Reviews for Soccer vs Football
SPN'sLongLostSister chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
There was a pause, and then Ziva snorted.

"He just likes having balls in his hands.
loved that part...laughing so hard
tvaddictedgrandma chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Happy 4th!

This was quite hilarious and I very much enjoyed it. Good job.
losingsleep20 chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Hi, remember me? Hahaha oh my god I actually have not logged on in so long. But I have nothing better to do at 3:50 AM so for some reason I logged on just for kicks (no pun intended?), and found this little story. Being a soccer player myself I just had to read it.

"He just likes having balls in his hands."

"What the hell is going on here?"

So good.

I like that Tony and Tim cheered for the Saints during the Superbowl. I know I did.

Welp I love these little one-shots filled with classic bullpen nonsense. Maybe I'll continue to log in enough to actually read more of them.
polarpi chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
The last three lines of this were my absolute faves - would LOVE to see this conversation in the show :D

Great job!
En see iy ess chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Balls in his hands.

I basically died of hysteria.

Tony's rant of about how Americans are special because they call the sport soccer was hilarious. Kind of reminded me of both of his American dream speeches. McSwitzerland tried to stay out of it again like always. Gibbs just finished it off. Great story.

Mc
A green wall flower chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
Woot Woot! Geaux Saints! I'm from Louisiana and it's nice to think Tony would have rooted for our boys. Great story. Loved Ziva's last line.
ImaginePeace chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
*smirk*

"I have always been good at sports that involve using your hands. In fact, I'm just naturally gifted with my hands."

There was a pause, and then Ziva snorted.

"He just likes having balls in his hands."

I was laughing so hard at that line, that's exactly what my friends would have said xD

Ziva's line here kind of confused me, I'd not sure if it's because of me or the line, but she seems to be contradicting herself: "If you have forgotten, I get up in Israel. I have always called it a soccer ball."

*Dramatic pause waiting for a Gibbs moment...* If there was ever a wrong moment for Gibbs to walk into the bullpen, it was that moment in time.

"What the hell is going on here?" Gibbs is a necessary ingredient in a bullpen scene :)
ReginaCaelum chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Oh, the TIVA love...funny ending!
Jess chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Good story, but just wanted to let you know that Australia calls it soccer too.
lele the drama queen chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Rarely do i write a review...very rarely, but i had the stronged urge to write one just now. 3

I absolutly love your one-shots! And this one perticularly got to me because quite a few friends and I have become quite obsessed with the world-cup in the last month or so and we had a huge argument about whether to call to soccer or football( the game is called FIFA after all.

Anyways I can't wait to read another fic of yours, and let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you as well! (mines july 7th and i shall be turning legal Woot!)
Viktorija chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Yeah, I read that article too. Great job! :D
OutCold chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Happy birthday to Silent! And also, here in France it is your birthday. So happy birthday! Very likely, your present will be late. It probably wouldn't have been if not for my catalogue of computer problems. So sorry about that. I'm working on it, but it's late here, and I need to go to bed, and I figured you'd rather get your review backlog now and your present later. :P

Now, obviously I saw this coming when I read the title, and I laughed. Lots. And then I laughed all the way through.

"Tony went back to his search (which was really an intense game of Bejeweled 2)." - had me giggling, even if it was completely unrelated to the point of the oneshot (well, what little point there was), it was funny.

Then Tony's line about KICKING a ROUND ball just made me laugh because I could see the build-up coming.

I love how Tony tries to use her newfound American-ness to make her call it soccer. If only it were so easy to win this argument, Tony, if only. :P

Tony sounds a little gay talking about football - mainly, I suspect, because he is paraphrasing your love of watching fit guys running around and tackling each other. Just pointing out, he's male and apparently straight. However, his gay-soudning-ness just made me laugh even more, so since this is supposed to be humour, I guess it acheived the aim.

I love McGee's neutrality, I can imagine how terrorised he must have been watching Superbowl with Tony. :P

I also like Ziva making MY point - that you insist on calling it something different to what the rest of the world does. :P And Tony's response - oh, so so true. :P

And oh my god, the ending... you should feel like a bad person, my dog had to wait an extra 5 seconds for me to soothe her from her nighmare because I coudln't recover from my hysterics. Poor,poor Gibbs. :P

This is wonderful, a fantastic present for Silent.

xx
Sophie Ranier chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
love your little bullpen scenes, there quite entertaining:)

and happy early birthday! my bdays on the 8th so I have only a few days too!

so great story and cheers to us cancers!
victoriantealady chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Oh man, Ziva's last line is a classic! I loved it!
YouGottaSingAlong chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
YOU TRAITOR ZIVA! YOU NEVER GIVE IN, EVEN IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE WRONG. NEVER. .

Never.