Reviews for My Father's Favourite
alwaysateen chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Poor Dean. What a horrible experience to live through. He's so strong and doesn't want to worry his family.

It's nice to see John's side of the story too, like he's not half as strong as Dean and won't be able to survive if he lose one of his sons.
Impaladreams chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
I'm sitting here rung-out, I've been totally riveted to your story. This must be one of the most terrifying situations the Winchester's have ever been in.

You have portrayed John's gut-wrenching fear for his son, the absolute terror that he is feeling, so well. For a man who is used to dealing with threats head on, to find something against which he is completely impotent and to have to put his son's well-being in the hands of others, is an awful ordeal. You have shown us his fear, confusion and vulnerability and the natural desire he feels as a parent to take away the hurt from his child. We are seeing a much more tender, yet totally believable, side to his character.

Sam's point of view is simply heart-breaking - from the sulking, selfish eleven year old, wanting things his way, to the helpless child desperate for them to be back the way they were. Your story illustrates well how we as adults try to protect our children from the truth and how angry that can make them feel and then shows us just how much the truth really hurts when it is finally laid out before them.

Poor Dean, he must be terrified by his sudden deterioration the awful reality of his illness and the side effects of his treatment. It is very effective how we are experiencing his suffering through his father and brother. I'm guessing things are going to get very rough for the boy but he is handling it in true Dean fashion. I would love to see more of how he is truly feeling.

The moments of tenderness and tension are equally well displayed, taking us on a roller-coaster journey of emotions as the family try to come to terms with what is going on.

I am very much looking forward to reading more. Please update soon.

Jane x
Gugga chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
just found this story and read through the chapters and the story is great, really sad but well written.
AllieMcD chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
this was amazing, poor dean having to deal with being sick, but my two favorite parts were when sam ran right to dean and tackled him after his play with a massive hug and then started crying and dean cooking a big breakfast for everyone in the morning despite not being able to eat any of it and then try anyway to keep the peace and end up sick afterwards
Noninone chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
I dont even know what to say...
zuimar chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Hi, thanks for the update! I just love long chapters and this one was awesome! I suspect things are about to get worse for the family.
PADavis chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
I love the way you've mixed the mundane (school play, movie)with the terrifying (chemo in the spine!) and the incredible way you are handling Sam's inner monologue. Also loved Sam hugging his father. Really beautifully done.

Phoebe
doesthatmakemepokey chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
such a good update. Deans optimism is really well done and Sam too. last chapter was heart wrenching at the end. I loved it. more soon please?
CanadaNL chapter 3 . 8/12/2010
Awesome job, as usual! Looking forward to the next chapter.
Zyanya chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
Poor Sammy, pooor Dean, I am suffering with the boys...please, tell us that YED is going to heal Dean some way...This is really good, ha ha so I want to read more )
timetowaste247 chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
I'm impressed with the story so far. The theme is interesting. The characters are coming out really well. You can understand their points of view and relate to them. I look forward to how they deal with Deans cancer.

Sometime during chapter two I was thinking to myself that I was surprised that John was handling the situations fairly well. He made sure his bases were covered, he seemed like he was doing all the right things because he was focused on what both of his sons need and not the immediate crisis of Deans cancer. So how I make sense of it is that John works better in a sense during a crisis. Its during the normal or neutral times the John doesnt really know how to handle anymore. It would make sense because he was a soldier, he has had a major tragedy in his life and is now living in an unending war.
shesamonster chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
I'm so happy you updated! I have a terrible feeling that the shit is going to hit the fan if (or when?) John finds out about Yellow-Eyes in Sam's dream. D:
Alienmom chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
Great chapter in a really good story. All children blame themselves when something goes wrong in the family but this is a nice play on an old idea where it was really something he wished for that caused it. However, Sam didn't know it would be like this. Excited to see where you take this.
Nialon chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
I always love every bit of your chapters. This is a really great story and I can't wait to see how it all pans out.
Mad Twatter chapter 3 . 8/11/2010
*bows down to you* I savored every moment of this chapter! I'll never be able to get enough of your writing, and I'll always be clawing at your feet for more. You're so spot on with the characters, that I might as well be watching a special episode that was specially filmed for my crazy, sick!Dean loving mind. Thanks for making my day so wonderful!
141 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »