that he was much more than just a common thief.
Bits And Pieces chapter 10 . 8/30/2010
Awesome ending! Loved all the action. I just knew that Newkirk would pass the test. ;) Great job; I really enjoyed this story; thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Deana chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
EXCELLENT chapter! The whole weighing thing was awesome! I can't wait for another story by you! :)
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
Excellent adventure with lots of action. Newkirk did a great job carrying that amulet and being able to help his friends. I didn't expect less from him. And his work with Michael hopefully will bring good things for the boy.

You wrapped up the story very well despite of all the situations happening at once.

I can't wait for what you have for us next :)
Marie1964 chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
Glad to see that Newkirk was able to pass the weighing, and that he was able to make Michael have a change of heart. I believe you wrapped everything up very nicely. :)
ColHogan chapter 10 . 8/29/2010
Wonderful and exciting ending to what has been a wonderfully well-written story. Glad to see Newkirk overcame the power of the medallion and was able to save LeBeau and Carter, and prove he was worthy of living to Shadi. Looks like Michael is on his way to being redeemed thanks to Newkirk. If you do another HH story with Michael, here's hoping he'll be on the side of our heroes.
Marie1964 chapter 9 . 8/27/2010
Such a cliffhanger! Will Newkirk be able to pass the Weighing? Will Carter and LeBeau both be able to get out of this scuffle, and help Newkirk? Will Hogan, Schultz or Teppel come to the rescue? Please update soon!