Reviews for Spellbound by Her Desire
toffeeme chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
loved this - I also think their chemistry is great in the movie and therefore found your fanfic. Thank you for writing this! :)
wondergirl329 chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Practical Magic captivates me too. And like you while I enjoyed Hoffman's
novel the movie is dearer in my heart. I loved the story and feel you captured his voice very nicely.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Your story was one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. It was eloquent and lovely. I've never read the book but I saw the movie when I was little. I never knew what it was called but thanks to accidently stepping on the remote I found it! Fate's a funny woman huh? Anyway, I loved your story. I've never read one as sophisticated like it. :D
Fixomnia Scribble chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Thoroughly enchanting, in the best of ways. I loved both the book and the movie, and I'm glad you referenced both.

You know, there are so many small gems buried within that I'm going to re-read this nice and slowly with a cuppa tea and a scone. And I do believe I'm going to re-watch the movie afterwards, and get some knitting in.
Slythermint chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
this piece goes beyond fanfiction. it's so honestly beautiful, and magically romantic, just like the film. i agree with you, by the way, about the book vs. film thing- the film is infinitely better in every single way, haha. so much more real.

practical magic hold a very special place in my heart, and this piece did it justice a hundred times over. your writing style is so easy to read, and it flows so well, perfectly suited to gary. it was nice seeing the story in his eyes, and to hear about what happened afterward!

listening to the soundtrack in the background of this made me tear up often, with both happy and sad moments.

thank you so much! :) keep writing, forever and ever!
Novi T. Foxtrot chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
Fabulous writing. Yes, a little sappy, but then again so is the movie. I loved the introspection though, even if he was a little spellbound.
HyperCaz chapter 1 . 10/6/2010
I adored this fanfiction almost as much as the movie. There's been so few Practical Magic fics (non-existent until this year) but even if there were hundreds more, this would still be the best. Thank you so much for writing this!
ModernScribe chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
This is wonderful! Your characters are spot on and I love how the story kind of weaves and backtracks around. It's brilliant!
William Stock chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
This is a thoroughly compelling chapter(story). I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end, and I highly recommend it.
Pelahnar chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
I liked it. I thought you were able to capture Gary and Sally's relationship perfectly and I liked the references to the sirens in the Odyssey.
Anasazi Darkmoon chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
You aren't the only one who liked the movie better than the book. I found it strange I felt that way, when it's usually the other way around. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this. It's really interesting seeing things from his point of view, and I think you did an excellent job capturing his character. Nicely done. _