Reviews for Nonspecific
RionaEire chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
The writing was good, effective working of that scene. The extra torture violence felt unnecessary but I know that was a part of what you were doing, inserting more torture violence so I can't say that was surprising and you do have that right as a writer. More ookey than the extra violence was Jayne's remark about River, yucky, I always want to ruttin smack Jayne and beat him up when he says that every time I watch the pilot episode. Anyways this is a scene, if one were looking for one, where extra torture could very well have occurred so in that vein of thought it was a good choice of a scene to add to. It is also a good scene to highlight the less savoury points about Jayne, but it also highlights some of his strengths, his abilities to extract info and the fact that at least part of him wants to be loyal to his crew.

Riona
goddessofbirth chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Nice! Good little bit of AU with fierce Jayne. Very realistic:)
Gamebird chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Wow. That *really*, really sounds like a scene from the show, but it was a couple years ago that I watched it. That's a compliment to you, that your writing is so in character I can't even tell! LOL.