Reviews for To Sleep, Perchance to Scream
s-david-m chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Ooo, tough subconscious.
Osced chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
A really fun story, I almost thought she was still a sleep at the end when she learned about the food she bought for Casey

/Osced
Madje Knotts chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
That was HILARIOUS!
Mogget0607 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
I was practically wetting myself at the fact that she only realised that it was a nightmare when she didn't have her knives - fantastic!
hydden4ever chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
hilarious and horrific in equal measure but i'm always happy to read from sarah's p.o.v and about the main relationship in fates, i beg you,please have a heart and keep it the way we all know it should be. Chuck and sarah forever!
klingoncowboy chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
hehhehheh... well done...
anon4utu chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
After reading this (today) and after all the palaver at the GG, you know what came into my head? Flip Wilson's routine about Geraldine, "The Devil made me do it!"
Alaster Raz chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
Frea,

Has anyone ever told you that you have a penchant for both insanely genius titles and summaries. I must admit that the forewarning the titled gave that I was at least, somewhat, prepared for whatever debauchery you were going to write. Two thumbs for the slow decent into the darkness that is Sarah/Casey. Starting off with a soccer mom motif allowed you to slowly ease into a Sarah/Casey relationship. I think you picked on most of Sarah's insecurities here, well at least in Fates Sarah anyway.

You say that Fates has no definite romantic relationship except for the well-known Sarah/Bryce one. That is true. But if you were to consider Wind And Tide and this story as side-pieces or alt POV's then it would most definitely seem as a Sarah/Chuck story.

As always your writing is far superior than my own and many others. I'll admit to not being a gigantic fan or devoted as others are and how I want to be but your writing has bettered the Chuck fan fiction world by raising the bar that much higher. With the work this great, one can only imagine the greatness of the person behind it.

I look forward to any and all your work by your hand.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Hah, Sarah's control over her feelings extends just enough so that even in her subsonscious dreamworld, she stops herself from saying the 'l' word. Thanks for the laughs here. Everything was freakishly domestic. As for "Fates", I would go for no pairings.
Random Equinox chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
I never thought I'd read something that would fill me with half as much horror as it did Sarah, and yet enjoy it so much! Nicely done!
LayItDownSlow chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
hahahaha! Sarah and Casey shotgun wedding... uh oh. this was a great piece! I loved it! :)
OldDarth chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
The allure of this particular breed of fan fiction escapes me.

It is a testament to your writing prowess that you can carry it off so well.

Be wary. You have set off alarms - inadvertently or by intent ;) - for those to whom the ChuckVerse can only exist with one configuration.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Sarah and Casey? Eww. That is truly wrong. He is old enough to be her father.
Tynianrex chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Awww, come on Frea, dont do this! I love your work with a capital L, but this could turn into a disaster of Shaw proportions, specially after the awesome "To resist...". You are a really talented writer, and of course this fic is top notch, but after rooting for fate-Chuck and fate-Sarah for way too long, this is hard. Call me a stupid shipper, but those two need each other.
aardvark7734 chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Frea,

I can tell that you're one of those people who responds to a challenge by amping up their game. This one-off is particularly sharp and well crafted. I enjoyed it a lot. Let me tell you some of the ways... ;)

I think starting the story out in soccer mom stream-of-consciousness mode worked really well. It set a very calm and pleasant tableau that you could throw successively more disconcerting observations into. You managed to keep our attention on the details of the children while, like Sarah, we were only mildly disconcerted that the genetic details weren't adding up. This was an inspired misdirection. Ironically, it's the plethora of Charah fanfic painting similar scenarios which allowed us to effortlessly assume that Sarah's missing husband was Chuck.

Three major forces came together at the culmination that exposed Casey as the father and justified Sarah's reaction: First, it was jarring in that it defied our expectations. Second, it answered all of the genetic mysteries denying a foothold to any intellectual rebuttal and third - well, the very idea was f'ing shocking all by itself!

BTW, intended or not, the "opposites attract, likes set sparks" line was a subtle and clever bit of foreshadowing.

I'm sure people are going to like the Sarah characterization here just as they did in 'Wind and Tide'. In both, you depict a Sarah who's smart, perceptive and deductive, but who responds with an inner voice that probably sounds a lot like our own. And in both, her character is reacting to and trying to deal with unfamiliar and stressful situations: Here, her struggle to understand the bizzaro-world she finds herself in, and in 'Tides' her unexpectedly powerful feelings for Chuck. Her thoughts make sense, her questions for Chuck make sense. We identify with her through these commonalities - and we can't help but like her.

The buildup to the second crescendo, the realization she's in a nightmare, was similarly well done. And very humorous. I'm wondering if you actually compiled a list of "top ten Sarah neurosis" before you started adding things to her growing horror. Like "Sarah secretly fears Chuck doesn't feel 'that way' about her", or "Sarah fears Chuck will never be able to trust her" or "Chuck marries Jill", or the killer - "I'm not wearing my knife holster!" The latter realization, with it's five seconds of muddled but furious concentration before the light breaks through the clouds was simple but perfect.

Most of all, throughout all of this, there was never a moment that wasn't engaging and entertaining. You kept the dialogue and Sarah's internal monologue alternately provocative, emotionally impactful and funny. Also, the structure broke down really elegantly into two acts and an epilogue, and your tie-in's to 'Fates' (Chuck's quips at Stanford) let this story borrow and be supported by all of the back-story already developed there. It was a win-win. As I tried to suggest to you in GG, these occasional forays into alt PoV's can spark your main line story, both in the readers and possibly in your own thoughts. And with 'Fates' plot momentum slowing considerably in recent chapters (albeit losing little if any of its delightfulness) it can't hurt, right?

Finally, while there's too much fratricide around the crowd trying to be your biggest fan, ;) I want to say that IMHO you're just a damned fine author. Everything you've contributed to the "Chuck" fanfic body has become an instant classic, and you deserve every one of your accolades. We're all just really fortunate that you decided to pour your talents into this show's fandom.

And as a fellow fanfic writer, I want to thank you personally for consistently demonstrating how well it can be done. Not as a target to be copied, but as a demonstration of excellence in craft. You're one of the authors whose works show me that whatever I think I've done, it could be better. Thanks for that.

I hesitate to think how big your head is now, but if I'm traveling West I'll make sure to get a window seat on the plane so I can keep a keen eye out for any low flying blimps (sorry, 'rigid airships' as Cap'n Lammers would put it). :D