Reviews for 1985
Bushwah chapter 12 . 5/31/2013
Your canvas fitting, your picture a masterwork. The switches between first, third, and second person were handled in ways I didn't know were possible, but as it went on, I accepted both that you wrote that way and that no one wrote that way. The chocolate was also a nice touch. I would have liked a clearer portrayal of not only intense fulfilment when O'Brien's touch was present, but also a sense of deprivation when it was not.

Winston's seduction by O'Brien is a concept that I expected to see explored in many fanfics, but clearly the set of 'fanfic writers' and the set of '1984 fans' has very little overlap. Still, had I seen dozens of variations on O'Brien/Winston, as I have with other control-centric pairings, I would recognize yours as, if not the best, then at least an unusually fascinating interpretation of their dynamic.

I have read in my own reviews that I leave the reader in utter despair... as Orwell did, and as you do.
Alex chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
That was very good and well-written. It's the only O'Brien/Winston fanfic that I was able to find.
Ru.Q chapter 12 . 6/13/2012
so long ago that wanted to read some O'Brein and Winston, and your story left me completely satisfied. It was a delicious twist, and the last episode was my favorite. Not only for the kiss, it was like and how things fit to "big brother" leaves his domain for the rest of men the only one who had been unable to master.
Just a fellow writer chapter 12 . 10/4/2011
I just wanted to say, I very much enjoyed this story.

There is very nary a digression in plot, the very different occurring situations weave together quite nicely, there is a good amount of confusing aspects that add to the general conundrum that speaks a lot about the book and your understanding of it.

After re-reading 1985, I figured I was not up for ending the story as such and looked up a nice, interesting sort of sequel to this, and among all the badly written, irrelevant fictions, I came across yours.

You are a very talented writer and I am glad that you decided to finish this story despite lack of supposed interest (?) in this book from the community. I felt compelled to comment, which I usually never do, if not only to state that your hard work in finishing this fiction went very much appreciated.

Although I am disappointed a majority of frequenters of this site would rather read and review a story about sparkling vampires written in txt spk nd grammur fails, I am at least satisfied with knowing that a small portion of the community enjoys classics and writing fictions that live up to the original.

Perhaps this review is too long? Too annoyingly complimentary? Sorry, I just believe that credit is due where it is due.

I do hope you have a good day, and cheers! Good work! Bravo! All words of praise one year overdue.

-S.g.o.
leaky.oven chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
This

This is amazing. Get yourself published.
Sunshine224 chapter 12 . 11/6/2010
Awesome...just awesome. Your story was one of the coolest and most scary I've read for a loong while. Nice one.
Eyes of Glass chapter 12 . 9/28/2010
Absolutly amazing. The writing techniques were mind blowing and the storyline was as compelling as it was professional. George Orwell would be proud. I adore the way you have given further depth to the people in the story and your style is memorable and chilling in it's execution. This is a fantastic story and one of, if not the best story in this fanfiction zone. I am praying you continue with this story line. Wonderful! ~Eyes
Port in the Storm chapter 8 . 8/1/2010
Honestly, I've never heard of this series before, but I'm still drawn into the universe that it is based in.

I like how you manage to make the world understandable, even through the not-so-stable mind of the man character. It's an eerie place, where people's thoughts and outlooks are controlled by careful propaganda and brainwashing. Winston is an anomaly in the system, something that should have been eliminated long ago but is too clever to be caught. And now, far too interesting to be killed.

O'Brien is still a mystery to us. Winston knew him before, but readers who have never read this book series will have to wait for more backstory to be revealed.

It's a very interesting, immersive writing style you're trying out here. It's broken, dreamy, and very befitting the mental state of Winston.

When I first read this, I wasn't very interested. It was a bit too depressing for my tastes, but in the end, it managed to drag me in.

You've done a great job painting a world for us readers. Nice work.