Reviews for My Father's Favourite
NoilyPrat chapter 4 . 2/15/2016
Oh WOW. You really know how to get into the mind of a sick cancer patient - even more so Dean's. I didn't want to know, and at the same time, was dying to know what the boy was thinking. Poor dude.
Poor John, having to be strong for Dean and this being the worst time of his life.
Glad Pastor Jim explained about Morning Star. But I feel for the boy... YES. The Devil gave Dean cancer.
NoilyPrat chapter 3 . 2/15/2016
Heartbreaking, on both ends. One, how all the cancer is being dealt with. The puking, and tiredness from Dean. The complete shut-down melt-down from John hurt so bad to read. You've got a tear-jerker here.
Two, on how normal everything else is for Sam. Dean getting up and making breakfast. DAD fixing supper - oh, how he always wanted that! Definitely a tear-jerker there, too.
NoilyPrat chapter 2 . 2/15/2016
This chapter really REALLY did good in painting a picture of John trying to hold it together, and be "normal". Really love the entire beach scene, up until it all went to hell. Perfect!

The scene of Dean with the lumbar puncture feels so real, it's scary. Including his joking about a girl afterwards.
It's so hard going to school, and "being normal" - when your brother is going through stuff.

I felt for John, using the low blow to get Sam in line, knowing it hurt - but also knowing that Dean would need all the help to stay alive.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
Love how you've captured Sam (and Dean, and a lesser extent, John), with lots of details of being in 11 y.o Sam's head.

Hadn't thought of Morningstar being Sam's guardian angel, but it sure makes sense. If he'd realized WHO that was, he'd never had said what he did to Azazel - no matter what.

Poor Dean. Can't get killed hunting. And THIS is what Azazel came up with. Dude - careful with Michael's vessel...
M chapter 5 . 11/13/2015
Honestly, I never read anything shorter than 50,000 words, but I am so glad I read yours. It was very well written, and I would guess you have personal experience dealing with cancer based on the details you provided. Again, wonderful writing!
~M
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
I just read chapter one, and I like how you inferred that it was Lucifer by saying "the brightest and most beautiful one of them all" and "the Morning Star." Great foreshadowing, and great story so far.
sunshine102897 chapter 5 . 10/23/2015
Holy heart attack. This entire story had me on the brink of tears, but when Sam was having his "life without Dean" glimpse and Dean's cocky grin and 15 year old self was waiting for him at the end, well, yeah. I lost it. Hello tears. Ouch. In pain. In need of help. Dean dying is probably the most painful scenario for me, especially when John is so beaten down and un-John like, ie In my time of dying. What I truly loved about this all was how it really connected to the show and it came full circle. It wasn't just Dean randomly sick. The part with yellow eyes and his twisting around of Sam's words to make the deal, was pretty genius. Oh man, and when Sam got to practically see himself as an older dude possessed by Lucifer, I thought man, this little story line fits in perfectly with the show. Great job!
ReluctantRavenclaw chapter 5 . 8/5/2015
This is possibly the best fic I've ever read and one that I will read over and over again, no matter how much it makes me cry! You balance the medical terminology will the family emotion so well, and you also write each of the character's points of view extremely well. Your Sam in particular was amazing. I also loved the idea of the yellow eyed demon coming to Sam early and attempting to make a deal, and then when Sam saw himself as Lucifer's vessel...I got goosebumps! In short, I loved this amazing story.
Daystar Clarion chapter 5 . 8/1/2015
This was so nerve wracking i had to take a couple of breaks in between chapters. God I hope I never get cancer...
Violently Red chapter 1 . 7/26/2015
This story was really sad and really well-written. I think I'm gonna go cry now...
reader50 chapter 5 . 7/2/2015
I went through several tissues crying silent tears all through the story. The story grabbed my interest from the first chapter to the last. I couldn't stop reading it.
pokefan22546 chapter 5 . 1/21/2015
Holy shit. I haven't cried that much since titanic. HOW?!
pokefan22546 chapter 3 . 1/20/2015
Thanks for making me cry, jerk,
pokefan22546 chapter 2 . 1/20/2015
This is as bad as Drums, Girls, And Dangerous Pie.
Houndini chapter 5 . 11/22/2014