Reviews for Melody Ranch
Poppy isPretty chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
oh my gosh Ash! I had no idea you loved harvest moon! I've been obsessed with it FOREVER! We have much more in common than we think! Oh, it's me, Poppy. I'm too lazy to sign in.
JayleeTheWolf chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Wow i knew you did Sonic stories, but i NEVER knew you were a fellow Harvest Moon fan! Wow, we have a lot in common! We even like to write stories! And btw, i'm so in love with YOURS!
The Rune Reverend chapter 10 . 3/2/2012
No conflict? Well, considering there's little to now conflict in the Harvest Moon games, that's not to betotally unexpected, BUT a good sotry DOES havea conflict. Bare knuckle cage fights with Muffy? I'm just saying! It worked in Fight Club!
The Rune Reverend chapter 9 . 3/2/2012
You know what I really like about your story? The conversations. They're sharp, witty, and have a natural good humor to them that a lot of writer's don't grasp. They ebb and flow naturally and that can really save you in a story where conversations carry the weight of the story being told. Good stuff.
The Rune Reverend chapter 8 . 3/2/2012
You know, being a father myself, I could totally imagine little toddler Ash declaring herself to be a farmer. That was actually a very powerful and moving scene. Very nice.
The Rune Reverend chapter 7 . 3/2/2012
Mighty brave of Ash to dive in after Sparks. I mean, dogs are a MANS best friend and Diamonds are a GIRLS best friend, so Ahs must really love Sparks to risk herself for him, LOL!

Kudos to the guitar playing hippie for making the big save! #OccupyGrassHut for the win!
flying werecats chapter 10 . 7/22/2010
ROFL, I felt the same last time my computer got a virus! Her mom must not be good with animals if ALL the chickens went after her, maybe that's why she didn't like the idea of Ash working on the farm! That and the distance it puts between them, but frankly, I'd rather work on a ranch then live in the city!XP
Calico With a Pencil chapter 9 . 7/13/2010
Yo, Ash! Guess who!

I told you I'd read and review, and here I am. So, with that out of the way... ahem.

All in all, this story is very well put together and, quite honestly, I think this is the best story from you I've read. You set the stage in a way that gave me the gist of what was going on without boring me to death with the details, and got right into the action with the mugging scene, albeit a little random, but not unbelievable.

Your dialogue is very fun to read when it's just casual conversation, and Ash has made herself rather likable. All of the characters you yourself made have their own fun little quirks, which is what really sets characters apart, and even though I'm no expert on the official characters' personalities, you characterize them rather well through their dialogue and actions.

My one little pet peeve was a common pitfall people fall into, and that is describing your character's appearance/clothing to every detail, but you did well to actually incorporate it into the story action, so it was definitely a step up from the usual.

Overall, I really like this story, and I'll be keeping an eye on both it and you. Keep up the good work!
Maymist chapter 9 . 7/9/2010
Wow, this story is really good!
Haha, Marlin!
Please update when you can.
Maymist chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Wow, I just read the first chapter, and its amazing!

I'm going to read more, but I just want to say, I'm impressed and I loved you described everything! -

Its very good and I continue to read me.

You've described everything so well, when I was reading the knife seen, I even felt scared myself.

It was that good.

Alright, I'm going to go read the rest of the chapters now :)
flying werecats chapter 7 . 7/8/2010
SPARKS! Aw, I'm glad he's okay! Poor puppy!

...And Ash too, so sweet how he saved her! ;)
InvaderTizzie chapter 7 . 7/8/2010
Oh my! That was some chapter! I hope all goes well for gus and ash! ;3
The Rune Reverend chapter 6 . 7/8/2010
Lol. I always loved the Harvest Sprites. They seem so very mischievous.
flying werecats chapter 6 . 7/7/2010
ROFL, the sprites are so comical!X3
The Rune Reverend chapter 5 . 7/7/2010
THe story is very good so far. Loved the introduction and the setting. AWL isn't appreciated very well. I liked it, although I'm in a small minority. Still, it had great music and for the time it was a beautiful Gamecube game.

Don't feel too confined by the narrative of the game. Break free and do as you want. It is your story after all.