Reviews for Trust Issues
Ilse17 chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
I know it's probably completely useless to leave a review so long after you wrote this, but it's so very excellent I just had to. You captured perfectly how dysfunctional the relationship between Neal and Peter can be sometimes. Peter indeed doesn't realize how cruel he is when he's condescending with Neal, and above all when he shows he doesn't trust him. And this goes on and on until season 5 ! Like the self-righteous, unimaginative guy he is, Peter seems unable to learn, in spite of all the times Neal put his life on the line and did a great job for the FBI.
I think you're perfectly right to show that the more Peter shows his mistrust, the more Neal is tempted to come back to his former ways.
To see this episode as the trigger that really decided Neal to do whatever it would take not only to save Kate, but also to run away with her is very plausible.
May Eve chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
That's where you're ending it? O_O

Sorry, sorry, that's rude, but this is killing me. It's just begging for a proper resolution, a continuation. This is some excellent work. Would you consider a sequel?
Ultracape chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Fabulous counterpoint of Peter's and Neal's thoughts
nice disguise chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Very well done. I always thought it was resolved too quickly in the episode.
Griffinesque chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Extremely well written.
Jules-foil chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
This story was gut-wrenching, especially considering what we know happens to poor Neal later. I really did HATE Peter's behavior in this episode, but I think you're right about how oblivious Peter is about how cruel he sometimes can be, blinded perhaps by his desire to uphold the FBI as the 'good guys' to Neal's 'bad guy' and to keep Neal in line and out of trouble. As I read this, I thought about how a lot of stories seem to assume that Neal was going to change his mind or was at least having second thoughts right before the plane blew up in the finale. Your story seems to suggest the opposite. Would you consider doing a sequel to address what happened in the finale? I think it would be a unique story in the fandom.
kenziecaffrey chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I really liked that story.
Writer's-BlockDP chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Wow... you really captured the essences of the characters, and played this out in a way that shows how they really could be feeling. It's left unresolved at the end, which helps explain some of Neal's drive for the music box and Kate later on. Great job!
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Yes, but Peter was right. Neal is after the music box, he did lie about Alex, and we all know he will betray Peter's trust to find Kate, if necessary.

Peter was doing his job when he ran Alex's prints. The trust between them both is still fledging and they both let the other one down.
Sparky Dorian chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Aw... Poor Neal. That was a tough episode. This was a good tag to it, I liked it a lot. I think you described both of their feelings very well.