Reviews for The Way Is Shut
90TheGeneral09 chapter 1 . 3/21
Outstanding. I was wondering if there were any WWZ fanfics on North Korea out there, and I'm glad to have found one. Years back I found another that was set in an AU, depicting North Korea as still being alive and well, having repelled the zombies and even annexed Vladivostok. It was VERY in touch with the perspective of someone soaked in North Korean government patriotism, seems to have vanished by now. You captured the interview style of the book perfectly. And the eerie atmosphere of North Korea, the ghost ship of a country in WWZ- you captured that flawlessly. I don't think you could've done it better. This is truly outstanding, and MAN was that scary. Can't blame this man for not wanting to go back. By the way, the how and why he went there in the first place, the timespan, process, reasons for a expedition finally being sent to the DPRK- you give a highly plausible set of details on all that. I can't praise this enough. Well done. I will be keeping this on my Favorites list from now on.
Asters chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
It's 1.30am and there's no way I'm gonna sleep tonight but I love this and its tone complements the book perfectly
Vwchick chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
Loved how you wrote this- totally added a much needed scene to the book! Thanks!
Readerjkr chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
The way you build the tension, getting to a high level of foreboding is supremely done. Brilliantly written. Thank you for keeping this story on this site.
AATC-86 chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
This is great. Mysterious and well paced. I would have liked a continuation of it.
MorganShepard chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
Please write more. Now. Excellent work. 10/10
adipose1913 chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
A creepy and well-written read. Someone really enjoyed the book, because this is pitch perfect in tone with the book.
Konrad Sartorius chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
Amazing
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
Any chance of sequel, any? :(
Shawn45 chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
Excellent job! Felt like I was reading a chapter straight from the book, and you nailed the atmosphere perfectly. When they were exploring the final tunnel entrance, the hairs on the back of my neck were starting to stand, same for when they were exploring the building above ground.

I really liked it, good work.
Jonin Neji Hyuga chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
Interesting and creepy story.
Matt Quinn chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Very good story. Flooded bunkers with potentially millions of zombies and the whole thing might go pop if it rains too much and start the apocalypse over again.

I wonder if anybody considered a burrowing nuclear weapon? If the bunker system fails and zombies start streaming out, that might be a way to get them in their millions before they all get out and head for the DMZ.
Monarck chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Excellent story. Fits the WWZ narrative perfectly and you nailed the creepy vibes.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Damn. Chilling and incredibly plausible. This would fit into canon perfectly!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2015
Damn... that could've been pulled right from the pages of the book. Outstanding work!