Reviews for Of Shades of Gray
lotbe chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
This is where I found you, the first story I've read that's yours. Took my breath away, I swear. There are some sentences, ones that are just so good. So much emotion and intensity that are building up and explode in the confine those small words. Like I said, breathtaking.

Out of all the Virmire-related stories that I've read, this one is undoubtedly the best. The emotions come across so well. They're not only acknowledged, but felt. It's real. And it explores and touches so many emotions that are supposed to be there but still aren't recognized. You show so many things that fail to be told.

Goosebumps.
euromellows chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Excellent story. I loved the way you really illustrated the agony of his choice - even though acknowledging that he couldn't really choose Kaidan. Your stories continue to capture Shepley very well.
joombajuicer chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
really deep. i liked this.
waiting4morning chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
Very nice! Lovely emotions evoked by the prose and word choice. "Cognac eyes" - wonderful!
Noobbody chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
First off: Shepley stories are 307% more awesome than any other by default.

It feels like every single word is carefully placed. In general, the quality is very high, one could be led to believe you are a professional writer. (are you...? :) )And it is also very obvious that you put quite an effort into your works.

What I liked most about this very interesting story is the ending. I think it is the right way to go for Shepard not to tell her, why she really survived Virmire for various reasons.

What would it say about him as a commanding officer, what would it mean for their relationship and his worry about her. Could she actually handle the truth? The difference between suspecting and knowing might be too much for her.

You see, your story got me thinking about all these things, thats how good it is.

Please do go on and never stop poasting Silver! :D
fullhans1 chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Very good story.
Psychotype chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
It really is an outrage that there aren't more reviews for this piece. Now, I've never really been a fan of Ashley myself, but this oneshot and the other one I've just read (So Eden Sank to Grief) were just so well written I couldn't help but love it. These pieces are really the perfect mix between prose and poetry, and I can't wait to read more.
BiowareFan chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Such few reviews for a marvelous piece?

"This is an outrage!"

Enjoyed reading your stories as there are few that are out there (Shepley) or are updated due to the focus being around ME2 and the new squad.

I look forward to more pieces of the Shepley mosaic!
TheLoneWanderer21 chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Love your story's I have read all of them so far and enjoyed every second of reading them. Keep up the good work and keep writing shepley as they don't have enough coverage for my liking.
P chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
I truly enjoyed this piece - the depth, imagery, captivating prose, and even some quotes tossed in lightly, as Ashley would do. The reference to gray ashes vs. Ashley is quite good. Also well depicted is the character development of Shepard as he struggles with human emotions and feelings vs. logical thinking. Well done again, Silver!
Padbie chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Beautiful as always, Silver. I love your grasp of Shepard's inner workings. :)