Reviews for The Cold of Eastgate Road
Syein chapter 11 . 1/21
My...I didn't finish my previous review and accidentally clicked publish due to laptop's sensitive touchpad.
Here's the remaining afterwords, I love the atmosphere in your setting. Natsuki drenched in hard rain with no shelter wandering in london street is enough to drag me into this drama/mystery filled story. The rest, as you can see, I spent half an hour (I think) to finished all of it while barely taking any break. I made no attempt to deduct the culprit nor finding out where the treasure is (the characters did the work for me, I'm a lazy one and I know it). I am here hoping for some romance and I got one in the end. But most of all, I enjoyed Natsuki and Shizuru's relationship in these kind of setting, the expressionless/calm Shizuru and the caring/tsundere-? Natsuki is my favorite characteristics for this couple- in which you successfully delivered. Thank you very much for sharing this story.
Syein chapter 12 . 1/21
This is a well-written piece of work. I did have a hard time reading your work, not because of the way you write but because of my low proficiency in English. However, it gave me a nice experience to see how English could be used to write in a way such as yours.
DezoPenguin chapter 12 . 3/6/2014
...And here I am, three-and-a-half years later, noticing that this story exists. (Thank oncoming-traffic's favorites list for that one!) I must berate myself for my own stupidity here, because it's a wonderfully atmospheric story with an entertaining mystery. I must berate myself again for my own stupidity in failing to realize who was responsible for the ghost, given the cast members and the clues provided...but I must say, it was a rather clever twist to take Shizuru's romantic obsessiveness as seen in the anime and apply it as a family trait-yandere as genetic predisposition! I suppose the only real reason that I missed it was that Clyde was presented as such a boor-and in the one scene where they were together, Mitsuko as such a mouse that the implication was strong that Clyde generally browbeat her into submission-that it never occurred to me that she might feel that kind of love *for* him and so I was expecting some other family member of Shizuru's to crawl out of the woodwork. So it turned out to be the best kind of mystery, the kind that kept me in suspense right along to the end, but after it was all over left me going "argh!" at how I'd missed what was fairly provided for me in the narration.
MyPennamehasbeentaken chapter 12 . 12/6/2013
This story seriously needs more reviews ! It was very good, I don't know why I didn't notice your fiction before. Anyway, I am glad I found it eventually :)

The way you portray the characters is very well done. I also like the fact that you didn't drag this story for too long. Okay I admit I wouldn't have minded more shiznat goodness, but it's maybe why this story is so charming in a way : our imagination can do all the work, hahaha.

Also, it is very refreshing to not see all the mai hime/otome cast, but just the shiznat pairing.
Come on people, read this fanfiction, you won't regret it !

Hope you will write something again for this pairing and see you around :)
oOYuuOo chapter 12 . 2/26/2012
I really like it! I want more of it but I guess I'll settle for this ending. xD

Thank you very much for the story! I enjoyed reading it. :3
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 12 . 2/20/2012
Awesome story. )
BMeph chapter 12 . 1/30/2012
I mostly echo xn3ct as far as the story itself goes - the goofy-but-not-irritatingly-bizarre omake are much appreciated. The story was nice, and I have to confess that not only did I not guess where the treasure was, it took me by surprise to know that there really was a treasure. Knew who the ghost was, but that's only because there literally wasn't anyone else it could be.

Oh, if you're interested, I futzed around with yer story, sprucing up here and there (I'm not going to tell you how many "Natuski"s I fixed, if they don't get re-done, ya can count 'em yaself). Go ahead and PM me if you're interested in a copy.

My "inner pedant" wants to mention that "finding someone/thing wanting" is neither Kiwi-specific, nor even Commonwealth-general, although I suspect "beat to the quick" may be.

, just decided that, hey, if you're a starving student, then why not spring for a nice snack for the ego, eh? So, while I do agree, your story wasn't nearly as Holmesian as DP's, it was delightfully gaslamp-scented enough for amusement, and approval.

Please, do more, if the whimsy takes you.
BananaTeaLeaf chapter 12 . 12/20/2011
I absolutely love the way you write! This story enchanting. I really enjoyed reading it. Though I didn't quite understand Natsuki's family situation.

Anyways, thank you for a great read. :)
Krabkrab chapter 12 . 9/1/2011
The thought that counts indeed ;3.
xn3ct chapter 12 . 5/29/2011
I came here via kind of a roundabout way: You commented something on one of DezoPenguin's Shizlock and Watsuki's adventures and I though you were funny and witty, so I came looking for some of your stories. And I must say I wasn't disappointed! I enjoyed this story a great much, even though I could not guess who the other antagonist way or where the treasure was hidden (as you see i am not much of a detective). I thought your story was actually very well written, bus as english is not my mother tongue I do not thing my opinion in this topic amounts to much. The Omakes were specially funny! I am looking forward to reading more from you!
guinisee chapter 12 . 4/24/2011
so, -cough- I only just read this, but...I enjoy reviewing, so...

eh hem.

nice .

In future I'd try extending your work. While everything you've said has been said well, your writing would benefit from a bit more space and a greater sense of passing time.

other than that...I'm a sucker for shiznat, so, I mean, really, only positive stuff from me :D
bubble.duckie chapter 6 . 11/1/2010
My, my... You're keeping me at the edge of my seat! I honestly am very curious about this plot! I can't wait to read more!
bubble.duckie chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Wow you're writing style reminds me of those historical novels that i read in university and enjoying till now! Im very curious about this story and i bet that i wouldn't be able to put my phone down until im done with it! Ill be reviewing again once i'm done with the other chapters!
Scarlet Kurenai chapter 12 . 10/2/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this fic, please write more!
Sorrow86 chapter 12 . 9/1/2010