Reviews for Masks
lol poor inkblot
Dragonsdaughter1 chapter 2 . 7/6/2010
Fun start!
TopHat chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
You have really detailed descriptions which made it easy to understand his thoughts and the new equipment.

The "...something to hide from.." line is awesome and now one of my favorite fanfic lines ever.
slapshot22 chapter 2 . 7/5/2010
Snake Eyes is a very smart man not to even try to surprise Scarlett, even if she was well aware what he had been up to around the Pit. It's good to see him gaining his confidence back at the expense of giving everyone a heart attack. Great work!
Faye Kinitt chapter 2 . 7/5/2010
great story so far and its set in a time iv always wondered about. just the other day has a talk with a friend over how the other joes would have first reacted to seeing snake eyes in action for the first time.

I cant wait to read more of this story.
PhantomEmpress chapter 2 . 7/5/2010
hehehehe Spooky Ninja cannot spook female intuition, especialy a female that's already tuned to you since she likes you... teehee. I can't wait for more...
willwrite4fics chapter 2 . 7/5/2010
Ha... love Scarlett's wry comment at the end. And thus the beginning of SnakeEyes' legendary ninja deadliness is born. Lucky that there's only a few Joes in, but I'd bet every single new Joe that arrives gets to "meet" the resident ninja in a properly startling manner so that they begin with the right attitude. Hopefully Beach doesn't shoot too many holes in the wall when it's his turn.
Karama9 chapter 2 . 7/5/2010
I shall always maintain that Snake Eyes enjoys showing off. Everybody's allowed a bit of pride, and that's how he expresses his.

Nice chapter. Jokes put aside, I think you're doing a good job of showing Snake Eyes desire to be in control again, to the point of doing it at the expense of his team mates' nerves.

I love Scarlett's reaction.
zenbon zakura chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
lol close enough to pranking! it makes it on my list! hurry update!
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 2 . 7/4/2010
...holyshit.

This is creepy. GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

I live less than an hour from Dubuque. And I work at a haunted corn maze every October. Are you spying on me? Are you a ninja? Is that it? Kidnap me and train me with your clan? Please?

And no, Hawk wouldn't jump. Maybe inside, but his balls of solid titanium ground him physically.

And cheating at poker, if done properly, will NEVER be given away by something so obvious as more cards than actually exist. "Buffs nails on shirt". Cheating at poker is the only way I can win, actually...Or if I'm drunk, apparently. Though I don't remember the latter, there are multiple eyewitness accounts and I discovered a large wad of cash in my pocket the next morning, so it must have happened.

Snake scaring the hell out of people just because...well, you summed it up perfectly. His skills are a way he can control his own life. Also, "brightly lit weight room with no real cover?" Pff. Cakewalk. What, you CAN'T do that? Loved that bit.

Also...ooh...crescent kick feint into axe kick? I've done that before. Because they bring their block up for the crescent kick, and then you can drop the axe kick right down on their hands or elbows (or feet and legs, if they've let them drift out to the side) and break things. I squeed a little at that scene. I'm not going to lie.

Also, it takes more than ninja to faze Shana O'Hara.
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Sweet. I'm part of a holy trinity? Awesome. I feel important now.

This was...oh, I can't even say how much I enjoyed this, so I won't even try. Suffice to say that I'm looking forward to any and all updates happily and somewhat anxiously.

Also, you're gone, Snake. Just don't even fight it. She'll get you wrapped around her pretty, deadly little fingers soon enough. Just go with it.
Grosbeak chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Try reading the comics some time. No green shirts or support personnel in the Marvel run.
slapshot22 chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
We'll have to come up with something other than the Holy Trinity of S/SE, because you definitely need to be added in there as well! Absolutely wonderful start, and I look forward to you filling in all the emotional gaps that Snake Eyes and Scarlett will go through. Thanks for sharing with us and Happy 4th!
Karama9 chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
I love the way you portray Snake Eyes, especially at a time like this, when he needs to readjust to what is basically a new identity. You're doing a great job, as usual, and I'm very much looking forward to more.
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
You have a way with these characters that makes them all the more real and human. I'm excited to see where else this goes. Snake Eyes just has the history that jumps from tragedy to tragedy with little adjustment time in between, and i'm loving how you are filling this gap.
46 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »