Reviews for My Father's Favourite
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
I just read chapter one, and I like how you inferred that it was Lucifer by saying "the brightest and most beautiful one of them all" and "the Morning Star." Great foreshadowing, and great story so far.
sunshine102897 chapter 5 . 10/23/2015
Holy heart attack. This entire story had me on the brink of tears, but when Sam was having his "life without Dean" glimpse and Dean's cocky grin and 15 year old self was waiting for him at the end, well, yeah. I lost it. Hello tears. Ouch. In pain. In need of help. Dean dying is probably the most painful scenario for me, especially when John is so beaten down and un-John like, ie In my time of dying. What I truly loved about this all was how it really connected to the show and it came full circle. It wasn't just Dean randomly sick. The part with yellow eyes and his twisting around of Sam's words to make the deal, was pretty genius. Oh man, and when Sam got to practically see himself as an older dude possessed by Lucifer, I thought man, this little story line fits in perfectly with the show. Great job!
ReluctantRavenclaw chapter 5 . 8/5/2015
This is possibly the best fic I've ever read and one that I will read over and over again, no matter how much it makes me cry! You balance the medical terminology will the family emotion so well, and you also write each of the character's points of view extremely well. Your Sam in particular was amazing. I also loved the idea of the yellow eyed demon coming to Sam early and attempting to make a deal, and then when Sam saw himself as Lucifer's vessel...I got goosebumps! In short, I loved this amazing story.
Daystar Clarion chapter 5 . 8/1/2015
This was so nerve wracking i had to take a couple of breaks in between chapters. God I hope I never get cancer...
Violently Red chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
This story was really sad and really well-written. I think I'm gonna go cry now...
reader50 chapter 5 . 7/2/2015
I went through several tissues crying silent tears all through the story. The story grabbed my interest from the first chapter to the last. I couldn't stop reading it.
pokefan22546 chapter 5 . 1/21/2015
Holy shit. I haven't cried that much since titanic. HOW?!
pokefan22546 chapter 3 . 1/20/2015
Thanks for making me cry, jerk,
pokefan22546 chapter 2 . 1/20/2015
This is as bad as Drums, Girls, And Dangerous Pie.
Houndini chapter 5 . 11/22/2014
Sequel?
Hannah chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
I have never cried so hard before
Amazing hob
Mendai Decovrii chapter 5 . 9/9/2014
Ah... I'm gonna need a minute to process that ending...
Otherwise, I loved the story. I usually don't care for AU/Cancer/whatever serious illness!Winchesters, because they're usually so out of character and... it doesn't fit with the canon. But for some reason, yours really captured me. Everything and everyone was so perfectly in character, I found myself picturing S2 Dean getting a spinal tap and *ug* it gave me chills. I also really appreciated your picture of John. It seemed spot on.
I also loved how you seemed to capture the long-term illness mentality. I can't really speak from personal experience, but it all felt... *right*. Natural. Like that's how it really would happen. I've never sympathized so much with cancer patients as I do now, and you're honestly to thank for that by making the whole thing so real.
The ending is going to take some serious getting used to. I was hoping hoping /hoping/ that John would find out what happened, or that Jim would, and they would scare the Devil off! Apparently your sadistic mind had different plans ;) I think... I think I liked it. But it was SO intense it /hurt/. But seriously, this was fantastic. I loved it. I look forward to reading more of your stories!
SiriusHadesWinchester chapter 5 . 7/15/2014
can you please do a sequel where lucifer tells dean about sams deal!?
Leighna07 chapter 5 . 12/24/2013
This is really great, the way you connected your story to the original supernatural is really believable! great work here! thank for sharing!
SavSilvy chapter 5 . 11/21/2013
I really loved this fic... You had me in laughs and tears through these 5 chapters. This is forever canon in my head
138 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »