Reviews for Little Dixie
Raberba girl chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
It's really cool to see an AU like this. I think the end was a bit rushed, about how he's suddenly reformed and wants to have more legitimate business dealings (it wasn't rushed chronologically, but it seemed to be to the readers, since we only saw it from Kaoru's POV), but everything else was good.
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
this one shot is great! it's got comedy, romance, everything! so good! hope you keep writing!
ahschung chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
great story. angsty but sweet.
brit02 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Ok, first off, I'm a borderline Enishi/Kaoru liker. In some fics I like it, in others I just don't. It's taking me a while to get accustomed to the idea. Also, I liked how you built up the attraction though I think at first (without knowing Enishi's purpose for doing it in the first place) you making Enishi coming to stay by her was only a flimsy excuse to get him near to her and to get the story to progress. However, now knowing his reason why he suggested so in the first place it makes more sense. What I didn't like was how fast the kiss came. I liked the buildup, y'know, the river and the teasing and the sexual tension, but the actual way the kiss started-kinda violent-I thought was something Kaoru would not take well to. I really expected her to slap him. Taking into account Enishi's character, I understand that would have been the only way he could kiss her as he's not too gentle or anything, but still...However, everything after that (even the cute and heated end) I thought was appropriate and I thought, excusing a few, tiny grammatical errors, it was a well written fic.

(I don't usually write long reviews like this, so feel special that I did for you! lol)
iKiohri chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Fabulously written story.

Wow, and this was never beta'd? You lie!

Hahahah. I'm just amazed at how well it was written.

Though I'm not much for AU stories, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one. The characters remain true to their canon personalities and everything was just so crafty that I have to applaud you in this masterpiece.

Thank you so much for sharing and hope to read more EniKao from you in the future :3
Kirara26 chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
Beautiful story! Loved it :D
Iulia chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
You know, I was gushing about how awesome this story was even before I saw who wrote it, and then when I saw that it was you (At the risk of sounding stalkerish: I've been reading your enikao - and sasusaku - fics since 2004 and I've loved your writing since then - and that's what, six years now? XD) I was just so amazed that I didn't know what to think and look at this, I'm writing without periods and without any concern for grammar and damn, that was just an amazing story, I've missed Enikao so much and this- this was just epic. Love it. Thank you, thank you for this fic, XD totally made my day. I really wish I could give a more coherent review- but just- XD It was awesome. That's all I can say. XD Awesome, Wonderful, very beautifully written.

The ending was just amazing, and a wonderful way to round up the story, tying it into the story of their first meeting and all. XD "You have to start at 'one' this time." - I practically melted at that.

"If you want remorse, you're in for a long wait." - this too, XD You're so wonderful at dialogues.
JMai chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Wow, I remember how you were one of the first stories I read when I first became familiar with RK fanfics more than 5 years ago, so imagine my surprise (and delight) to see a story from you after all these years!

You certainly haven't lost your touch. I've always been an avid fan of yours for your amazing stories involving Enishi and Kaoru...and to be quite honest, you were the reason I became a fan of this alternative coupling.

As always, your storylines are so creative and are executed perfectly. It's always a delight reading your work...so much so that I was trying to savor this fic by reading it slowly and REALLY absorbing what was being written.

I really hope you decide to write more of the EK coupling in the near future! Thank you for sharing this with us )
pinaydilag chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
Beautiful story. Tell you what, I started reading this story and realized I had to go, so... I printed it and continued reading. hehe.

I love the interactions between the characters. You made me fall inlove with Enishi-Kaoru pairing once more. I also like the part when Kaoru gave a massage session to Enishi out of freewill. It's so sweet.

I hope to read more of your works soon. I'm starting with your Fractured Fairy tale. See you around. Thanks.

Pinay
donhisiewen chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I read your author's note and I have to say, it really depressed me. You are one of the very few that could write Enishi and Kaoru true to their characters in whatever time frame or alternate universe they are in.

That being said, the story is really good, so good that I forgot to be depressed for a while and just enjoyed the story. It's a wonderful read, very focused and direct, and the development of their feelings for one another, believable and realistic.

I love that at the end of each of your Enishi/Kaoru stories, she makes him a better man without even trying. Healing, that's what always comes to my mind after reading your stories. Enishi is healed by Kaoru; her love and acceptance of who he is make him want to be a better person.
noname00 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
I want more, but this is sadly a one-shot:-( I obviously loved the fic, and I hope you come out with more EK fics
Frida the Saintly chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Fantastic fic! I love the banter between Kaoru and Enishi. The dialogue is well done, it fits the time period but it's not overdone.

The massage scene is excellent, that's the first I've seen that in an E&K fic. It's great to see that not everything's been done in E&K and one can still give the pairing a fresh spin.

Good job on including Tsubame in Enishi's crew, she's keep Yahiko occupied. In scenarios where Yahiko and Enishi have to co-habit, they generally are at each other's throats all time and that can sideline other character interactions. It's good that you spotted that.

Great happy ending, I know it's a one-shot but I feel like he sold off his slaves too quickly. Enishi is pretty much the bad boy wish fantasy and the ultimate goal is for Kaoru to change him, but he's also a stubborn goat... I think the change needs to take time even after reading Tomoe's diary. I'd personally find it more believable if he changed his business practices fairly drastically now, with promise of more change in the future... or just hint at perhaps freeing the slaves later. Just IMHO.
sulou chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
loved it!
reader chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
You did a great job transplanting the RK universe into this AU scenario. (Everyone is 'cannon' characterwise.) I really enjoyed reading it. You have a great writing style, and I hope that if another ficlet crosses your mind, you'll 'pen' it and share it with us!