Reviews for In The Service
Citrusdrop chapter 29 . 1/22/2014
I loved what you did for characterization and world-building in this story; organizational competency faced with true odds is much more interesting for me than typical power-level styled escalations found in other fiction.

I also appreciate how you ended this and actually think it's as elegant a conclusion as you could have made it. Overall, I enjoyed the respect and thought given to the nature of conflict and the exploration of the Wolkenritter.

Thanks again for your efforts, it's been fun looking out for these stories these past few years.
Eleventh Messenger chapter 29 . 1/12/2014
The war story of In the Service and A Numbered Existence is probably my favorite take on the Nanohaverse. I'm sorry to see it end, but I understand what you mean regarding the story being over.
PhoenixFTW chapter 29 . 1/12/2014
Dang. I'll be sad to see this story go.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 28 . 10/26/2012
Very good story so far. great fights, great details, I'm really liking how you're handling how the TSAB handles war. I like Samuel a lot. Don't like how you make every Earthling who isn't Nanoha incompetent, idiotic, racist, sexist, etc. We're not ALL that bad. And it's rather odd how most of the mages who aren't cyborgs don't even seem to have superhuman levels of strength at the extreme minimum, when it looks like the upper levels could take on Bleach characters in term of strength. At least. That's all, keep up the good work!
The Grog chapter 28 . 10/1/2012
This is a good story, well written and well characterized. The only fault I can see is that it is lacking that difficult-to-define 'something' that creates excitement, that makes good stories great.

It's a shame this doesn't have more favorites and followers; it's a damn sight better than some crap I've read a few chapters of with ten times the statistics.
Flock chapter 28 . 9/29/2012
I don't know whether or not the new chapter summaries are meant to be preludes to the next chapter (29 in this case) but I didn't see anything in this chapter 28 that seems to fit the summary. However, from your profile and the summary of A Numbered exsistence I will assume that is indeed the case, if so, then I will be greatly anticipating chapter 29 and the developments that it will bring, hopefully another interaction between Samuel and Signum.
Arcon1 chapter 28 . 9/27/2012
Very nice story. The character interactions are quite well done. I'm looking foward to the conversation between Nanoha and Uno.
GeshronTyler chapter 27 . 4/3/2012
Wow, I was just saying to myself the other day, I haven't seen any "In the Service" in a while. Thanks for the chapter. Some nice character insights again, this chapter. I'm looking forward to finding out more about Agito's past/origin.
ByLanternLight chapter 26 . 3/7/2012
Very impressive. 5/5.
Flock chapter 6 . 2/16/2012
Well it's been far more then 5 chapters and in terms of romantic progress there has barely been any for the Wolkenritter. I will outright admit that I am gunning for Signum/Samuel and although you haven't commented on the possibility (not really surprising since there haven't really been any inquiries placed that way) and have admitted that there is a possibility the Wolkenritter (and by proxy Signum) will never really end up in a romantic relationship with anyone. However since there still seems to be quite a bit left for the story to go I'll keep my fingers crossed that something might just happen. At the VERY least I'm hoping that Signum and Samuel at least acknowledge the potential for them to become a couple and their respective thoughts on the possibility even if they only ever remain friends, though I still do hope they will end up together.

As for the overall story, it has been a very interesting read so far. You have a very unique way of writing that has been somewhat difficult to comprehend for someone more used to reading writings that are more straightforward but I have found myself enjoying your particular brand of writing.

Hope to see more!
pheonix89 chapter 25 . 2/1/2012
Well, looks like the fakes will be around for quite awhile.

If Drei has the same spells as Eins, I suppose turning them to stone with Misteltien or trapping them in an illusion with Absorption might work, but those run the risk that they might break out.
Craxuan chapter 26 . 11/18/2011
Tame chapter. Which says a lot of O_O considering that you're the writer. xD
GeshronTyler chapter 26 . 11/17/2011
The war continues, I see. The situation concerning Signum and Agito is an interesting twist. Most authors wouldn't think of coming up with Signum's screwup like that, and breaking up a "canon" team. It'll be interesting to see if Agito and Signum reconcile sometime in the future, or if they simply decide to move on.

I see there's some SCIENCE! going on. _ Looks like they dodged quite a bullet there. Good thing Samuel/Agito kept their hand steady- that would make on hell of a beam saber. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, should Mariel manage to make progress on new Unison devices. Are you planning on perhaps introducing Midchildian Unison devices? A favorite plot-tribble of mine is imaginging that Raising Heart evolves into a Unison device, based on the large capability for independant action, and high degree of compatibility with Nanoha.
Atlan chapter 26 . 11/17/2011
Poor Signum. I have this overpowering urge to give her a hug.

Two points about this chapter:

1: When you have Samuel and Agito talking in unison mode, it would be really handy if you could somehow indicate that they were talking. If not with speechmarks, then with Italics, or brackets, or something.

2: At the end, the way that Mariel implies that their single session was enough to fill in all the blanks about Unison Device construction... that seems a little much, for such a short session.
Craxuan chapter 25 . 9/8/2011
Your specific knowledge of the military is both a blessing and a curse, really. On one hand you write an awesome story with realistic details and could convey very clearly the 'theme' of your chapter, on the other it lacks the MGLN innocence (or if you put it badly, stupidity xD) factor and avoids major fandom, thus making it hard for most readers to feel interested. I for one really have no interests in the combat cyborgs whatsoever, so I didn't read that one.

Putting those aside, it's still hard to review your chapters. ." I read this yesterday and tried to think up one, but could come up with only 'good as usual'. And even if I want to say Signum's... berserk seems unnatural, I also understand the term 'battle frenzy', how some people would do crazy things in the heat of battle or after, blah... So it kinda translates to 'no need to review' on something we both already know.

Well, continue your good effort!