Reviews for What Part of Forever
GregTheTroll chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Hated it.(sorry) It seemed to much out of character for both of them.
FallenSnowman chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
are you gonna continue this? Please do. I loved it (and hated the ending - in a good way, if you know what I mean)

ANyway, great story :D
ambe888 chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I'm speechless. This was amazing. The emotion and passion in this was...I can't explain. Although you're probably not going to update since it has been awhile since you've posted, PLEASE TRY TO. Many of us readers and reviewers are begging you to. PLEASE.

PLEASE. THANK YOU. ;D
Kamen Disguise chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
OH SNAP.

wasn't expecting the ending. :D
01110011100001111 chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
I've owed you a review for this one-shot for quite some time now. I have a strange relationship with it, mainly because of it's place - it's POSITION if you will - in my experience with reading your stuff. First I read Boys With Girlfriends, then Cause and Effect, THEN...this. What a strange series to read! Jesus.

The first one was just a ton of lighthearted, albeit sardonic fun. The second one IS the most crushing one-shot I've ever read for this fandom, and still my overall fave. However, this one coming directly after that one was just so cruel that I couldn't review it. For true, it really pissed me off when I read it the first time. Bookended by your funny little a/n's here is such a tremendous punch in the nuts. It's a bite my face right off the front of my skull angst-o-rama. Not in the silly, melodramatic way. No...in the true way that makes me wish I didn't understand it.

I hope you take that as a compliment, because it really is. The writing itself here is just so fantastic that I was like..."Well SHIT man, I guess I'll just go back to being a mediocre backgammon player! Cause what's the POINT?" I'm a decent doodler as well. Can't DRAW worth a damn, but I'll rip you to pieces in a doodling contest any ole day of the week! :)

Honestly, if you asked me to show you which part of this I thought was inspiring on the writing front...I'd just copy and paste the entire story into an email and send it to you out of sheer spite...and when you said "No...REALLY. I'm being serious", I'd just send it again.

Okay that's that. You're an amazing writer and if you don't know that by now it's probably never gonna happen, so I'll just talk about the other things that got me in this one. Sam is the key to all this: she IS impossible here. That by itself depressed me to no end. I've always enjoyed the idea of her as a SEEMINGLY impossible challenge I guess...but she's honestly a WALL in this story. Sure...there are emotions seething under the surface, but even if Freddie totally understood her in this respect it wouldn't matter, because she doesn't understand herself...she only THINKS she does. That's such a hopeless situation, and yes...I know full well that I'm probably reaching too far into the subtext here. Forgive me, I can't help it!

Freddie continuously throwing himself under the train was hard to read too. God...that ending! I get the sense in this one that he's tried repeatedly to climb the blank wall that she simply IS only to slide down it - ripping his hands apart. So he waits until they callous over and tries again...and again he gets the same result: mangled hands. The end of this story isn't him ruining his already scarred hands yet another time. It's her leaving him without any hands to climb with. I'm serious...the only image in my mind after reading this is him standing outside that door and looking at the bloody, twisted, gnarled stumps where his hands used to be and weeping for all the wasted time he could've spent doing something constructive. Like making paper airplanes.

It's not lost on me that I might have misunderstood some part of this because I'm a male. I'll grant that I guess. All I can really say about it at the end of the day is that it had a major effect on me, and I won't forget it any time soon. You know how many fics I read around here that I forget almost instantaneously? It's too big a number really, and this is why you're one of my favorite authors. Your writing stays in my mind for an uncomfortable amount of time. This one-shot is cruel without being cynical. I could try to explain that further, but it would take all day, so I won't bother. I also want to add that I'm glad you didn't "complete" this story with another chapter. It was supposed to sting and sting it did. That's a job well done in my book.

Sorry...I know you hate it...but I'm gonna have to fave this one too... ;)
Coyote Laughs chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
*sighs sadly*

I guess I too will add my voices to the others crying for you to please finish this two-shot. I feel like Freddie now, cause I could really use some closure here. my heart hurts for poor Freddie, and yet, I know how he's feeling and why he's feeling that way. your writing style conveys it quite well. and also, you've drawn on the emotion that every person that has had their heart ripped out of their chest and pureed in a blender, and made it evident in Freddie's actions and words.

Raw. Emotional. Passionate.

Excellent.

Coyote

ps please, please update soon. and I'd love to read the smutty parts of this... cause your smut makes me uncomfortable in my pants... *laughs*
hidden-in-the-pictures chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I need to tell you that I ended up having to clear my history right after I read this and then spent like a good week trying to find it because it might just be one of my favorite things ever. (I seriously would not give up until I found it again) i know you have abandoned some 2shots and other stories in the past or just never updated them, so I am here metaphorically on my knees begging you not to abandon this. It is like the greatest thing ever. I love angry Freddie, every time he gets pissed off on the show I get chills, and I feel like so many authors make him too sweet and forget that he does loose his cool, but then the ones who do make him angry don't make him sweet at all. You have written the most perfect Freddie ever because he was both.(and in one chapter, how amazing are you? lol) And almost every Seddie fan knows that emotionally unavailable Sam is the best and your Sam is so great, I could literally hear them both speaking in my head. So please don't give up on this, and I'd be interested to see the smutty part that you left out, I'm kinda dying to see how it would have fit in. You can't imagine how I would be to see this get update like jump for joy happy dance. Thanks for writing it.
Tech-Man chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
There is a place in every guy. A place where the feelings of inadequacy, fear, dislike, and a hundred other emotions runs. For some guys this is right on the surface. You know when they are hurt or happy. Sometimes this is a really good thing...other times it is not. Then you have the guys like Freddie, the guys who are so even tempered that most believe they see right through them. You know they are hurt, but you think they have it all under control. Those guys are the ones who have that line in their minds. Sometimes that line leads to physical violence at other people, sometimes all that violence is directed internally. Those two realms show physically. They beat someone up or start smashing things. Sometimes they hurt themselves, even to the point of death. There is however the third option. It is closely related to the internal violence, but this has not physical manifestation. This type of damage destroys the person inside. It is that final piece that confirms to them that who and what they are is not good enough for others. That no matter what, their feelings are not important in the scheme of the world. They collapse into themselves, forming an emotional black-hole.

Not really sure there I was going with that rant. I suppose that I was just talking out the side of my neck like always. I look forward to that next chapter. To see which version Freddie turns into. To see the final damage Sam can inflict on Freddie. There is no coming back from that level of pain. At least none that I have ever witnessed.
Swedish15 chapter 1 . 8/9/2010

Can't say more - but I can see this behaviour. In all the characters. Thank you; I'm lying sick in bed, but you made my day better.
ForTheWin04 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
That was outstanding! You never fail to amaze me!
MeiSquared chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Hmm, I wonder who she thought was at the door the first time... Maybe there's more to the break up?

Anyways, I loved this! Can't wait for part two (:
sophia666 chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
*loved* this. I loved seeing the rawness of Freddie here- his anger and shock and jealousy, as well as his desire and love and want for Sam. I wonder if the next part will be in Sam's POV, or Freddie's again?

I really do want to see that smutty part... I loved the chemistry and pure hotness of the kisses in the second part.

great writing, I love this story already. :D
Katie Nat chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Yay you're back! Loved this story, angst is a particular favorite of mine as well.

I love me some smut and you write it so well, please post it!
sleepuntiltomorrow chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Awwwww :( poor freddie...
Mondegreen chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
WHOA. I love this. That last sentence was like a punch in the gut. Poor Freddie. :(

I really like the intensity and tension between them, and how the relationship with Sam brings out the darker side of Freddie's personality - the side he's always trying to suppress. I also liked the connection you made to his dad, and how he seemed to have influenced and shaped who Freddie is as a person even in his absence.

There is not enough well-written (angsty) smut for this ship, so I would definitely love to read your take on it. Maybe you could post it as an outtake or something if it doesn't fit with the rest of the story. I'm sure it will be a great read! :)