Reviews for Stepping Time
Pamba chapter 50 . 10/8
Thank God. Erin is great
Guest chapter 50 . 10/24/2016
Awesome bringing in abbie and serena. But they are a couple when casey is straight is super weird. And with Olivia choosing Erin this story should NOT be tagged under Alex/Olivia pairing now should it? False advertising. And why would Alex go from not being interested in Angie at all to suddenly dating her? A lot of inconsistencies
Guest chapter 18 . 10/19/2016
Obviously all for Alex and Olivia but I also like Erin and Olivia cheating on her is not cool
Guest chapter 12 . 10/18/2016
Eliott is a egotistical asshole as usual. So wrapped up in himself that he doesn't know or realize that his partner is gay
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2016
Yeah Casey definitely has a gay vibe. So why is she dating some loser dude?
hppjlj7090 chapter 36 . 5/23/2016
hi
LadySarcasm99 chapter 50 . 4/24/2016
Nice. This was a great story. I loved it. Hope there are others out there. Keep it up.
JayCV chapter 50 . 12/29/2015
Your sucks this is not a story of Olivia and Alex, stupid bitch
tua33450 chapter 42 . 2/21/2015
I am just now discovering and reading this story and it is awesome! I have been pro Liv and Erin for quite a while now, because Alex seemed to be acting a bit entitled and arrogant about Liv. But, I don't know if it's because I had taken a break from reading and came back to this chapter (with no mention of Erin) or what; but I think I might be back to Liv & Alex now ... I doubt that'll happen at this point, but I'll keep reading! Thanks for posting - great work!
Guest chapter 16 . 1/31/2015
I don't like this Erin person at all, and I don't think I'm going to like this Olivia or the story.
Guest chapter 50 . 1/31/2015
now I remember why I didn't like and finish read this story at the first time, how on the earth that Olivia Benson end up with this Erin woman? it's not even believable at all.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/31/2015
so one minute she was telling Casey how much she's in love with Alex, and the next minute she's so happily starting a new relationship with a woman she just met, while treating Alex like shit?
very well done, detective Benson.
headintheair chapter 8 . 1/10/2015
For anyone considering reading this story, please be aware this is NOT an A/O story, but is O/OFC with Mary Sue overtones. I really wish the author had posted a disclaimer and judging by the amount of reviews that say the same thing, I wonder why the author never added that to the story description. My only guess is that it is so that people will continue to say the same thing in their reviews and keep adding to her story's review count. Yes, I'm aware that I'm adding to that number.

IF you don't mind reading O/OFC, and A/OFC with a bit of A/O angst thrown in, then this is not a bad story. The grammar could be a little better. The author also puts profanity in her characters' dialogue that doesn't seem to fit their personality. For example, I can't see Alex regularly using the F-word in her everyday speech.

As for my Mary Sue comment, that is in reference to the character of Erin, who I actually LIKE. My issue with her is that she is just a little bit TOO understanding, a little bit too perfect. Also, the way the author talks about her military life and the amount of detail she uses, she is probably in the military or knows way too much about it. The amount of details Erin gives Olivia when she talks...people in the military don't shove that much detail down civilians' throats when they are on down time. It's nice to be away from military lifestyle for a while and no one wants to talk that much to their potential friend/lover about what their job is. Unless, you're writing an almost perfect character working a job you're intimately familiar with so that you can give your character a really nice rank AND promotion. Practically perfect in every way/Mary Sue.

If none of the things I've listed above bother you, then by all means read the story. I, however, was looking for A/O and found a story tagged as A/O, no disclaimer saying it was anything but, with a fairly high number of reviews (we all know how the story got such a high number of reviews) that seemed like a good, long story I could really dive into. I wish I could build a time machine and get those hours of my life back. Tricky author, you are. Clever ruse though.
buildnganempire chapter 43 . 12/28/2014
I did think this was a pretty good story but I really think it needs a disclaimer or at least a "Olivia/OC" comment considering your summary makes it seem like a O/A story and I likely would have read it anyway but now I'm just sort of annoyed that 40-some chapters in I realize it's REALLY not an O/A story. Feels like a colossal waste of my time considering I did not come here to read a story about Olivia choosing some random person over Alex.
Reggieme chapter 50 . 4/5/2014
Hello shesgottaread,
Thank you for your lengthy review. I'm grateful and amazed new people are reading this story almost four years after I wrote it. It was my first fan fic and I did learn some things as I wrote and some was through constructive criticism.
As I've told many through private message, when I started the story my thought process with Alex & Olivia and Olivia & Erin was different from where my muse ended up leading me. I definitely had some folks that didn't like that and left some profane reviews and private messages, but I'm glad many others stayed with it and read the sequel, "Double Time," as well.
There was no specific definition of "Stepping Time" I was basically meaning you can't go back or ahead in time and sometimes that timing and circumstances significantly impact relationships of all types.
Thanks for reading and for your feedback.