Reviews for The Way Is Shut
Konrad Sartorius chapter 1 . 11/19
Any chance of sequel, any? :(
Shawn45 chapter 1 . 10/22
Excellent job! Felt like I was reading a chapter straight from the book, and you nailed the atmosphere perfectly. When they were exploring the final tunnel entrance, the hairs on the back of my neck were starting to stand, same for when they were exploring the building above ground.

I really liked it, good work.
Jonin Neji Hyuga chapter 1 . 10/11
Interesting and creepy story.
Matt Quinn chapter 1 . 10/9
Very good story. Flooded bunkers with potentially millions of zombies and the whole thing might go pop if it rains too much and start the apocalypse over again.

I wonder if anybody considered a burrowing nuclear weapon? If the bunker system fails and zombies start streaming out, that might be a way to get them in their millions before they all get out and head for the DMZ.
Monarck chapter 1 . 10/9
Excellent story. Fits the WWZ narrative perfectly and you nailed the creepy vibes.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 8/6
Damn. Chilling and incredibly plausible. This would fit into canon perfectly!
Damn... that could've been pulled right from the pages of the book. Outstanding work!
ANARCHY RULES chapter 1 . 6/4
Terrific story. It felt just like reading the book!
AndTheRest chapter 1 . 5/24
What makes this story even creepier is the complete version of the quote you used:

“The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead, and the Dead keep it, until the time comes. The way is shut.”

Until the time comes. God help the world if that time ever does come.
DJA chapter 1 . 4/7
That's awful...and so terribly in character.

You strike a very good balance between what's told and what's left to the imagination. Chills down my spine reading this (particularly when they reach that third tunnel).
Black Sun Upon An Icy Sky chapter 1 . 4/2
Holy shit, this gave me creeps.
Newcomb chapter 1 . 2/27
That was really solid. Nice building of tension.
Lady of Eryn Galen chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Ehm, I looked my door once the black human remains water stuff showed up so...It was like this had actually happened to you. Fucking creepy and damn realistic. Fantastic piece.
Illuviar chapter 1 . 11/13/2014