Reviews for Chuck vs The Prodigal Daughter
Osced chapter 49 . 11/14/2010
Great story! I really loved was interesting to read about Chuck & Sarah's kids instead of only about Chuck & Sarah!

jollpw chapter 49 . 11/14/2010
I enjoyed this story a great deal and I have read most of your stories with great interest. I took a moment to read your profile and realize we are of similar age and experience. To that end I note we skew a bit older than most Chuck fans. It is nice to see other fans older than 30, lol! I found Chuck online during the strike and was quickly taken by it. I have six kids four grown and quickly turned them all on to the show as well. We watch it regularly from Australia to several U.S. states where we all reside.

Keep the stories coming. I love the depth of character you and other fic writers are able to explore that the tv show simply can't afford to spend the time on... I also agree with you that Sarah is a compelling and interesting character, one that deserves to be fleshed out further. Oh how I hope the show uses the "back 11" or dare I hope a season 5 to do so?

Thanks again...
cardinal23 chapter 49 . 11/14/2010
i will be sorry seeing you go. i have enjoyed your stories for a while now, but i must admit i did only glance at this story. the bit in you A/N about why they pitted chuck against shaw? here's my opinion... sarah may have killed his wife but chuck did 2 things, first he robbed shaw of his revenge by saving sarah and second he shot shaw. if shaw wasn't saved by the ring he would have been dead. so in the mind of a lunatic whats the worse offense? just my take. again i have enjoyed your writing and i'm sure you will be missed.
wassupchuck chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
Noooo... Don't say this is your last story! I'm sure you have more. I didn't like the title when the story first came out, but I gave it a chance, and it grew on me. I grew to love the story. Well done, and Thank You!
CWT chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
I must admit I didn't really read Prodigal Daughter word for word, I almost skimmed through it because like you mentioned in your last author note I find it hard to get attached to original characters in comparison to Chuck/Sarah [I think that's why I don't read a lot of books].

Don't take that away from just how much of an amazing writer you actually are, you are head and shoulders above other Chuck writers, I mean that in no disrespect to others, it's just the regard in which I hold your stories.

I hope you continue to write Chuck stories, I had a look at your bio and saw your updated status and I really hope you continue on with The Art of Seduction, as sexist as it sounds I kinda like seeing a jealous Sarah over a jealous Chuck [maybe all the PLIs for Sarah on the show has made me bitter!]

I have a bad habit of wanting to know what goes on with Chuck in future episodes and saw what you alluded to with the show and having to break them up, I don't know if you are also referencing that but I agree that it just seems so much better when they are together, yet they still seem so keen to go back to the forced angst.

Anyways love how you portray Chuck and Sarah, every one of your stories you nail it, you've always made interesting OC's as well so I hope you continue to write.
ZebZ chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
As usual, this story was amazingly good. This whole arc has been incredible. It's been going on for so long and feels such a natural fit with the show and your AU characters fit in so well that it's hard to separate them from the real cast.

I'm at a loss for adjectives to describe the wonderful journey you've brought us all along with. As much as you've enjoyed writing it, I feel lucky to have the opportunity to read.
blackcat252 chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
wow, what an ending. i am glad that you enjoyed writing this, and that the lack of reviews didnt disappoint you. also, i am very sorry this might be the end of your writing. chuck fanfics need dedication like yours, and it will be missed. hopefully you can still send us some small stories as time goes by, and the show gives you fresh ideas.

thanks for all the hard work,

mason13 chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
thank you so much for this story and this whole arc. i know some people don't like the OC's, but i thought you did a great job with yours and integrated them into the main characters' lives well. i know you said that this was the end of your writing career, but i hope that you'll reconsider, maybe after a little break? i truly enjoy reading your stories. thank you
Tynianrex chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
A few months ago, I was sick in bed for the weekend. Intrigued by an article in the Chuckthis forum, I decided to try and read fanfiction for the first time. I spend most of that weekend reading your stories. I was completely hooked. I actually created my account to send you a pm thanking you for your stories. And now I'm even writing!

I love this arc. It is everything fanfiction should be: an evolving, original story told using the characters with love and respect. “Taking one for the team” is, hands down, my most re-read story ever. I'm going to miss Janice, Elise, and now Kate, Bryce and Sparky. Joe? Not so much. I never forgive him for his assault on Sarah. And while there are other great fictions in this site, I feel that this is the end of something. For me, this is THE Chuck fanfiction.

I really hope this isn't the end of your career as a writer. You are too good to retire and your readers would miss you too much.. And I'm still waiting for the art of seduction!

So, once again, thanks for the countless hours of great reading;

Tynianrex chapter 48 . 11/13/2010
Just so you know, I'm on team Sarah. I love Elise, but she could use a little lesson. Great chapter.
Pohab chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
Awesome story. Really enjoyed it and all your others!
atcDave chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
Thanks for a really fun ride. I enjoyed some of the extra fluff this time around, since it was obvious you were ending the AU.

I do think Elise is the best of your original characters, possibly because (unlike Janice), she is unappreciated and taken advantage of when she first appears. Even as a villain I was hoping she wouldn't have too messy an end, and it was satisfying when she switched sides.

I certainly agree Sarah is the most interesting character on the Show; I've been in several versions of the discussion about why I wish the show were more "Chuck and Sarah" instead of just "Chuck." I've been happy with where things are now, but I very much appreciate your stories (a few others too, but you were always the most consistant) for showing Chuck and Sarah as an awesome team before the show itself was ready to. For me, the story is simply more fun if the idiocy of S3 is skipped. Several FF writers provide that better path, your's are certainly the most involved and have the most developed mythology of their own. Well mostly, there's obviously a couple epic works going now that are completely writing their own canon; but I see you as the trailblazer for that.

I hope you change your mind at some point about being done. But thanks for the body of work you've finished (I really like the finished part! So many promising tales have never been completed), I've enjoyed it a lot.
gregstar chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
Surely not the end of your writing carear? You are so great at it.

I really have to apologise since imam one of those intermittent reviewers that gives a big smile when a new chapter comes in but then runs out of time after reading. A poor excuse I know but there it is.

I have LOVED this entire story arc and I cannot believe that it is at an end. Did you not want to write about the end of the Vegas trip? The two year jump was a surprise but I can understand wanting to wrap this up. I think my only disappointment was the lack of John Casey in this one although I have to say that I really liked all of your original characters and the team dynamics.

Thank you very much for sharing everything, your words, and all your stories. To quote a song, they have brought sunshine on cloudy days.
tastefullyqueer chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
Thank you for sharing a great story.:)
Guest chapter 49 . 11/13/2010
Thanks for the great story. Can't wait to see what u write next!
426 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »