Reviews for Two Ways to Live
CampionSayn chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Sa!

I find myself in the odd position of admiring someone for sticking to the absolute exactness of the characters and yet still managing to make this interesting. And not only that, but beautiful in the writing as well. Especially how you managed to incorporate the pieces of mythology and the bible in an action that would make published writers jealous.

But the ending was especially good. And truthful-if ever there was a person on Earth that Agon was EVER-ever-ever-ever-ever nice to, it would be Unsui; but not for very long.

Should you ever try that other piece with the same ideas, even if YOU think it sucks, PUT IT UP anyway. Many here would be delighted, myself especially.
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Write another one! Write another one! I love the way you portray them! It flows so well! I'm a mythology junkie, so I know all of the references here.
Chiiseol chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I love this! Nice story about the Kongou twins :))
SelfcreatedCharacter chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
This is one heck of a 180 on the chapter where Hashibara subbed for Shin. It takes the portions of how Unsui feels and changed it to a more deeper version. X3
piefaced chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
this was absolutely wonderful. what an excellent look at unsui and his uncertainties and difficulties and the relationship he has with agon - it is never easy being the dependable, average brother next to someone as transcendently brilliant as agon is. i think you illustrated that to heartbreaking effect - in particular the reference to cain and abel - it fits perfectly. i also loved how in agon's gruff way, he wants unsui to stand up as himself too.

this was such a treat to read. unsui is my favourite and it's always so lovely to read fic about him.
Prosopopeia chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
This is absolutely fantastic! Brilliant, stunning writing! I wish more people would write about the twins. Their relationship was one of my personal highlights from the manga. And I'm so happy you thought of Cain and Abel because, yes, that IS a great parable to describe them metaphorically. Equating Unsui with Icarus was wonderful too. I was so happy when Unsui finally took that step out of his brother's shadow at the end of the manga. You write their voices so beautifully, I'm in genuine awe here. I started rereading ES21 last night, so I was definitely feeling the urge to read GOOD fic (which is, let's be blunt, really rare here) and I'm so glad I found yours. I hope to read more from you!
manhattan martini chapter 1 . 8/5/2010
I want to give feedback but I'm much too smitten with this piece to actually care. This was great. I love your style, and th italics between words were genius.
multiplicities chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
I think that as obvious as Unsui's suffering was, it's probably also difficult for Agon because he can't help being talented anymore than Unsui can help being inferior. Unlike with Sakuraba and Shin, there's really no way for Unsui to shine unless he branches out into a separate team, right? And even then he'll still be Agon's twin.

Reading your story, it makes it feel as though it's hopeless for Unsui to ever catch up. And it's not fair at all. Also, your mythological/biblical references were excellent. Very well chosen.